May 3, 2014, Eastern Fantasy....Anybody cruising with me????

Hello, we are just off the Dream and signed up for this cruise. We loved the Dream but heard even better things about the Fantasy. It will be me, my DW and DS(3) at the time of the cruise. We look forward to getting to know everyone and participating in the FE.

I know we met briefly on the facebook page as well, but Welcome! The Fantasy is awesome. So many great features. Your DS is going to love the Aqualab. We spent lots of time there on our last cruise when my DS was 3!

Happy Easter All! We haven't booked yet but we are planning to be on this cruise! My sister and I will be on the Dream in September and are going to book this cruise while onboard!

We'll have two staterooms, one for me and my sister and another for my parents. They want a verandah I think...My sister and I have a verandah for the first time on the Dream and I think we'll never be able to not have one!

Anyway! We are sooo looking forward to this cruise! It's our first time on the Fantasy and the first time a 7-nighter!

Myself, DH and DD(4) just booked this cruise. I have never booked a vacation this far in advance. I am super excited. I have been on the DCL when I was younger with my parents, but don't remember all that much. I haven't been on a cruise since. I am very much looking forward to this. Although I am sure my DH will be sick of me talking about it all time.

Jessica:cool1:

Thanks!!! :) I am so excited to be here! I know our cruise is 1 year and 5 months away, but... I need the time to get all the money together. 5 tickets from Utah to Orlando is a huge expense. Usually 508.00 a piece. UGH! Then, the kids want to do, Universal Studios - Harry Potter side, Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood studios, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon. So all that is a pretty penny. 1800 I believe, then the blue man group.
Anyone done the Blue Man group?
I am so excited to do Remy again. I look forward to that! Dressing up all fancy and going on a special date with my hubby! :)
I love Castaway. We went in May 2011 and it was beautiful. No rain, it was not cold, it was sunny and beautiful. I like going early May because then we get to see the Flower and Garden show at the Epcot. It is my favorite. :)
Anyhow! I am super excited!
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Stef

We went to Universal and stayed at Nickelodeon, went to MK, Hollywood, Epcot and stayed at Disney's Old Key West before we went on the cruise this year. I have to admit the adults were exhausted and we tried to do too much. I think it would have been better to stay at one place and not move. The packing and unpacking was a lot of work. Having washer and dryer in the room at Disney's Old Key West...PRICELESS!!!!

This thread has really grown! I have not posted in awhile.

My partner Lisa lost her beloved ( and my other ) Dad on January 6th. It was not expected. He got the flu over Christmas and never fully recovered. He fell asleep in his recliner and never woke up. Needless to say we are devastated.

Days later we were supposed to leave for Disney, and then to Lakeland so I could make and decorate a cake for my great-niece's first birthday. Lisa insisted I still make the trip...but without her. After some 'discussion' off I went. It was a bittersweet trip to say the least.

I am so glad to see that we have so many more participants on this thread and even a Facebook Group.

I cannot wait until our cruise!!!!

Linda

I know I'm new to this group and I hope this doesn't re-new the wounds. I just wanted to extend my deepest sympathy to you about your partner's dad and your other dad. I'm so sorry for your grief and hope you are experiencing some peace now. I lost both my wonderful parents 10 years ago and it still hurts. So I wish you great love and peace! So sorry! Liz

Hi everybody! We are trying to book staterooms 6510 and 6512. As soon as we know for sure I will let you guys know. We were on Fantasy March 16 for the Western Caribbean and loved the Fantasy Cruise Ship. That was our first Disney cruise and the whole family had a great time. We finally decided to join the FE Group on that trip we had a great time. My sister and I debated on what to do about the FE Group and we were all glad we did it. The kids and I (it's a debate on who had the most fun checking for gifts) had the best time delivering and receiving gifts. We definitely want to join a FE group this time, so let us know details. The group we were in had a kids group too, but my kids don't do FB. My kids didn't really get to know any of the other kids, but loved being a part of the group. My son did the Oceaner's Lab, but didn't like some of the activities. I will for sure do the orientation for the kids club first thing. That is where they decide what they will do for the entire week. I have joined the FB page and look forward to getting to know you all. Feel free to fb friend request me, so we can get to know each other better at Liz Garrett Green. Have I mentioned how excited I am? I can't wait!!!

We went to Universal and stayed at Nickelodeon, went to MK, Hollywood, Epcot and stayed at Disney's Old Key West before we went on the cruise this year. I have to admit the adults were exhausted and we tried to do too much. I think it would have been better to stay at one place and not move. The packing and unpacking was a lot of work. Having washer and dryer in the room at Disney's Old Key West...PRICELESS!!!!

I was thinking about doing Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney Polynesian resort, split it half and half... but you have made me rethink that.
I am not sure what to do...
My sister works at Hilton and she can get me a 2 bedroom suite for 79 -100 a night which includes cook to order breakfast...
When I compare the $380-550 at DAK or 100 a night at the Hilton it kind of makes me cringe....
What should I do?

I was thinking about doing Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney Polynesian resort, split it half and half... but you have made me rethink that.
My sister works at Hilton and she can get me a 2 bedroom suite for 79 -100 a night which includes cook to order breakfast...
When I compare the $380-550 at DAK or 100 a night at the Hilton it kind of makes me cringe....
What should I do?

I love staying onsite, I have never stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I do know the Polynesian is lovely and it is quick access to the MK, Epcot and they have buses running routinely to AK and Hollywood. There is a laundry area at the Polynesian, but I'm not sure where. I was very young when we stayed there, but when we stayed at the Grand Floridian in 2010 it was very accessible there. I haven't stayed at an off site hotel in a long time. If it is that cheap and cleaning your clothes isn't an important thing, I say go for that. Usually when we stay onsite we stay during free dining time and that is a bonus for us. However, If you stay off site I would highly encourage bringing your own snacks into the park. They have great grocery stores all around the area. I have a friend who stayed off site arranged for a limo service to pick her and her family up from the airport and take her to a close grocery store and she saved a ton of money making sandwiches and snacks and only eating one meal in the park. I don't really care for slugging all that stuff around, but some people don't mind at all. I think you have to consider what would be best for your family. I love staying onsite. I love having quick access to the park and the extra magic hours, so I try to stay onsite every time. It's always worth the extra cost to me.

What should I do?

We be deciding between those two hotels too! How funny! I've always wanted to stay at the Poly but I just don't think I can justify spending that much a night. I'm just too thrifty!! I think we've decided to go for a savannah view at AKL. We plan on getting in the Tuesday before the cruise and spending the majority of our time at Epcot (have thought about Beach Club or another Epcot hotel - anyone have any thoughts on those?). When are you getting in?

My personal preference is to stay onsite. Stayed off for two trips and on for the rest and it just seems more magical when you're staying in the middle of it!

Hi Everyone! We just booked this cruise while onboard the Dream a few weeks ago! There will be 9 of us altogether sailing. At the time of the cruise we will be Me, DH, DS(14-turning 15 onboard!), DD(6), DD(3) and in the adjoining stateroom - MIL, and her three DD(15, 15, 11). We are in 6174 & 6176. I am beyond excited!

We be deciding between those two hotels too! How funny! I've always wanted to stay at the Poly but I just don't think I can justify spending that much a night. I'm just too thrifty!! I think we've decided to go for a savannah view at AKL. We plan on getting in the Tuesday before the cruise and spending the majority of our time at Epcot (have thought about Beach Club or another Epcot hotel - anyone have any thoughts on those?). When are you getting in?

My personal preference is to stay onsite. Stayed off for two trips and on for the rest and it just seems more magical when you're staying in the middle of it!

I love staying on property too! I can't imagine doing it any other way :)

Hi Everyone! We just booked this cruise while onboard the Dream a few weeks ago! There will be 9 of us altogether sailing. At the time of the cruise we will be Me, DH, DS(14-turning 15 onboard!), DD(6), DD(3) and in the adjoining stateroom - MIL, and her three DD(15, 15, 11). We are in 6174 & 6176. I am beyond excited!

Welcome! How fun to have such a big group going.

I was so excited to see this thread going already! Can't believe how long ya'll have been chatting about this cruise. Thought a year out I was a planner. We just left the Dream this morning. I dug in my heals and refused to leave the ship until hubby booked another cruise. Just teasing! It was our first Disney cruise and we had such a blast. Disney just makes everything easy. My happy child was over-the-moon the entire trip. We participated in the FE and it was so much fun. We loved the treasures each day. Even though this is our second Disney cruise, I'm a huge Disney fan. We live 90 minutes (if hubby drives) from WDW and visit regularly.

Anyone done the Blue Man group?
I like going early May because then we get to see the Flower and Garden show at the Epcot. It is my favorite. :)

Blue Man Group is neat but not sure it's worth adding to an already exciting fun-filled trip. You could easily spend the evening in Universal, IOA, or CityWalk and have just as much fun.

Haven't seen Harry Potter "Land" yet, and DD is a Harry Potter fanatic (me too).

Absolutely amazing! You will have a blast.

Hi everyone! We're on this cruise too... It'll be our honeymoon!!!

Congratulations Maureen! Hoping your wedding planning runs smoothly. Enjoy every moment.

We were on the Fantasy this past September on the Western and had a blast on this ship. We have also sailed on the Dream but Fantasy is set up a little better.

For those that this is your first cruise or first cruise on Disney you will be hooked too.

Can you tell me a little bit more about the differences? We loved Dream but our 3-night was way too short. We're totally hooked!

Hello, we are just off the Dream and signed up for this cruise. We loved the Dream but heard even better things about the Fantasy. It will be me, my DW and DS(3) at the time of the cruise. We look forward to getting to know everyone and participating in the FE.

Guess the Dream has a tendency to turn everyone into a cruising addict. We had the same experience!

I think we've decided to go for a savannah view at AKL. We plan on getting in the Tuesday before the cruise and spending the majority of our time at Epcot (have thought about Beach Club or another Epcot hotel - anyone have any thoughts on those?). When are you getting in?

We always stay on site and are at Disney 4-5 times/year. AKL is wonderful and one of our favorites. You can spend an entire day at the pool gazing at the animals as they stroll by. One of the challenges with AKL is the distance to the other parks. If you have a car, I highly recommend driving to the parks instead of the bus. Parking is free if you are staying at a Disney resort.

Also love Beach Club! We stay here during the marathon weekend in January. Don't miss the "kitchen sink" dessert at Beaches and Cream. BC/YC has the best pool on property.

You may want to consider Swan & Dolphin. Both hotels are beautiful and 1/3 the cost of BC, YC, or Boardwalk. The pool is amazing and the location within walking/boat ride to Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

Good afternoon all. I am just waiting for my info from Dreamsunlimited and I will be booked.

It is myself Kim and DH Mike....no kids coming :) Well our kids aren't kids anymore they are 24 and 21 :goodvibes We have requested a cat 5D so we will see what cabins are available.

My very first cruise ever was East on Magic back in 2005 since then we have cruised 9 other times with "another" cruiseline and while in Nassau on another cruise in April we where docked beside Fantasy and I told DH we have to go back.

I am a Disney-o-holic and go to WDW at least once a year but more often then not twice. We always go for marathon weekend and then usually in Oct.

Look forward to catching up on the posts and chatting with you all

Kim

:tinker:Hi everyone. This will be our 19th Disney Cruise. We just returned last Saturday, May 11, 2013 from the Fantasy and had a terrific time. We will be cruising again on the Fantasy December 14, 2013 with family and friends. The countdown officially started. Would like to join the FE group can you let me know who I need to contact? Thanks.:hourglass

Just wanted to post here as well that we had to bump up our cruise to February due to a family engagement (cousin's wedding). I wanted to cover our basis and make sure we were removed from the FE exchange as well.

Happy cruising!

Hi fellow cruisers:wave2:

Looking forward so much for this cruise, I would love to be a part of the FE, we did it on the Dream and had a blast. DD will be 6 and DS will be 3!!
Are you planning to split the group up if we get too big by any chance?

Hi fellow cruisers:wave2:

Looking forward so much for this cruise, I would love to be a part of the FE, we did it on the Dream and had a blast. DD will be 6 and DS will be 3!!
Are you planning to split the group up if we get too big by any chance?

We will split it into groups if it gets too big :)

:tinker:Hi everyone. This will be our 19th Disney Cruise. We just returned last Saturday, May 11, 2013 from the Fantasy and had a terrific time. We will be cruising again on the Fantasy December 14, 2013 with family and friends. The countdown officially started. Would like to join the FE group can you let me know who I need to contact? Thanks.:hourglass

You can PM me your info and I can add you to the list if you are not on it already. I know we have it going on the Facebook page as well :)

Hello Everyone,

It looks like I will be joining you lovely folks on this cruise! My name is Mike and I will be travelling with my beautiful DW Rachel (cowgirlroy on the boards), we will be celebrating her birthday as well as our one year anniversary. This will be Disney Cruise #4, we have been on the Wonder twice and had the pleasure of sailing on the Fantasy last May, she is a beautiful ship and we can't wait to be sailing on her again.

Hello Everyone,

It looks like I will be joining you lovely folks on this cruise! My name is Mike and I will be travelling with my beautiful DW Rachel (cowgirlroy on the boards), we will be celebrating her birthday as well as our one year anniversary. This will be Disney Cruise #4, we have been on the Wonder twice and had the pleasure of sailing on the Fantasy last May, she is a beautiful ship and we can't wait to be sailing on her again.

Welcome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter