• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 3, 2003 - Magic Eastern Cruisers

Thank you Andy for making us pins, how thoughtful of you!!!

Please let us know how much we owe you, I am sure it is an expense to make 30 plus pins (pins, ink, etc. and most importantly your time).
I know with s&h it is costing you more than $1 per pin so please let us pay you fairly.;)
We can all give our $$ to Rae and she can reimburse you if that's OK with you and Rae? Probably a little easier than getting 30 envelopes of cash or checks in the mail!!!
Thanks again:smooth:

Originally posted by keith & co.
Well, Andy........

How cool are you!?!?!?!:cool: :cool: :D

It is really very sweet of you to do the pins...........

If I made a suggestion that maybe all the women would look nice in pearls could you whip those up too????:rolleyes: ;) :D
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Seriously........ Very nice!! Thank You!!

Oh, be sure and keep one for you and your wife (Honary Winos)..... Open a bottle that evening and know that all us 'Winos" were sticking ourselves with your pins after a few glasses on the magic!!!
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

And.... What would you rather have....... cash..... or..... SHRIMP??

:D :D

Barbara

I have two pins left over for Hazel and myself to wear.

Sorry, I don't do pearls!!! LOL!!!

I just reprinted the pins. I had WINO, as I was packing them up to send out, it hit me, it should have been WINE-O, I left out the "E" how stupid of "ME." They are now finished and ready for shipping first thing in the morning. WHEW!!! Rae knows what a perfectionist I am, they HAD to be RIGHT!!!

I think all of you will like them.

Andy

Thanks Andy for the wino Design! I just hope we can all live up to the name...I know my husband and I will try our BEST!!!:jester:

Hello Everyone,

I have some thank you's to issue. Not in any particular order...

First to Rae for starting this thread and not letting us just sit in the background but constantly encouraging us to come forward. Kudos to Rae!!

Second to Andy an incredibly friendly and energetic person who's company will be sorely missed but artistic talent greatly appreciated.

Third to Matthew & Corina who are already in FLA who have so generously invited us to all share in... drumroll please... "the Walt Suite" I can't even begin to believe that I will be there on Monday sipping wine. (although I have told not only friends and family but anyone who has paused anywhere near me in the last two weeks.)

Which leads me to my thanks to Barb for thinking of or suggesting the wine tasting to begin with.

And Finally...Thanks to everyone else on the May 3rd cruise for participating on this thread, answering questions, asking questions and more importantly Dancing!!!

I'm having a great time and we're not even there yet!!!!

Christine:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Originally posted by flsuperhawk
I just got back from my Birthday Dinner!!! Lots of fun and shrimp...I know Andy and Rae are jealous...Don't worry there will be plenty on the boat Rae...at least for the first day.

I am ready to dance...join me everyone!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Gee Thanks, no shrimp for me??? I'm sitting here at the computer with hunger pangs rumbling in my tummy, and no shrimp to fill that empty cavity!!!

Oh well, that's life!!!

LOL!!!

I'm heading off to bed, it's been a "LONG NIGHT," but I've had fun!!!

Andy

Andy
For you to be as excited as you are and your not even joining us
makes me even more thrilled about our first Cruise:teeth:
Is this crazy, non diliberate run around part of the symptoms to the sickness?:confused:
I am just thrilled that my family and I will be leaving on Friday for the Courtyard Inn near the port. Is anyone one else staying here the night before our magical cruise begins?
Oh Boy, This house is rocking while I dance, dance, dance!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by flsuperhawk
Andy
For you to be as excited as you are and your not even joining us
makes me even more thrilled about our first Cruise:teeth:
Is this crazy, non diliberate run around part of the symptoms to the sickness?:confused:
I am just thrilled that my family and I will be leaving on Friday for the Courtyard Inn near the port. Is anyone one else staying here the night before our magical cruise begins?
Oh Boy, This house is rocking while I dance, dance, dance!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Believe me, if I could of had a few more weeks to work the details out, my DW and I would have been there with you.

Now really, this time, I am going to bed. I just wanted to get the 4 day dance going!!!

Andy

See all of you DISer's on Saturday.

We are leaving CT tomorrow afternoon for the LONG drive to Ft. Pierce FL, with a stop in Virginia on the way. Can't wait to see Mom & Dad (Makaroni5), we haven't seen them since January:(

The kids, Mak (4) and Emma (2), have been hearing about this cruise for so long that I don't think they believe we are ever going to get to the ship. They're like yeah right, you talk about this cruise everyday...are we ever leaving!!!

Well, we are finally leaving......Hooray!
See you in 4 days!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Have a safe ride and know that we will soon be joining you! WooooHooooo- ain't long now is it?!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I wish everyone safe travel since in the next few days we will all be travelling in one way or another.

It will be thrilling to see the ship and so much fun to see you all too- it has been a joy getting to know you all a bit prior to our magical voyage. Putting a name to a face ought to be fun too!
I know I should go to bed- I still have ironing to do - can you believe that?! But it shall have to wait till the morrow- night all.
Oh and Rae- I WILL get my veteran status before I leave here ! I'll just have to come up with a couple more of rambling missives for you all! Maybe something more interesting then ironing next time? lol Thanks for your patience with my jabber- it keeps me sane- or saner perhaps.lol
morrow- sleep sweet.

Thanks Jeanne.
Wishing all a safe and happy journey to Port Canaveral. Can't wait to pull into the port and take our first look at the Magic!
Looking forward to making this cruise 7 days full of memories with my family...and finally meeting all of our fellow DIS'ers.
Safe travels and Bon Voyage!!!:cool:
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth:

Safe driving to all who are going to start their vacation - remember bring some wet weather gear (just to be on the safe side).

And yes, a rainy day on the ship is much better than a sunny, warm day anywhere else!!!

Andy - again, my thanks for your friendship, your support and your generosity - you, my friend, are a man among men!

Rae

The packing process is about to begin. It will be hectic and unorganized, as usual. We will forget things only to remember them the minute we board the ship. Sleep is becoming more difficult because of the ever increasing amount of butterflys reproducing in our stomach's. Wine induced sleep is our only option. Remember, when the going gets weird the weird turn pro. :jester:

????????????????????? on the weather forcasts??????????????

Some of you said you were looking at the weather forcast and it looks like rainy weather. Where did you look this up at??? I'm trying and all I see is up to Monday's weather and it only says scattered showers.

I'm just curious on what we are looking at for the week we are there....thanks :)

Either way, I'm sure it will be a fabulous time.....rain or no rain!

Sorry for the downer....happy dance....smile.....:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

It's official!!! Less than 4 days before we will be at the Port!
I just can't hide my enthusiasm for this great event.
All I know is it must be time to dance!
Now back to packing:smooth:

Just to let everyone know, I was at the post office when the doors opened at 9am. The "WINE-O CRUISE" pins are on their way. The postmaster assured me that they will arrive at Rae's house (in Indiana) on Thursday. So Rae, keep any eye out for them!!!

Bon Voyage,

Andy

Come on Jeanne girl you are only two post away from your DIS Veteran Status.

Oh, my! There's been a flurry of communication while we've been running around with last moment stuff.

Let me second all the thank-you's -- we are SO looking forward to this trip. We'll be up with the sparrows tomorrow morning to drive to Calgary to get Tanner, who is according to his mom, dancing out of his skin. (Side note -- the pixie dust on this trip has spilled over to the point that David's ex is actually driving us to the airport so we can leave our car at her sister's and save a couple hundred dollars. That's the most charitable act I've seen as long as I've been in the picture!:teeth: )

Thanks again to Rae, the Bernards, Andy, Barb and the whole crew for adding so much to the anticipation stage of this trip.

We definitely don't want to see Andy out of pocket for the pins -- so we'll be happy to contribute.

If I have enough wine, you never know about the talent show :)

Now, I MUST get back to work since there is SO MUCH to wrap up!

See some of you at the Radisson pool Friday, and all of you on the ship on Saturday!

Oh my goodness- It is harder by the moment to contain myself! The kids are grinning and youngest DD carolyn actually hugged her big brother this morning before he left for school! I thought I was hallucinating but eldest DD confirmed that she had seen it too! It;s the pixie dust- I know it is!!!!
Friends at work are even giggling with me- we all work hard and they are as happy as I am that I am getting such a spectacular vacation! Well- maybe not AS happy as I am- but they are happy for me!
I am starting to worry that I will not have everything done- but of course I will! Just my compulsive nature to check and recheck and the check again!
I WILL get the ironing done, I won't forget the ziplock bags, I've got the over the door hanger thingie, where's the sunscreen? I got the perfect shoes for my gown, my nail appointment is made, Hubby has emergency contact numbers, I got the wine, snacks for the kids, now where did I put that extra pair of reading glasses? I bought the snorkel equipment and too many cameras and gum and BONINE! Ooooh my head is spinning!
Did I mention that I was going on a cruise????
WOOOOO HOOOOOOO
YIIPPPPEEEEEE
and Thank you God and Aunt Bonnie! (She's in pretty good company there eh?)
Life doesn't get better then this I say!

AND I WILL EARN MY VETERAN STATUS TONIGHT!!!

Originally posted by Jeanne434
Oh my goodness- It is harder by the moment to contain myself! The kids are grinning and youngest DD carolyn actually hugged her big brother this morning before he left for school! I thought I was hallucinating but eldest DD confirmed that she had seen it too! It;s the pixie dust- I know it is!!!!
Friends at work are even giggling with me- we all work hard and they are as happy as I am that I am getting such a spectacular vacation! Well- maybe not AS happy as I am- but they are happy for me!
I am starting to worry that I will not have everything done- but of course I will! Just my compulsive nature to check and recheck and the check again!
I WILL get the ironing done, I won't forget the ziplock bags, I've got the over the door hanger thingie, where's the sunscreen? I got the perfect shoes for my gown, my nail appointment is made, Hubby has emergency contact numbers, I got the wine, snacks for the kids, now where did I put that extra pair of reading glasses? I bought the snorkel equipment and too many cameras and gum and BONINE! Ooooh my head is spinning!
Did I mention that I was going on a cruise????
WOOOOO HOOOOOOO
YIIPPPPEEEEEE
and Thank you God and Aunt Bonnie! (She's in pretty good company there eh?)
Life doesn't get better then this I say!

AND I WILL EARN MY VETERAN STATUS TONIGHT!!!

Jeanne,

You have your DIS Veteran Staus now, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Andy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter