• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 3, 2003 - Magic Eastern Cruisers

Jeanne, you are my kind of wino - give me a big bottle and make it cheap!!!! Sorry folks, I am a cheese gourmet not a wine one!

Yes, you definitely got gypped last night on the posts.

Rae

I can sing backup - not lead. I am not sure if they supply music for us or not.

For the Halloween one, we are planning to do a fun song - maybe she has something in mind that we can get silly with and still win!

I'm all for the winning part!!!

Rae

I'm not sure about the talent show- let me think about it- daughter is a lead singer- not the back up kind of person! I know that it is hard to believe with my shy and retiring personality but she is pretty outgoing!
I will give some thought to some sort of silly song. She and I have been thinking about doing a sign language number together- maybe....To be honest i think she would rather go solo then sing with me!
I was an activities director at a campground for many years and at nursing homes before that. (my dream job is a Julie aboard the Loveboat kind of gig!) Well each year at the campground I would organize and put on a Variety Show with all the kids! It was a massive undertaking but it means that Carolyn and I have a large number of "acts" that we have already done to choose from.
How do you get into the talent show? Are there try outs? Is there one show or one for adults only and one for families? And most important- what do you win?! :teeth: I wonder about the music....I would bring a CD along just in case- better safe then sorry.
so you and I think about it- maybe we'll come up with something. How about your DS? Isn't he interested?

I think the flag thing on leaving is a great idea- a few questions though...
1. Do we know where to stand so that Andy will get the pic?
2. Anyone got access to a Union Jack? Matthew and Corrinna might feel left out since all this was decided after they left for Florida.

Honestly I did forget- I am not trying to gain veteran status cheaply...
I got my hands on a passporter today! How cool is that?! Dearest Sis let me use hers- it is an awesome book!
Hard to believe but I am even more excited now!! I have to go pry it out of DS's hands to read at bedtime!
NOW I GOT TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO READ IT AND

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc DANCE!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi. I posted a thread with this question but thought I would ask here too.
Does anyone know if the Kentucky Derby is likely to be shown in the ESPN lounge (or anywhere else on the ship)? The channels listed for the room do not include NBC, of course the Derby is on NBC!!!
We will tape it at home but it would be nice to see it LIVE if possible.:p
We are opposed to watching TV on a cruise (no Bachelor or Survivor) but this is one of the few exceptions;)

Jeanne434 wrote:
I got my hands on a passporter today! How cool is that?! Dearest Sis let me use hers- it is an awesome book!

Neat! We're so glad you like it! If you have questions while reading it, just ask! We're always happy to clarify or expand. :D

I was thinking about how we said we were taking this cruise to relax, and then KNOWING we would be doing a little bit of work anyway. So you may see us wandering around taking way too many pictures, or walking the decks with our Palm handhelds out. Please don't think we're too weird, and don't think twice about "interrupting" us to say hello. This trip is primarily for relaxation, and maybe we'll just need that friendly face to remind us of what is MOST important... having a good time!

Five more days to go!

Hi, fellow wino cruisers, I haven't posted for awhile. But i have been reading everyones post. I'm glad to see that everyone is as excited as i'm . Can't wait to see everyone at the Raddison, after drill meeting and of course the wine tasting. One of the girls from work gave me a name of a good ohio wine. Just need to find it. The strawberry sounds just wonderful. please bring it. I love fruity drinks. My DH and friends would say that goes with my fruity personility. Oh well, whats life without some fun. See all soon, I will now dance off to bed. good nite and sweet disney dreams. Pam:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jester:

pam251 - welcome back!!!!!

Jeanne - it's happening AGAIN - your posts aren't being numbered properly!!! AGGHH!

If you look at the ship in the picture of Port Canaveral - you will see which side of the ship - I can't remember what it's called (starboard?) Anyway, we plan to be Forward - by the basketball court so we can see what's ahead of us!

I think I mentioned this that often the Coast Guard helicopter will buzz us - it's sooooooo neat when that happens!!!!!! The big party is at the Family Pool in the middle of the ship - if that's where you'd like to be - but fair warning, it's very crowded and noisy!!!

Rae

Hey all you DIS Winos!

I agree with the light and fruity crew..... Never did quite get that whole.... "It is $200 a bottle and there fore must be good..." thing! I was lucky(? UCK?) enough to get to taste what was a really expensive and supposedly 'excellent' wine at one of DH's work functions...... It ended up saving me A LOT of money... I now know I am a simple and fruity kind of girl.... I mean the wine I like... hehehe...

A friend of mine gave me some really good wine advice... If they tell you it is an excellent 'complex' wine... RUN!! She says that is code for expensive viniger!! Usually turns out to be pretty close to the truth!

Sounds like we may just find us a quite corner, or maybe just a whole room to ourselves and just enjoy all our 'Fruity of the Vine'!
Dh is one of those dry, strong red wine drinkers.... Oh well, more of the good stuff for me!! Uh... us! sorry...:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I was just wondering.... Is there some sort of DCL pin like from the wine tasting class we could get?? Maybe some sort of 'WINO" recognition tag we could get on the DIS board when we get back??:rolleyes: I think we deserve some cudos for our dedication to the vinyards of America...:cool:

Well.... off on my last shopping trip... that is before the really last one we will make thurs. morning.... oh ..... and the really really last one we will make right before at the port.... ANYWAY....
Off to get shoe bags, shower bags, cameras and phone cards!!!

Dancin' all the way......
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Barbara

OH... OH....

Forgot (because of the ironing haze..) to tell yall what I saw on one of my cooking shows the other day.....

GOOD TRAVEL TIP......... Take a package of the small disposable cutting sheets to have in the room.... they serve as cutting boards and serving plates..... for all of us who will be cutting up the apples & oranges for our little DDs & DSs..... They are also great for soaking up room spills.

Thought this was a really great idea and wanted to let yall know...

OK, now I am really gone....

SDD All Day!!!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Barbara

Barb - excellent ideas both for the cutting boards and the pins!

Maybe we can get our honorary cruiser (Andy) to come up with something for us - since he is the artistic one!! Andy?

I am still trying to get the last of the packing done - seems like everytime I pick something out, I find something else I like better!
My DH said, "Honey, that's a sign that you have too many clothes!" Truer words were never spoken!!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
pam251 - welcome back!!!!!

Jeanne - it's happening AGAIN - your posts aren't being numbered properly!!! AGGHH!

If you look at the ship in the picture of Port Canaveral - you will see which side of the ship - I can't remember what it's called (starboard?) Anyway, we plan to be Forward - by the basketball court so we can see what's ahead of us!

I think I mentioned this that often the Coast Guard helicopter will buzz us - it's sooooooo neat when that happens!!!!!! The big party is at the Family Pool in the middle of the ship - if that's where you'd like to be - but fair warning, it's very crowded and noisy!!!

Rae

Rae,

Remember this, starboard is the side of your favorite stateroom, port is the other side of the ship. So, the port cam is facing the port side of the ship.

Andy

Well, I think, I ready. Jeanne posted the movies showing on our cruise. Chicago and Sweet home Alabama are showing. I know Dh, won't go. Any one interested in seeing any of them with me.
Pam251

Originally posted by rae519
Barb - excellent ideas both for the cutting boards and the pins!

Maybe we can get our honorary cruiser (Andy) to come up with something for us - since he is the artistic one!! Andy?

I am still trying to get the last of the packing done - seems like everytime I pick something out, I find something else I like better!
My DH said, "Honey, that's a sign that you have too many clothes!" Truer words were never spoken!!

Rae

Andy (that's me) has made a design for your pins and has already printed some off (30 to be exact). If anyone would like to see what they look like send an e-mail to apwalters55@comcast.net and I will send you a photo of the pin. I'm waiting for Rae to get back to me to see if 30 would be enough. I can make more if needed. I can send these priority mail to Rae in the morning (Tuesday), and she can bring them with her on the cruise. No, there are no pictures of shrimp on the design, LOL!!!

Andy

Sounds great Andy! Thanx for adding to our magical vacation! They don't have pics of irons on them do they?

Jeanne434,
You should be over 75 by now, I don't know why your counter is not working. I counted 6 70 posts. Hopefully soon.
Rae you are right it's the first night the rocking is more noticeable. On the March 8th Eastern we were feeling it. It did end about Midnight though, but it did help with the falling asleep. It was such a relaxing time, the sea air, the gentle (haha blow you off your feet breeze on deck) But it was just crossing the gulf stream.

Originally posted by Jeanne434
Sounds great Andy! Thanx for adding to our magical vacation! They don't have pics of irons on them do they?

No irons on them either!!! Jeanne I have your e-mail address, I send you a photo.

Andy

Originally posted by pam251
Well, I think, I ready. Jeanne posted the movies showing on our cruise. Chicago and Sweet home Alabama are showing. I know Dh, won't go. Any one interested in seeing any of them with me.
Pam251

My husband hasn't seen a movie with me in a while... I would love to take in a show,,, as long as you don't mind a breastfed 7 month old tagging along

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter