• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 3, 2003 - Magic Eastern Cruisers

Three Circles

How about "The Pina Colada Song" (if you like pina coladas...etc.)
Too bad they didn't have one about Konch Coolers!!! Because I plan on sipping several fruity drinks by the pool. Ahhh!
Can't Wait!

I second the Jimmy Buffet suggestions, and I'll keep thinking.

Happy Birthday to our "official cruise mascot"!

Originally posted by PeachyK
Three Circles

How about "The Pina Colada Song" (if you like pina coladas...etc.)
Too bad they didn't have one about Konch Coolers!!! Because I plan on sipping several fruity drinks by the pool. Ahhh!
Can't Wait!

I second the Jimmy Buffet suggestions, and I'll keep thinking.

Happy Birthday to our "official cruise mascot"!

Thanks PeachyK!!!

OK. We're only 11 days away from the Magic!

How's everyone doing on preparations and packing? :)

WOOOHOOO!!!

All packed and ready to go! Can't wait to pull up to the ship and finally be on the Magic.

See you soon!!! 11 days and counting:Pinkbounc

:Pinkbounc All ironed and ready for packing. Just waiting til closer to the day to put in the suitcases. Awaiting Emmak and family to arrive on the 1st here in FL. It's so exciting, can't wait.
Yahoooooo - countdown starts tomorrow, 10, 9, 8 and soforth.

We'll be the ones with the huge grins on our faces.:D :D :D :D :D :D :crazy: :teeth: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :sunny:

You are packed!!!! Ohhhh no!!! I've still got my office floor covered with the things I don't want to forget and Michael's clothes - but I haven't picked out any clothes yet for me!

Not going to make this a Naked Cruise -so I'd better get moving!!!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
You are packed!!!! Ohhhh no!!! I've still got my office floor covered with the things I don't want to forget and Michael's clothes - but I haven't picked out any clothes yet for me!

Not going to make this a Naked Cruise -so I'd better get moving!!!

Rae

It's almost the single digit dance for the May 3rd Cruisers!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :jester: :jester: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

I've got everything in my extra room, but I just have to double check my packing list again! I have been so busy at work, trying to stay caught up and getting some extra stuff done before I go, that I have been meeting myself coming and going!! :( :(

Oh well, it's getting to the point now that if it's not done, too bad! Unfortunately, it will be there when I get back!

I just can't wait!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc It doesn't seem real that it is so close!! I'll be on a plane to Orlando in 9 days and 22 hours! Woohoo! See ya'll soon!

Yes, we are really getting down to the number now!!!

I think this is going to be the best cruise ever with everyone in such a festive and excited mood!

Okay, meeting is at Promenade Lounge after the muster - then later on Monday afternoon with the Barnard Family in their suite for the wine tasting party!

Anyone wanting changes on the May 3 list, let me know because on Friday it's going to be the last time I put it on.

Rae

Well, I have been using this handy little program since I returned from our cruise in November and wanted to share it with everyone. Seeing as how popular the board countdown clocks are, a lot of people should enjoy this.

Its actually a small little computer program that acts as a countdown clock on your PC. The clock is divided into two parts, a clock shows the current date and then a countdown section that shows the time left to a particular time and date.

The program is VERY customizable. You can choose different colors, fonts, movements, etc. or have the program randomly rotate through all of the various options.

The light version of the program is free while the regular version does have a fee. The light version never expires and the only difference between the two, that I can see, is that the light version will only let you countdown to one date and the regular version will let you countdown to multiple dates.

Anyway, if you guys want to CONSTANTLY see how little time we have until our MAGICal cruise, you can check out this site http://www.timeleft.info/

Have fun!

Wow- so few days left to go! i am absolutlutely beside myself with excitement- shopping shopping shopping for all that last minute stuff! What fun ! Still got to get the over the door hanger thingie (that sounds like a pricelss tip to me) and disposable cameras for the kiddos. It is just TOOO wonderful!
Anyone got any plans for Saturday after debarking (isn't that what they call it?!) OUr plane doesn't leave until the evening and we are just looking for some ideas. Disney downtown sounds too hectic and commercial and expensive. Any relaxing ideas out there?
I found some very nice name tags today- I will bring them to the wine tasting- help us sort out who is who!
Children are welcome correct? I doubt they will hang around- they aren't big wine drinkers- but I know they would love to see the "Walt"! Besides I want to show them off!
Okay - one more thing- you know...I never enjoyed game shows like The price Is Right- all that screaming and jumping around gets on my nerves- but right now my soul is just about that uncontainable!! I am bubbling over!
I am indeed blessed.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Jeanne434--

We know how you feel! It seems that the excitement builds with every second as we approach the final days of our countdown.

Between the last minute preparations and finishing up end-of-semester schoolwork you would think that I wouldn't have any time to think about the trip. Oh, that is SOOOOO not the case!

As our Honorary Cruiser said...

:bounce: Soon we'll all be doing the Single Digit Dance! :bounce:

You all are going to have a blast. I hope we can get onboard updates, but I will understand if it doesn't happen. Have a great time, and I'm ready to sign up for the 50th Birthday cruise for Andy and Rae.

OK, my fellow cruisers. I've started the serious packing, and there's a lightness of step around this house, but I started to fret a little today over the Crystal Cruises banning of people from Toronto. I like to believe I'm not much of a worrier (and we live a LONG way from Toronto -- probably further than most of you!), but a little niggle is starting to develop.

Our flight routes from Edmonton to Calgary and then thorugh Toronto on the way to Orlando May 2.

And there was a tiny little comment on one of the stories about other cruise lines 'monitoring' the situation in terms of Toronto.

If we have to answer a question about visiting or being in Toronto, I don't want it to be a problem. (Our situation is a little like someone living in Spokane being routed through New York, if NY had an outbreak.)

We're flying on points, and don't have a lot of flexibility. And buying flights, now, would be almost as expensive as our cruise. I'm not sure we'd be willing to do it. In a worst case scenario, *maybe* our travel insurance would cover a re-route through Denver on a partner airline with Air Canada.

I'm trying very hard not to get worked about it, but this is one scenario I had definitely not planned for.

Personally, I think the SARS situation is a little sensationalized right now (and none of the media seem to be mentioning the majority of deaths in Toronto have been of elderly people -- the last was a woman in or near her nineties -- who had pre-existing other conditions).

Caution and awareness are good; over-reacting is not so good.
People are pretty uptight about the disease, and apparently it was other Crystal passengers who expressed concerns about travelling with Torontonians, so who knows what could happen in the next week.

I know, I know...the countdown clock says 10 days, but today is over and when I wake up it will be down to single digits!!! Can you tell I am anxious?!

I also read the post about SARS being a concern in Toronto. Since you are just connecting on a flight I wouldn't worry too much. I also think it is being a bit blown out of proportion. I understand it can be deadly but I have heard of many cases that weren't lethal (not that contacting it would be fun).
Don't let it spoil your excitement!!!!!;)

I"M SO EXCITED>>>>>WE ARE ALMOST THERE!!!!!!!!!

We finaly booked a room for the night before. We are also staying at the Raddison by the port. So any of your other Diser's were planning a meet by the pool count us in.

We are renting a car from the airport and are thinking of checking out Downtown Disney. They have a new toy store we need to check out that wasn't there last May :)

Also I am craving the ice-cream from Ghardelli's (sp)...can't go to Disney without that 1st :Pinkbounc

Also: We don't have a home depot around here so I bought some lime green poster board and cut out a Mickey head from that for our name tags. What do you all put on your's? I put our 1st names in the face part and then our screen name in one ear and then in the other ear either has my ds ages or ours has mom and dad. Would that work??????????????

Greetings and giggles!! I just wanted to let you all know that when we cruise we will be celebrating a couple of important events- DD17 graduates from high school -thats quite an accomplishment! But most importantly- she will be going into the United States Army on June 13!! Thats a big step, for her and for me! Can anyone tell me how to go about letting servers know so that we might have a mini celebration? Should I call DCL directly? I think it would be cool to honor her- especially her most patriotic desicion- made in these scary times. I know you guys can help me get this done! Also when you see her please congratulate her! She is defending all of our freedoms!

PS_ SINGLE DIGIT OR DOUBLE DIGIT_ I AM DANCING!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Jeanne434 - I am very proud that your daughter decided to join the Army. I joined the USAF when I was young and loved it. I'll give her some tips and sage advise!!!!!!

Yes, tell DCL and the servers (Head Server especially) and they will do something very special for her.

We, especially the women veterans, are proud of her!!!!

Single digit for most of us who leave on Friday for the cruise - yes, we can start to celebrate!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter