May 29, 2004---Who is with us?

This is just a wild guess here, Paul, but is the last movie Tron? My dh loved that video game. :rolleyes:

Still in recovery mode here! Sorry that we didn't get to make it to the DIS meet but we ran into Paul and family several times, including the Golden Eagle Catamaran. I was the 'green' person staring at the horizon! :worried: :crazy2:

Lewis, were you on the panel for Who Wants To Be a Mouseketeer? There was a Lewis from Mobile AL on the panel during our show. Who knew Dumbo's hat was yellow?!? Not me! I even found a pin in Mickey Mates with a blue one, just to support my vote. ;)

One tip from us: IF you use BUDGET for your car rental, be forewarned that their shuttle is veeeeeeeeery slow.

Yes, Terry you are correct, Tron is the 12th movie.

Here's the list again. Anyone want to try the bonus question: Which 2 of these movies were released in the same year? Super bonus, what year?

1)Pinocchio
2)Cinderella
3)Fantasia
4)Aladdin
5)Tarzan
6)Bambi
7)Dumbo
8)Pocahontis
9)Hercules
10)Mulan
11)Dinosaur
12)Tron

Betsy,
It's not as cut an dried as the others, but most of it was CGI and animation (according to a couple of sites that I looked at.)

Actually, our server at Flying Fish told us the 12th movie was "Balto." I wasn't so sure of that one, so I looked it up and that was Universal studios.

Paul

That was me on the panel and I did not know the hat was yellow. Only one person on the panel knew that it was yellow. I got a great Who wants to be a Mouseketter panelist pin. It was fun.

I sure do miss that ship.

Lewis...glad that your Crown made it. I had about 1/4 of bottle and it made it fine. Still need to get some 7-up so I can try a crown and 7. Figures you were in the one show we missed.

Dave

Hey Dave,
When are you going to post the pictures of you in the Freddie Fusion show? That was pretty funny!

(And don't tell me that Fran didn't know how to use the camera.)

Paul

Finally we are back home--got in last night...and I have to fly out to Atlanta next Tuesday for some "all manager" meeting...just enough time to wash clothes and unpack shoes.

We had a blast on the trip, and the second vacation afterward at Universal and The World. Dave, thanks for posting the pics (and thanks to Verandah Man for capturing the ship on its way out as as well!!!)

Highlights:

Palo Souffle

Formal night (boy was I glad to get out of that dress, whew!) but all my guys looked great!

Sitting at that bar on the beach in St. Maarten--cheap beer and great company with Fred and Lou Ann well, just Fred because Lou Ann was buying all the tanzanite in St. Maarten! ;)

Third Sea Day at the pool with Dave and Fran--Dave you were ROBBED during that scavenger hunt! ;) Ended up seeing Disney Dreams with Jake because my David needed a big nap after spending all day talking to people in the pool!

Pub night--ROFL--literally. Tenley, you should have hung out with us all week, sister! ;)

Paul--we also got the memory box from Dreams Unlimited--nice touch, I thought.

The surprise on our kid's faces when we pulled into the parking lot at Royal Pacific and they realized the vacation wasn't quite over--thanks everyone for keeping it a secret on the ship. I told them EVERYONE knew but them!

Hi Debbie, welcome back. We stayed at the Royal Pacific last year, post cruise and really enjoyed it. The worst part of these side trips is having to give people money everytime you order some food! :)

All,
Here's a link to a capture from the St. Thomas webcam while we were in port (courtesy of my father-in-law), http://community.webshots.com/photo/94184617/151621589czowat
Also, if you haven't seen it yet, Land-and-Sea is posting pic's from our cruise, too. See this thread if you're interested, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=584220

Hope everyone has a good 1st weekend back. Linda and I will be working to get the yard in shape and doing our annual plantings.

Paul

Whew! What a week! I spent the last 5 days just catching up on what I missed at work while I was gone. I never thought I would be so happy to leave for the weekend - I need some rest!

What a great trip Laura and I had...well, I had. hahaha. I honestly enjoyed the Eastern itinerary much more than the western. St. Thomas was the best! I hated leaving! If any of you happen to go back there, you must stop and eat at The Green House which is downtown in the main shopping area, about 5 minutes from the straw market area. The food was cheap and sooooo good! and drinks were 2 for 1 and were very yummy. We did the 5-star snorkel and had a great time - St. John is so beautiful. In St. Thomas we did the Orient Beach excursion, which I thought was worth the money - it was a pretty good lunch and you get a free drink when you get there. We only had to pay $3 to keep our umbrella for the day. I didn't really do too much on the days at sea because I was really focusing on relaxing, so I spent the majority of my time at Quiet Cove Pool. We did get to go to Palo Brunch - had Beckie as our server and she was FANTASTIC - didn't realize until afterwards that we were sitting two tables away from Fran, Dave, Fran's mom, and their friends. Too funny. I am still dreaming of that Stolin bread...mmmmm....it was just a great trip overall - just wish I hung with you DISers more!!!

Debbie - were your boys absoloutely shocked at their second vacation!!!??? I am still so jealous you guys got to go to the World after! Hope you had a great time and that it didn't wear you out too much. Oh - and by the way - that third day at sea, David was talking to me at the pool!!! hahaha! Glad he did, or else I might not have met all the DISers! Are you guys going to go on the 2-week cruise next August??? C'mon!!! you got to go!!! (I'm sitting here hoping I get to go - I hope work lets me!).

We have to keep this thread alive - I am missing the Magic way too much!
-Tenley

I'm happy to see this thread is still going too!:D

Now that most of us have met face-to-face, it feels as if we REALLY know each other, especially after being on the same cruise for 7 days.

I'm envious of those of you who were able to continue vacation post-cruise. Rob had to be back at work (thank goodness, we still have another vacation planned for later in the summer.) For us, no vacation will top the recent DCL trip we all had! Does anyone care to join us Thanksgiving week 2005? (November 19th Magic.) Thank goodness we have 17 mos. till then (more time to pay). We've also introduced ourselves (yes, they already have a thread too) on the Cruise meets thread. Come join us!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:wave:
Quirky, NY, and Mickeylover.......................
Glad you all made it home safely!
Quirky....wish we'd met up with you earlier.............Friday night was too funny. My sides were hurting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Debbie........don't you wish we were back at the adult pool?

Maybe we could get "Chip" to jump back in the water again! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:lovestruc
Both Daves...............You know we're just kidding!:teeth:

Have a great weekend!
Fran

Ah yes, Chip WAS a bit non-Disney issue, wasn't he Fran? ;)

The kids were really surprised--we stopped at the McDonald's across the street from the DD entrance and they still didn't notice the signs...wasn't until we pulled in at the hotel that it finally struck them that we weren't going home!

I really wish I could do the two week cruise, but I just don't think its in the cards this time around. I don't think we'll plan another cruise at least until the summer--we'll likely be in the World in December and again in early June before our APs run out.

Ahh to be sitting by the adult pool right now-- watching my husband talk to total strangers :rolleyes: --hey, at least they aren't strangers very long--they either figure out a way to extricate themselves from the conversation, or just give in and talk to the guy! Hey, I love him!

I have to admit I have this strange craving for chicken tenders from Plutos--man were they good!

Rob and I made the Dismeets pic (taken on deck 7, embarkation day) into a screensaver.:D

One can tell that we didn't enjoy this trip!:hyper:

I want some Mickeywaffles!!

DH swears by the Eggs Benedict--I want a churro (I know, that's WDW, but I went there afterwards!) A churro, a Mickeybar, Palo souffle, Pluto's Chicken Tenders, and Duck and Goat Cheese Flatbread. MMMMM

Oh yeah--and chilled mango soup!

Paul.....Actually we have no still pictures of Freddy Fusion but Fran did get it on video. I spent way too much time this weekend putting our pictures into a slide show with music and trying to edit our video. I have done the slideshow before but I have never done anything with video. Usually come home take the tape out and put in a drawer, never to be seen again.

Dave

::yes::

But Dave, if you didn't have so much "fun" with your tape, computer and music..................you'd have no where to "toss" around your extra energy!:hyper:
(tchrmom hugs XLT800)
I have a yearning for.................
eating 24/7 and not feeling uilty about it!

I have a yearning for..............................
eating a meal when I'm not even SLIGHTLY hungry!
Fran

Dave,
I know what you mean. I decided to try and do something with the video that we shot on the cruise. That has led me to upgrading my computer so that I can connect and have enough memory to do some editting. Next, I'll have to get more hard drive and a dvd burner! (or maybe just a new toy...I mean computer!)

Pricilla,
It would be great to cruise with you guys again. We have often thought about doing something over Thanksgiving, but, we couldn't pass up the 2 week Panama Canal cruise next August!

Food (you guys are making me hungry!)
Palo sweet pizza, anyone?

Paul

Paul....I have all the digital toys. I bought a new computer just before the cruise and I have all the gigahurtz and ram that a man could ask for along with the built in CD/DVD burner and to top it off I went with the 19 inch flat screen. After the cruise I had to buy new video editing software. Now if I could only make all this stuff work. I might have it done by our next cruise.:confused:

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter