May 27th, 2017 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean

ichabody

Jiminy Crickets! Podcast co-host
We booked this cruise last week! Will be celebrating a graduation and a triumph over some pretty significant trials....really looking forward to it! Just thought I'd create this thread to see who else is going!

We will be sailing with you! It will be our 4th cruise and our 2nd on the Fantasy. I think we are the 2nd cruise after she gets refurbished the beginning of May 2017. Can't wait to hear about the updates!

Wow...didn't know about the refurbishment! We will be sailing on a "new" boat! It's still very early but I thought I'd create the thread to share ideas on port excursions since we've never done a western Caribbean cruise before (or an eastern!). This is our 2nd cruise...first one was on the Wonder to the Mexican Riviera.

No official word on the refurb but I saw it on one of my DCL groups. If you check the schedule the Fantasy has nothing from April 29th-May 20th and her first voyage was March 2012 so she is due! We have never done western cruise either. Have done 2 to Bahamas and also the eastern. We can learn about the port excursions together. Also looking forward to an FE group getting started! Are you sailing with any kids? We will have a 13 yr old girl and 2 boys ages 9 and 11.

Look forward to learning about the port excursions. We are sailing with 3 kids...my daughter, 17 and two boys, 15 and 12...wow, they'll be that old when we sail? So I don't know if we will do the FE thing...thinking they may be too old? We enjoyed doing the FE thing on our last cruise though!

Just booked this cruise this morning - this is a high school graduation celebration trip for us for our youngest daughter who is a Disney and Star Wars fanatic - it will be our 3rd Disney cruise, our first on the Fantasy. My girls will be 20 and 17 (almost 18) when we cruise. Looking forward to it and hoping to join a fish extender group!

Last edited:
Hello there! we are the Reye's family is very excited to go on this trip. It is the first time we travel 7 day cruise , we have previously gone 3 and 4 days on the Disney Dream and we loved it.
We hope to participate in the fish extenders.

Hello! So excited to be sailing on our first Disney cruise. My husband and I will be traveling with our two girls ages 15 and almost 17. My brother and his family will be with us as well. Would love to be part of FE group. Already counting down the days.

Also looking forward to an FE group getting started!

hoping to join a fish extender group!

We hope to participate in the fish extenders.

Would love to be part of FE group.
OK, it seems a number of you are interested in doing a Fish Extender exchange. Just some information I've put together to aid those wishing to start a group:
SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISBoards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a state about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

We just booked this cruise and are looking forward to it already! My husband and I are bringing our two daughters, ages 3 and 5, and this will be our 3rd Disney cruise! We would also love to participate in a FE group, as we had so much fun on our last cruise! I would be willing to organize it if we haven't started a list yet.

Last edited:
We are on deck 6. My brother is coming with us and he has a 5 year old daughter. I said before we would like to be in a FE. We are in two separate cabins. I would organize but I am new to all this so if oboejak you would be willing I am in, just let me know what to do. We have already started working on our FE gifts.

We just booked this cruise and are looking forward to it already! My husband and I are bringing our two daughters, ages 3 and 5, and this will be our 3rd Disney cruise! We would also love to participate in a FE group, as we had so much fun on our last cruise! I would be willing to organize it if we haven't started a list yet.

Okay, so for those of you wanting to participate in a FE gift exchange, I will go ahead and start a list and maintain it. I will need to know the following information:

1. Stateroom #
2. Names and ages of those in cabin
3. Favorite Disney Characters (just for fun!)
4. Any special information (dietary restrictions/food allergies, etc.)
5. Email address for at least one member of party

I will gather the information and start a new group each time we reach 12 staterooms, that way the gifts can be spread around and not become too overwhelming for each family. The cut off to join will be April 23, 2017 with final confirmations from everyone required by May 1st via email. That should give us enough time to prepare before we sail, particularly if some people will be shipping the gifts to the port. The final confirmation will be sent out since plans change and emergencies happen, particularly since we are so far out right now, so please be sure to confirm with me after the April 23, 2017 cut-off, before May 1, 2017.

This is so much fun, and truly meant to bring magic and joy to your trip and others! If you need ideas for gifts, you can ask here, or find ideas on pinterest. Gifts can be as big or small as you would like. Participants can be any age, it is not limited to just kids, or staterooms with children. Adults of any age can participate! Also, if you would like to participate in more than one group of 12 staterooms, please let me know, and I can add you to multiple lists. Most of all, have fun!!

I will try to arrange for a meet-up on the first afternoon right after we board, so that everyone can put some names together with faces, and some of the kids can have a familiar face to seek out in the clubs. More details to follow as we get closer.

I am very excited, and look forward to all the planning leading up to our 7 nights of Disney Fantasy in the Caribbean!!

For those of you that would like to message me your info without posting it on the board, please feel free to do that, but remember
I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Just booked this cruise today! Sailing with my DH, DS 12, and DD who will be turning 7 on embark day:bday:
This is our 3rd Disney cruise, first 7day (only did a 4 and 5 day before) and first on the fantasy! Super excited!

Hey all!! We will joining you :-). This is our 2nd cruise. I am sailing with my 13 year old daughter and my mom. The FE was one of the best part of our trip last time!

Andrew 39
Serena 38
Donald for A Aerial for S

Last edited:
Hi Everybody!

We will be on this cruise, me, DW and two DDs aged 7 and 5 at the time, flying into Orlando the night before from the UK.

It is our third Disney Cruise but the first from Port Canaveral and the first on the Fantasy!

Hello everyone! I am so sorry to say, but we will need someone else to organize the FE group. :-( I have a work conference that came up this week, and will need to move our cruise. I wish you all a very magical cruise, and hopefully we will meet again on another one down the road! There is only one family that messaged me, everyone else is on the main board.

Hi! Anniversary cruise for my MIL and FIL. We have three staterooms with ages from 17 to 3 :-) looking forward to this cruise. Would love to participate in an FE! So fun!

Hi! This will be our first cruise...actually our first vacation ever, haha. It's me, my DH, and our 3 yr old DD. We are huge Disney fans and have been talking about going on a cruise. We are all so excited. It seems like there is so much to do. We will be celebrating our anniversary and DH's birthday. We would love to participate in a FE!

1. Stateroom #6010
2. Allie 29, Cody 29, Cyrena 3 (will be 4 when we go on the cruise)
3. Allie - Mulan, Belle, Tinkerbell, Mickey and Minnie
Cody - Darth Vader, Mickey, Donald Duck, and Goofy
Cyrena - Elsa, Anna, Tinkerbell, Snow White, Belle... all the princesses, haha. And of course, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Donald and Daisy Duck.
4. Any special information (dietary restrictions/food allergies, etc.) NONE
5. allison.demoss@gmail.com

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter