*May 27, 2012 DISNEY DREAM* 5-night Double Dip to Castaway Cay!

WDW Princess 71,
The big day is quickly approaching & we are getting more excited everyday. Airfare & rental car are booked & cruise balance paid. I'm working on getting 10 posts so that I can PM my info for the FE exchange to you. In the meantime, please count us in & I'll send all of the specifics after I make a few more posts.
Thanks!!
Stephanie :cool1:

And one more pretty please favor :lovestruc:

Could someone who is of a higher "status" than this first-timer, please let me know if Palo and Remy are all booked up. DH and I really, really want to do Remy for our 10 year anniversary and I'm worried it'll be filled already. We don't get to book online stuff until March 13th.

I know you can also try to book onboard but my Type-A self likes having everything squared away in advance. :rolleyes1
Just saw where you are from...we are from Martin, TN...we were just in Chattanooga last weekend! My husband and I both work for UT Martin. It is great to know another Tennesseean will be on the cruise!

Will someone please give me a "Fish Extenders for Dummies" rundown? I have a vague idea of what it is but no idea of the how/what/when/who of it. Thanks :goodvibes
The FE group is like a Secret Santa...you basically leave gifts for other participants in their Fish Extender. An actual Fish Extender hangs from the "fish" outside the stateroom. There are some great threads that explain it in depth, provide instructions for making a FE and give ideas on gifts.

Being silver we just paid our cruise off and started booking activities!!! :banana::banana::banana: Anyone else?

And one more pretty please favor :

Could someone who is of a higher "status" than this first-timer, please let me know if Palo and Remy are all booked up. DH and I really, really want to do Remy for our 10 year anniversary and I'm worried it'll be filled already. We don't get to book online stuff until March 13th.

I know you can also try to book onboard but my Type-A self likes having everything squared away in advance.

There were Remy and Palo times available when I checked in this morning!

I know you can also try to book onboard but my Type-A self likes having everything squared away in advance.

When I checked online as a Gold a couple weeks ago, there were no more Palo brunch slots available for a party of 3. However, just for the heck of it I put in for a party of 2, and several slots opened up. I thought that was silly since I was just on the Dream 2 weeks ago as a single and did not even see any tables for 2 in Palo. They sat me both for brunch and dinner at a large round booth that could have fit at least 3, if not 4. All of the tables were also 4-tops. Anyway, I booked the reservation for 2 and just plan on calling there the 1st day to tell them we have 3, I thought this would be easier than wasting time on the 1st day to try to get reservations when I could get something online and just modify it later.

There are still many slots for dinner at Palo and Remy (at least when I checked late last night) but brunch and tea at Palo are sold out.

Getting sooo excited! Our FEs are made and super happy how they turned out. I have also been a magnet making freak. This trip has been a long time coming and I'm glad its fast approaching. It is such a celebration for us and the fact that its less than 90 days away means we have made it through. Husband's almost done with insanely hard grad school, grandpa's cancer-free, I am soon to take my boards for counseling and getting through my own health issues, and so on. Considering this was almost the trip that wasn't (DCL/TA lost our reservations...thats a whole other thread I posted!) I will be all too happy to be kickin back on the beach on CC!
Weeho...lets go!
~amy

Is it too late to get into the FE group? We are too booked on the May 27 Dream. We have done this once before, but it has been a couple of years and I have forgotten how to sign up for an FE group. Help!

Is it too late to get into the FE group? We are too booked on the May 27 Dream. We have done this once before, but it has been a couple of years and I have forgotten how to sign up for an FE group. Help!
No it is not too late. We have not set an official deadline yet, a few people have proposed 6 weeks prior to sail date as a cut off, I think that is good, its far enough out that it gives people to shop/make/buy gifts but not so far out that it excludes late joiners. What do you all think?

For details on the info you need to PM me to sign up for the FE group, please see post #49 on page 4. Thanks!

No it is not too late. We have not set an official deadline yet, a few people have proposed 6 weeks prior to sail date as a cut off, I think that is good, its far enough out that it gives people to shop/make/buy gifts but not so far out that it excludes late joiners. What do you all think?

For details on the info you need to PM me to sign up for the FE group, please see post #49 on page 4. Thanks!

Sounds great!

I concur that 6 weeks out would be a good cutoff time. :goodvibes

Just curious - how many staterooms do we have signed up so far?

I agree the 6-week cut-off is a good one. 13 staterooms is a good number, not too few but not overwhelming. Maybe it will stay in the teens.

Happy Monday!

My DS (11-will be 12 in August) would love to "meet" another boy his age before the cruise! My DD has become pen pals with a girl her age and my son wants to do this also.

I agree the 6-week cut-off is a good one. 13 staterooms is a good number, not too few but not overwhelming. Maybe it will stay in the teens.

Happy Monday!

I agree, 13 (and/or a few more) will be perfect. I admit I got a little nervous reading some past reports of groups with up to 80 staterooms :scared1:.

Anyways I'm so excited for to participate. Less than 3 months to go!:woohoo:

I am also ok with the six week cut off for the FE. Now I'm wondering if I can keep the FE stuff hidden from DS since the trip is going to be a surprise!

6 week cut-off sounds perfect. Have any of you heard which night will be pirate night? I assumed it would be Nassau night but have read other posts that it could possibly be sea night. Bookings for Palo may have to be changed!
Disnemimi (Karen)

FYI everyone--there were a few threads on the main forum discussing conflicting info as to when Pirate Night was on the 5 night cruises. I was getting concerned, so I had my TA look into it. She called DCL and spoke with a supervisor who confirmed that pirate night is WRONG on the dcl website under "my cruise activities" where it shows its on sea day (wednesday). It is actually on Nassau/Tuesday!! Luckily I was able to change my Remy to the correct Pirate Night. There were still a few Palo and plenty of Remy spots available on Tuesday also in case anyone else was planning to skip pirate night for one of those, I figured i'd share here so you can hopefully make the switch in time like I did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter