May 26 2013 4 night Dream to the Bahamas

Hi Everyone! I'm Becca and this is my first time posting (not even sure if I'm putting it in the right place). Our adventure on the Disney Dream in May will be my family's very first cruise. I'll be part of a larger group (including Amanda and Steve who are already on here), with DH Jason, DS Sam (4.5) and DD Lily (2). We're so excited for our first cruise - it will be my DH and kids' first time in Florida! We definitely want to do the FE thing, although we're still working out how it all works - I think I signed up correctly. Can't wait to meet you all in a few months!

The link above is for the updated FE list. If I am missing any information please let me know.

Here are the votes so far for the FE exchange. If I have anything wrong let me know or if I am missing someone's vote also.

The vote so far.
7166- Split- up to 15 in group
10024- Split
8656- Split- 10 in group
8604- Split- 10 to 12 in group
10148- Everyone
7638- Everyone
9618- Everyone

I have never cruised with kids that young, but I can tell you what little I know.

There is a splash area called Nemo's Reef for toddlers on the pool deck. Every time we passed by the kids seemed to be having a lot of fun. On our cruise last year there was also a crawling race called "Jack Jack's Diaper Dash" in the atrium. It was so entertaining that my teenagers wanted to watch it. You might look into that for your cousin's 7 month old.

Another option is to take your kids to the open house at the Oceaneer's Club when they have those. You can stay and play with your children there.

You might also want to bring some small favorite toys from home to entertain her in the stateroom while you're getting dressed for dinners, or even to bring to the dinner meals, which can stretch out to 1 1/2 or 2 hours. I remember those days with little ones and I miss them! :)

Thanks Jdismom.

We can't wait. We want to do everything and nothing all at the same time:) We decided we are going to take it easy and go with the flow since we are travelling with all the kids. We have the backpack already to bring her favorite toys:) I think we ahve to look into that Diaper Dash for a good laugh.
These baby days are flying by and I am doing everything I can to keep them but they wont co-operate, they just keep growing and getting big:)

I'm already working on our family cruise door magnets- Now I need to start working on what to do for the FE - and what kind of FE hanger or is it holder (still learning) I want for our door.

Any ideas????

I was also wondering is anyone meeting up on the cruise just to say hi?

Thanks,

Welcome to the Disboards and our cruise group, beccakoering! You picked a great ship for your first cruise.

mystyfur, as far as fish extenders go, you can really use anything you want that can hang on the fish (or seahorse) outside the stateroom door. On the 2nd page of this thread Stacey posted a link which has pictures of "official" FEs. Some people make their own. I don't sew, so I bought mine on ebay. Most have pockets for each family member.

Last year one of the families in our FE group had a 2 year old who wanted her gifts to be put in a treasure chest. So their FE was a treasure chest they had made hanging on a ribbon outside their door.

I know other people have used tote bags. You just have to watch the dimensions, so they don't interfer with the doorway.

Jaynell

Hi guys,

Just wondering if we decided on either all or split of the rooms. I have some ideas for the FE gifts and I wanted to start working on them princess:

Thanks Jdismom - I already found two FE hangers we have to choose from!!!

We are all excited and can't wait for our first cruise!!!!

I think Stacey is still leaving the voting open for 1 more day about whether to split the group or not. I'm sure we'll find out soon.

And nobody has talked about a meet on the cruise itself yet. I think that is sort of hard to do. We arranged one last year, but it was right before the sail away party, which was held inside due to weather. Those of us who did meet out on the deck were the ones without small kids who didn't mind missing the party.

I do have a green Dis tag (which someone made for us all and handed out at our meet). I will probably wear that on my lanyard so people will know I'm from the Dis boards. I'm going to be with 20 family members all wearing matching red, blue and yellow shirts we had made for the cruise the first day. If any of you sees that group, you can look for me with them. I wouldn't mind meeting other Disers! :)

Jaynell

Hi all! Just finished booking our first cruise and soaking up as much information as I can. We are huge disney fans, DVC members but this is our first cruise of any kind!. DD has no idea we are going on a cruise. She'll find out the morning of the 26th when goofy calls her cell phone if all works as planned. We always try to keep at least one secret each trip -this is a tough one.

Thanks, Stacey! The lists look great. Now I can start getting my gifts together.

Ok I updated the list. I changed it around a little to make the groups as even as I can. Is everyone okay with it?

wanted to say HIIII!!! to all my fellow cruisers! :wave2: DH and I will be on the May 26th cruise!! we can't wait! this will be our 3rd disney cruise - we will be at disney the week before and returning to disney for a couple days after the cruise!!!! anyone know if they do any special fireworks or anything for memorial day?!?

Hi Marla, welcome to our cruise thread! We were on this cruise last year also for Memorial Day and there are no special fireworks or events to celebrate Memorial Day, but there are fireworks on pirate night. I'm not sure what night that will be. Last year it was our Castaway Cay day. This will be our third Disney cruise too and I can't wait! :cool1:

This is my family's first cruise ever. I have 11 year old twins. The fish extenders sound fun. Do I understand correctly that we need to bring a trinket for each participant? How much do most people spend per item?

Hi Buglady! I think you are in my FE exchange group (1). I'm Becca. I'm working on creating a little something personalized... could you let me know what State you live in, your town, and anything special/favorite about where you live? And is there a Cindy in your party, too? She's also in the FE group. You guys are the only two I still haven't figured out locations for!

Thank you so much. I'm getting excited now!!!:)

In case you need gender information

My DGS Arlen is a Guy just
and
DGD Saphira is a girl

Hello Everyone,

I was just reading about this on Pinterest and thought it looked fun. My husband and I are going on our first Disney Cruise on May 26th with our 7.5 year old twin boys. This sounds like a lot of fun, hope we haven't missed out. Promise we would be a good addition! We are on the 7th floor.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter