• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*May 26, 2012 - Mickey's Memorial Day Fantasy*

Name for Cruise Meet

• Mickey's Memorial Day Fantasy

• Caribbean Fantasy Crew

• Disney Fantasy Crew

• Disfans in the Caribbean

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just an FYI - depending on where you disembark, you may or may not be allowed to remove the fruit from the ship........they do have fruit on board (bananas, oranges, etc) but lots of times it cannot enter the country where you are docking.

We've always brought some potato chips as my DH loves them, but there are hardly none on board and the ones you can buy are VERY pricey! But for the rest, there are plenty of things to grab and run with.....we brought snacks for the kids our first time and never even touched them so quit bringing them with us....

Thanks for the info! I did a google search and the information I found says we cannot take fruit into Grand Cayman or Mexico. I will definitely bring granola bars or something instead.

We've always brought some potato chips as my DH loves them, but there are hardly none on board and the ones you can buy are VERY pricey! But for the rest, there are plenty of things to grab and run with.....we brought snacks for the kids our first time and never even touched them so quit bringing them with us....

They had Lays Potato Chips when we were on the Dream last year at one of the Pool Side food places.

They had Lays Potato Chips when we were on the Dream last year at one of the Pool Side food places.

WooWoo - good to know, thanks for the info.....

We searched and searched for chips on last year's Med cruise and did not find them anywhere......but that was the Magic - so hopefully we'll find some on this cruise......

:cool1: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :banana: :dance3: :banana: :banana: :cool1:
Getting SO excited for this cruise! It's coming quickly!!!

:cool1: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :banana: :dance3: :banana: :banana: :cool1:
Getting SO excited for this cruise! It's coming quickly!!!

Usually I am the one that sits down looks at DH and says '23' days or whatever!

Last night I had just got in from work and was in the kitchen. We have a window that looks into the living room and my DH looked at me and said '21 days'. I was so shocked because as I said I have been the one to do that and really wasn't sure he paid attention to me. I just looked at him and said, what did you say? and he said it again and then added. . . 'I am so ready for this vacation'.

So I will add "20 days" until we are at WDW!!! We can't wait and I have oh so much to finish.

:cool1::banana::yay::dance3::cheer2::dance3::yay::banana::cool1:

We were able to book the BBB today online!!! Check it out as it is booking up FAST!!!:cool1:

I was in a meeting at 8am and saw the email come through on my phone. I kept telling myself next break book it... Yeah took me until the next night to remember and Pirate Night was completely sold out. I did get DD booked for the last sea day on the crown package for 4:30. I was happy about that

So we had a wedding to go to in Ft lauderdale last weekend. While I was there, I realized it was only 2 weeks before the Derby and I hadn't booked my flight yet, hadnt shopped for a hat or a dress or anything! I booked my flight ths week, bought a hat tonight, will shop for a dress tomorrow ... But now I'm realizing that by the time I get back from the Derby, I'll only have 18 days before the cruise! I'm starting to get stressed! I'm always a last minute kind of person, but a cruise is different from a week at the beach where I can pick up things that I've forgotten once I get there ... And I don't have to dress for dinner at the beach!

So much to do, so little time. If I don't get my act together, we may be that crazy naked family that y'all see wandering ' round the ship :rotfl:

We are first time cruisers too, but from what I've read, buying packaged snacks on board is pricey. We will be bringing our own candy, granola bars, chips and water. From what I understand everything has to be store-bought in original packaging or you can't bring it on. We plan on bringing an entire suitcase for this stuff, and we'll repack it with souvenirs when we disembark! I'm also hoping we can get fresh fruit on board to throw in our bags for snacks during excursions.
We are also bringing our own adult beverage, but it has to go in our carry on bag when we board.

If you bring an entire suitcase on, you are going to be throwing it away or carting it off! Seriously, it is impossible to go hungry on a cruise ship! If your excursions are particularly long all day type trips, then maybe a few granola bars would be a good idea to tide you over, but I have never packed one bite of food to take with me.

Just my 2 cents. You know your family best.

If you bring an entire suitcase on, you are going to be throwing it away or carting it off! Seriously, it is impossible to go hungry on a cruise ship! If your excursions are particularly long all day type trips, then maybe a few granola bars would be a good idea to tide you over, but I have never packed one bite of food to take with me.

Just my 2 cents. You know your family best.

The suitcase is mainly for a case of water - so we can carry our own on shore excursions. Also, my daughter is hypoglycemic so we will have lots of snacks for the car ride down and we'll bring along some for shore excursions too! Gotta keep that blood sugar steady or we have a cranky, shaky girl! I know on board we will have plenty to eat - looking forward to sampling lots of goodies popcorn::

So John asks last night.. is it possible for me to go to London next month... sure.. when... May 20-25?????:eek: knowing our luck if he did actually do this...I would have to meet him in Orlando on Saturday at the ship. :rolleyes1

So John asks last night.. is it possible for me to go to London next month... sure.. when... May 20-25?????:eek: knowing our luck if he did actually do this...I would have to meet him in Orlando on Saturday at the ship. :rolleyes1

Oh no! Is this for work? Does he have to go? That will be cutting things way close. :eek::eek:

Oh no! Is this for work? Does he have to go? That will be cutting things way close. :eek::eek:

Yes it is for work. Hopefully it will get cancelled. He needs to be in London once a month, but it normally gets delayed for something. keeping my fingers crossed!!! :rotfl: The target day is Thurs of course!!

Dh just likes to stress me out!!!

We had difficulty finding an age appropriate excursion in Cozumel since our youngest is 7 soon to be 8. As a result we booked our excursion with Cozumel Dune Buggy (on our own). Is anyone else doing this excursion? Its comforting to travel w/ fellow passengers when not planning through cruise line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter