• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 26, 2010--5/26/2010 10 Night Mediterranean

I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My flights have not been canceled!!!!! They are going on as planned.

Tammy, that is so good to hear! :cool1:BA has been very accomodating so far on our cancelled flight. We go straight to Paris on Air France now. Just hope DH's return flight goes as planned. We are now flying back from London on BA so no connections to worry about! So excited about doing the repo cruise too!!! This is my first B2B! :goodvibes

Yea! Tammy!!!! My second flight from London to Bcn is a go!:banana::worship::banana:. I feel sooooo much better now. Now I have to book transfers from airport to hotel and from hotel to port. My mom uses a scooter so I think it would be best to reserve ahead of time. I guess I could reserve from port to hotel but better wait to book from hotel to airport until we hear about our flights home.

I know there are some families out there that signed up late and wanted to join the FE's and couldnt.
If you could please email me your names and cabins we will make sure you get stuff in your FEs, at least for the kids. I dont think any kids should be left out even if you come in late. I have a few extra things and I know some people would help make sure you dont get left out.On that note, if anyone has extra goodies and they want the cabin names let me know and we'll get the kids taken care of.

Thanks, Heather

great idea! is the limit on your account or just on the # of euros you take out? AAA was a silly 61 euros for $100!

You are right, 61 is NOT a good excange rate.
Let's say your bank will let you take out $400 per day. So, go to a currency converter online like www.xe.com and find out how many Euros that will be. I just checked and it would be 323 Euros at today's rate. So, go a little lower to compensate for fees and take out 300 Euros at once.
If you tried to take out say 350 Euros the ATM machine won't let you because you would be over your limit. Hope that helps. Jennifer

You are right, 61 is NOT a good excange rate.
Let's say your bank will let you take out $400 per day. So, go to a currency converter online like www.xe.com and find out how many Euros that will be. I just checked and it would be 323 Euros at today's rate. So, go a little lower to compensate for fees and take out 300 Euros at once.
If you tried to take out say 350 Euros the ATM machine won't let you because you would be over your limit. Hope that helps. Jennifer

Got it! Thanks tons! Btw, are you packed yet? Liz

Tammy, that is so good to hear! :cool1:BA has been very accomodating so far on our cancelled flight. We go straight to Paris on Air France now. Just hope DH's return flight goes as planned. We are now flying back from London on BA so no connections to worry about! So excited about doing the repo cruise too!!! This is my first B2B! :goodvibes

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea! Tammy!!!! My second flight from London to Bcn is a go!:banana::worship::banana:. I feel sooooo much better now. Now I have to book transfers from airport to hotel and from hotel to port. My mom uses a scooter so I think it would be best to reserve ahead of time. I guess I could reserve from port to hotel but better wait to book from hotel to airport until we hear about our flights home.

I am bringing my scooter too. Maybe we could have some races.

QUOTE=TammyAlphabet;36667164]I am bringing my scooter too. Maybe we could have some races.[/QUOTE]

Hi, I'm Janet, Debi's mom. What kind of scooter are you bringing? Unfortunately, mine is not small as I am Pooh sized. I was going to rent one in Barcelona but it had 4 wheels and cost $785 for 2 wks. I will either bring my Celebrity X or rent a Rascal which is easier to take apart but not as comfortable (dear neighborhood drugist is only charging me $100). We don't have an accessible room (I can walk short distances) so will be charging it near the aft elevator on deck 6.

I am also a widow since 2004 (43 yrs of marriage) and am so blessed that my daughter and her wonderful family let me tag along with them on vacations.

Last Disney cruise, I was sitting on my scooter when a woman backed into me with her scooter. She asked if it was rented and I replied yes. Well, she replied, you should learn to drive it! I was taken aback so said nothing. My 20/20 hindsight gave me of lots comebacks but they probably would have gone over her head anyway. :lmao:

Janet :moped: :dance3:

Janet, we are soul sisters. We definitely have to get together onthe ship. I too am pooh sized and my scooter is pretty different from most. It is called a travelscoot and weighs less than fifty pounds.great for travel.

I know there are some families out there that signed up late and wanted to join the FE's and couldnt.
If you could please email me your names and cabins we will make sure you get stuff in your FEs, at least for the kids. I dont think any kids should be left out even if you come in late. I have a few extra things and I know some people would help make sure you dont get left out.On that note, if anyone has extra goodies and they want the cabin names let me know and we'll get the kids taken care of.

Thanks, Heather

:cool1: Disney Friends ROCK...I am so excited....i think my boys think I have lost it...but they were excited to see their cool pirate FE hanging on the door this morning(crooked seams and all):) will you send me an email with just a few ideas for FE goodies:) thanks...i'm counting down the days!

Thanks, Heather

Heather - not sure how much extra stuff I will have but once you have a list, send it on and I will be sure to put couple things in the kids FEs.

Karen

Thanks, Heather

Great idea Heather, I've added an impromptu FE group on FB for any last minute participants. Anybody who is interested should check out that posting. Thank you!

we have extra homemade bookmarks and magnets to put in fish extenders. I'll get them to whoever is collecting extras.

Our BA leg from London to Barcelona was cancelled due to strike. Spoke to BA yesterday and I think we are able to change to flying to Barcelona via Frankfort with Lufthansa, but no e-mail confirmation yet so holding my breath. We leave Saturday from Chicago though, volcano willing.

Has anyone gotten seat assignments with their new flights? BA cancelled our Houston to London flight last Thursday and booked us on Air France nonstop to Paris. I did get an email for my new flights (the email wound up in my junk mail). I'm afraid we may all be scattered about on our new flight! And I don't want to call BA and have another almost 2 hour hold time! :scared1:

Janet, we are soul sisters. We definitely have to get together onthe ship. I too am pooh sized and my scooter is pretty different from most. It is called a travelscoot and weighs less than fifty pounds.great for travel.

Absolutely, Tammy.

Your scooter looks great but I'm not sure I could manage with my knees; I cannot keep them in one position for long. :moped:

When do you leave the US? We leave Sun AM, hopefully. We need to keep an eye on the volcano ash. :goodvibes

Has anyone gotten seat assignments with their new flights? BA cancelled our Houston to London flight last Thursday and booked us on Air France nonstop to Paris. I did get an email for my new flights (the email wound up in my junk mail). I'm afraid we may all be scattered about on our new flight! And I don't want to call BA and have another almost 2 hour hold time! :scared1:

Were flying AF and they wouldnt let us pick seats and when I called they said they distribute seats at the airport. I sent them an email saying I was traveling with 2 - 12 years old and wasnt responsible for any damage if they werent seated by me LOL I was emailed back seats together within the hour!

:cool1: Disney Friends ROCK...I am so excited....i think my boys think I have lost it...but they were excited to see their cool pirate FE hanging on the door this morning(crooked seams and all):) will you send me an email with just a few ideas for FE goodies:) thanks...i'm counting down the days!

Im glad you were able to make oneand im sure it looks fine. Ive talked to a few people who will make sure there is stuff put in!

Did you get the info on the PC cruise? Nice that it ends up in your back yard!
We did San Dirgo after the last one but we loved it there so that might be an option again.

DisUnplugged just slammed the quality of food, especially Steaks, on the Magic.. they sait the quality was not good, and food came out cold. They and we, have experienced this several years ago but it had improved... what are you reporting on the Magic Food.

BOAC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter