May 25, 2012 - Magical 8-night cruise - NYC to the Bahamas!

I think we hit this on the FB page...but here is a story for you...on the EBTA in 2005 I personally carried 30+ bottles of wine, 2 liters Amaretto and 2 liters rum on board...no issue.

Last month Michael brought 4 cases of wine on board. just go for it!

Is the party in your cabin then?!! :cool1:

We are packed, and ready to leave tomorrow morning. I'm going to bed very soon (think we are 5 hours ahead of New York time) although whether I'll sleep as I'm so excited I just don't know!

Suitcases are within weight limit for flight JUST - thats assuming my scales are right. I'm hoping the fish extender stuff we get back weighs less/takes up less space than the stuff we give out if that makes sense?

Getting the 9.25 train tomorrow morning and flight leaves Heathrow at 14.00 British time, and gets into New York at 16.50 your time. Will be getting a cab to Times Square, checking in, very quick dinner somewhere then bed, as our bodies will think its the middle of the night by then!

So, won't be on here again. Will see you all in the promenade lounge at 3pm on Friday, I can't wait! Hope everyone has a safe journey.

OK Everyone-
I had to delete myself from the facebook page. My work is giving me a hard time about taking off for the trip. They said I would need to take it without pay, whatever. Forget the fact that the reason we are doing this is to celebrate my 14yr. son surviving 2 brain surgeries this October. So, because they can access my facebook page, I can't have anything on there related to the cruise. Techinally, I know I am not supposed to take a vacation during the school year, but thought if I was honest from the beginning, they would understand and work with me. So if we take pictures, please don't tag me. Unbelieveable!

In about 8 hours the limo will be picking us up (3:30am :scared1: ) and we'll be landing at Newark Airport at around 7:45am tomorrow morning! :sunny:

We're staying at the Marriott right at the airport and I've already requested extra-early check-in, so I have a feeling that we'll be napping tomorrow, because I don't know if I'll be getting any sleep tonight! :goodvibes

I just finished packing, and my carry-on consists of FE gifts and 75 lime green leis. :lmao: Oh, and my medication, too. LOL

Hey, even if I my suitcase gets lost and I have no clothes for the cruise, at least I have the leis and FE gifts. I have to have my priorities, you know! :laughing:

I can't wait to see everyone on board!! Safe travels, everyone!!! :grouphug:

LadyShopper: Have a good flight! See you on the ship on Friday!!

Patti: OMG you've got to be kidding?! Grrr.... that's a shame that they're giving you a hard time. :sad2: Well, try not to worry too much about it; in 2 days you and your family will be on the best cruise ship in the world, and we're going to have a great time! :hug:

drparoo: I've given up heels, too. I bought a pair of practically flat black dressy sandals and I'm wearing them with all of my dresses. ::yes::

All packed cept for a few last things for the carry on. I'm leaving in the a.m. from NJ....NYC bound! Getting my toes done in the city tomorrow and then doing dinner and seeing Evita tomorrow night for my birthday! :banana:

I'll see all you lovely DISers on board. We're doing a 3pm meet right? Promenade lounge is that right?

All packed cept for a few last things for the carry on. I'm leaving in the a.m. from NJ....NYC bound! Getting my toes done in the city tomorrow and then doing dinner and seeing Evita tomorrow night for my birthday! :banana:

I'll see all you lovely DISers on board. We're doing a 3pm meet right? Promenade lounge is that right?

That's correct!!! :thumbsup2

Well we finished our household move this past week and tomorrow we'll be packing and getting ready for Friday boarding. DW is finishing up the FE gifts and last minute details.

We've got unpacked boxes galore in the new house but who cares - we're going on a BOAT! lol

See you all soon :)

Well we finished our household move this past week and tomorrow we'll be packing and getting ready for Friday boarding. DW is finishing up the FE gifts and last minute details.

We've got unpacked boxes galore in the new house but who cares - we're going on a BOAT! lol

See you all soon :)

Glad the move is over!! Enjoy mickey mouse, unpack after! ;)

OK Everyone-
I had to delete myself from the facebook page. My work is giving me a hard time about taking off for the trip. They said I would need to take it without pay, whatever. Forget the fact that the reason we are doing this is to celebrate my 14yr. son surviving 2 brain surgeries this October. So, because they can access my facebook page, I can't have anything on there related to the cruise. Techinally, I know I am not supposed to take a vacation during the school year, but thought if I was honest from the beginning, they would understand and work with me. So if we take pictures, please don't tag me. Unbelieveable!

That is such a shame. I get the idea that you must be a teacher. So, am I. I had to write a special letter to get off from work. Luckily, that let me take it with a little extra push from my principal. Hope it all works out!

HI ALL!!

Can't believe it's finally here!! Packing is almost done & the driver will be picking us up at 10:30 tomorrow! :cloud9:

When it gets this close DH & I are suddenly like those kids in the old Disney ad who can't sleep. Drive's our kids crazy! :hippie:

Be safe in your travels to NYC everyone! See you tomorrow at 3!:thumbsup2

Lisa

Hiya!! :)

I really hope that everyone enjoyed their cruise!!

We sure did ... I must say DCL goes over and beyond in customer service, as always. We had a few mishaps in our room - noise levels, being next to a machine area or something and also a sprinkler problem over our bed on Day 5-6, came back from the show to find a puddle on our mattress! EEEK!:sad2:

We had to sleep in another room .. but all was good - they apologized up and down and gave us a nice gift from Guest Services.

I would have liked to skip WDW and have double days at Castaway, but it was all good ;) :banana:

I don't know what happened to some people on the FE list... :( :(

I guess I was personally expecting more people on the original list, before we left, or maybe I didn't know what to expect.. also figured maybe more would participate! :confused3:confused3

Not to sound ungrateful, believe me I am and so is my 9yo, I think some that signed up should have at least gave a little something ;) since I gave to everyone on the list..

Sorry if this offends anyone, as I'm VERY grateful for those who participated and gave my children a gift ;)

(I'm unsure who gave us the little mason jars with candy ... I didn't see a name.)

THANKS EVERYONE THAT PARTICIPATED IN THE FE PROGRAM!!! :) :hug::woohoo:

Thanks SeaSpray for the green leis!! :hug: and Michael for the lanyards!

On a last note, I really enjoyed our cruise .. enjoyed being with my friend Phyllis and her family...

I had a feeling that Disney would go over and beyond, which they did.

Just to say this outloud, I just wish some people would had/have better control of their children's behavior. They have to realize they are not the only one that exists and they should teach them manners or keep an eye on them! :) I haven't witnessed this type of behavior on other cruise lines - then again, it's littler kids looking to see Mickey!

:dance3::dance3:

Also, for some people on our ship that didn't have children with them or maybe none at home at all, be courteous to children that accidentally kick the back of their chair in a show, as I said ACCIDENTALLY! ;) :3dglasses

If you don't want to be accidentally kicked by a young child - don't do a Disney Cruise! :)

Okay - I've vented ;)

Otherwise, I LOVED MY TIME ON DCL!! :)

We did book another for next year as well! I'm looking forward to keeping the relationships I've made here on this cruise board! :)

Hi all!!

I will be updating later!

I missed you guys the first day :( nana was pretty tired from all the excitement of traveling. We didn't to our room until just before 3 and she needed to keep her feet up for a little bit.

We had an amazing time. AMAZING!!!

Many memories were made.

I'll talk more later. We are on our way home now. :)

The little mason jars with candy was us. Our Mickey stickers with our name on them didn't come in on time prior to leaving for the cruise.

The FE gifts were amazing from all. We delivered all ours on the 2nd day but our son was ecstatic to go back to the cabin daily and see all the wonderful surprises being gifted. Thank you all for your kindness and consideration with your gifts.

I agree with Georgette - WDW was a madhouse of crowds and heat. It was too much for a 3 year old to wait 45min in line for rides, but we made the best of it nonetheless. Castaway Cay was the best stop by far. Nassau was ok.

This being our first eva cruise, DCL was great. The only negative was the continuous upsell of services, drinks, etc. The Spa was downright pushy unfortunately but we wised up quickly.

But none of that was bad enough to stop us from reserving the 5/25/13 Fantasy cruise to Mexico!! woot :) 51 weeks to go!

Hi everyone!!! :wave2:

We got home fairly late last night after waiting for a 5:30pm plane, and then having it delayed by another hour.

Anyway! It was so nice to meet so many of you!! I loved all of the FE gifts. It really was fun to come back to the cabin and find a surprise waiting for us.

We rebooked while onboard but we chose a "dummy date" because we want to sail in 2014 and those cruises aren't out yet.

The little mason jars with candy was us. Our Mickey stickers with our name on them didn't come in on time prior to leaving for the cruise. :thumbsup2

The FE gifts were amazing from all. We delivered all ours on the 2nd day but our son was ecstatic to go back to the cabin daily and see all the wonderful surprises being gifted. Thank you all for your kindness and consideration with your gifts.

I agree with Georgette - WDW was a madhouse of crowds and heat. It was too much for a 3 year old to wait 45min in line for rides, but we made the best of it nonetheless. Castaway Cay was the best stop by far. Nassau was ok.

This being our first eva cruise, DCL was great. The only negative was the continuous upsell of services, drinks, etc. The Spa was downright pushy unfortunately but we wised up quickly.

But none of that was bad enough to stop us from reserving the 5/25/13 Fantasy cruise to Mexico!! woot :) 51 weeks to go!

:thumbsup2 -- Thanks!! Didn't know who they were from!! :) We enjoyed the candy!~ hehehehe

We also booked 5/26/13, but I think i'm moving it or cancelling.. It's very expensive for a 4n to the Bahamas... My husband would prefer not going to go Mexico so that wasn't a consideration for us!

I think I'm going to look into NYC ports again and leave from home...

Hi everyone!!! :wave2:

We got home fairly late last night after waiting for a 5:30pm plane, and then having it delayed by another hour.

Anyway! It was so nice to meet so many of you!! I loved all of the FE gifts. It really was fun to come back to the cabin and find a surprise waiting for us.

We rebooked while onboard but we chose a "dummy date" because we want to sail in 2014 and those cruises aren't out yet.
:cool1:

I can't wait to listen to the CD that justinsmommy handed out --
sorry that MassLovers didn't join us -- was wondering where her FE was! :confused3:rotfl:

I'm tired today lol... we are heading to the beach cabana for the day - to start painting and getting ready for summer. :cloud9:
It's strange being home! :lmao: Where is my wait staff? LOL

I actually have to diet now...

Thanks again to all that gave FE's!! I can't wait to really go thru the bags and look at everything again ...

I hear everyone, we had a graduation party our night back, and I told the kids, if you want food you'll go, cause I ain't cooking! No, Andrae here! I am bringing the cd's into school, can't wait to play them, the candy's all gone:confused3:confused3,, I hope everyone liked the candles, bandanas, beach balls and cards! I LOVED doing the fish extender. We also booked a dummy transatlantic cruise. I had so much fun getting to know everyone, that the cruise actually started a year ago on these boards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter