May 25, 2012 - Magical 8-night cruise - NYC to the Bahamas!

Cathy and I are almost packed - we have all our clothing on hangers -I will put them in the suitcase on Thursday afternoon - otherwise we are all done...WOO HOO!!!

I can't say how thrilling it is to just put what ever I want in the suitcase without worry about weight or space...a first for me!!!

I have done 32 day trips in one checked bag...and laundry mid trip...this is a joy!

See you all on Friday!!!

The following people - please PM me if I don't get to you first!

LongIslandMickey

Ge0rgette2

LauraEadon

Ladyshopper

Pattiteach

St8y

Ramen_Anime_Bass

SeaSpray

CapeCod

Cayla, I just sent a Paypal payment for my family (SeaSpray, Ramen_Anime_Bass, and CapeCAD). Thanks :)

I have started getting things layed out and organized.....luckily we have a spare bedroom where I put things as I think of them. Have to finish up all the laundry, get my docs in order, organize my DCL dooney & burke, etc.

So exicted as this is the first time I don't have to fly to get to a DCL ship.....just a 30 minute drive to the port...yeah!!!

Happy packing everyone!!!

MJ

:sunny: Meet & Greet Reminder :sunny:

Don't forget to drop in to the Promenage Lounge on Deck 3 at 3pm on Friday!!!! Let's put faces to the DIS names!! :woohoo: :banana: :yay:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Also, at that time I will be handing out lime green leis to those who requested them. :sunny:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cayla, I sent the payment to Michael for my group too. Thanks again to both of you. :)

Cayla, I sent the payment to Michael for my group too. Thanks again to both of you. :)

Cayla- I just sent it from me and Nicole.

Patti

Cayla, I just sent a Paypal payment for my family (SeaSpray, Ramen_Anime_Bass, and CapeCAD). Thanks :)

thank you one and all (for Michael)

I would just like to clarify something in response to a PM I received. We are NOT selling these lanyards. They are a free gift to any who sign up. The contribution we are asking for is just that...a voluntary contribution to say you are part of the lanyard support team.

This has been the practice for many cruises and done by many people. I do not want anyone to feel that we are trying to extort and coerce anyone. The lanyard originator (in this case Michael) usually takes a bath in the costs. There are minimum number of lanyards to purchase, and the cost of printing all the name tags as well as a set up charge for a custom lanyard to consider.

If my syntax has led to any confusion regarding this, my apologies - this is all meant to be a fun process and to provide each of us with a cute and useful way to remember the cruise.

I am sure that the moderators would have sent me a message if they felt I was trying to sell something (against the rules of the Dis!) on these boards, I have not received any such notice or PM...so please understand Michael chose to take on the lanyard production knowing that he was going to spend the money. He enjoys seeing other people have fun with what he gives away. So please - thank him, wear the lanyard and have a great cruise!!!!

Cayla

If we miss you at the Meet N Greet - we are always deck 10 Starboard at sailaway - our tradition!!

See you onboard!

Cayla, I think you've been pretty clear that the lanyards were free, and anyone who wanted to donate something, could. Since I had said that I would make a contribution I wanted to make sure that I did so, and I didn't mean to use the word "payment" since it really was a donation.

I didn't realize that I posted twice this morning about it. :upsidedow

Mornin' all ;)

Finishing up packing for myself today - going thru the boys things and taking things out - I have tooooo much for them ...

Dumb alcohol question .... Can be left with the rest of our luggage or has to be a carry on? will a small rolled luggage work? How much can you bring on.. is there a max? Thanks :)

Mornin' all ;)

Finishing up packing for myself today - going thru the boys things and taking things out - I have tooooo much for them ...

Dumb alcohol question .... Can be left with the rest of our luggage or has to be a carry on? will a small rolled luggage work? How much can you bring on.. is there a max? Thanks :)

Alcohol has to be carried on. Small rolled luggage will work. You can bring on whatever can fit through the Xray screening machine and whatever you're willing to tote with you until you can get to your room.

Mornin' all ;)

I think we hit this on the FB page...but here is a story for you...on the EBTA in 2005 I personally carried 30+ bottles of wine, 2 liters Amaretto and 2 liters rum on board...no issue.

Last month Michael brought 4 cases of wine on board. just go for it!

Some exciting news! Sailing out of New York will be extra festive due to the celebration of Fleet Week in and around the city over Memorial Day weekend. My husband saw some tall ships pulling into port yesterday! Here's what the WSJ says:

NEW YORK — Naval vessels ranging from a U.S. amphibious assault ship to a Finnish minelayer are participating in New York City's Fleet Week.

The organization Operation Sail says 17 tall ships from around the world also will be in the city. The large vessels are rigged with traditional sails.

Military flyovers also are part of the festivities.

This year's event marks the bicentennial of the War of 1812.

Military ships from Japan, Canada, Finland and the United Kingdom will be docked around the city.

The U.S. Navy's lineup includes guided-missile destroyers and the multipurpose amphibious assault ship USS Wasp.

Another highlight is the Eagle. The three-masted barque was built in 1936 as a German training ship. It's now used to train cadets at the Coast Guard Academy in Connecticut.

I read on another site that the Eagle will be docked at Pier 90. That can't be too far from where the Magic is docked?!

And the weather's looking pretty good! I can't wait!

Susan

The Magic is next to the Intrepid...I think it is either pier 86 or 89

Just got back from my nail appt. My fingers and toes are ready to cruise! LOL

Hey, I checked out what UTC time is, and the 14:00UTC arrival time for the Magic is 9am eastern time Friday morning! :sunny:

I have to put the finishing touches on packing; we're being picked up at 3:30am tonight/tomorrow to fly to Newark!

Is it time to head to the city yet???? :confused3 How about now??????:yay:

NOW?????:yay::yay::yay:

3 out of 5 packed and the FE items are packed! So excited! Now I just need my husband and I to pack!

Woot Woot! :banana:

Yankee trails just called and changed our bus from 7 am to 9 am.
Should I call the cruise line and tell them we won't be checking in at the 12:30 time we signed up for? Or won't it matter?

1/2 way done with packing - I think we are going to skip the formal nights. We have 3 large suitcases, one small and 2 carry-ons. Formalwear & more shoes are not going to make the cut. Anyone else NOT going formal?

Yankee trails just called and changed our bus from 7 am to 9 am.
Should I call the cruise line and tell them we won't be checking in at the 12:30 time we signed up for? Or won't it matter?

I would not change your time. I'd just get there when you get there!

1/2 way done with packing - I think we are going to skip the formal nights. We have 3 large suitcases, one small and 2 carry-ons. Formalwear & more shoes are not going to make the cut. Anyone else NOT going formal?

You know what I've given up this time around? Heels. I've got flat sandals to wear with everything this time, even a long skirt I'm wearing with one of my summer tops for formal. I'm tired of hobbling up and down stairs on a swaying boat in heels. Especially after afternoon cocktails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter