May 25, 2012 - Magical 8-night cruise - NYC to the Bahamas!

Caitlin has been added! :) Sorry, I don't know how she was left off. :confused

Unsure why either ... she WAS there originally, I think LOL :) I know she was on the FE list from the beginning.. Oh well, lmao, she's back!! :)

2 stone, wohooooo.. that's great! I wish I could say that!

I haven't started yet, but I better get with it!!
They'll have to roll my onboard lmao! :)

I haven't bought anything yet, the rest of the family is good to go.
I hate shopping for myself... doesn't help I want to lose weight before hand :)

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping to hit the 2 stone barrier when I weigh in on Friday but we'll see, as the last 3 weeks I've only lost 2lb a week.

I still have another 4 stone to lose to get down to my ideal weight, but I doubt thats going to happen (and certainly not before the cruise!). Will just keep plodding along, have never managed to do this food replacement diet for this long before, so am quite amazed at myself.

Which one are you doing?

I tried it once, I can't commit to it by any means...
I did the Dukan Diet and did well..

I'm in the process of reading the 17 day diet, which is simliar to the Dukan Diet.. It's hard to give up carbs!!! :)
Having the kids off this week is horrible.. running here and there, eating on the run...

Which one are you doing?

Having the kids off this week is horrible.. running here and there, eating on the run...

Ditto this! having the kids off this week is hard on the eating and exercising. I was down 10 pounds, but I swear by the end of this week, I'll be back up 3-5 between pizza, mcdonalds, and all the other crap we are consuming on the run!

Plus with 3 kids at home, I'm not going to the gym. Diet modification never does it for me, I need the exercise!

Thank you, Sea Spray, for taking on the Meet & Greet! We're looking forward to meeting everyone and making new friends onboard. :dance3:

Good luck on the diets everyone (Georgette, I'm sending positive vibes!). I have a few pounds to lose myself.

The last Pirates of the Caribbean (On Stranger Tides?). premiered when we were onboard for the TransAtlantic Crossing. That was alot of fun! Does anyone know if we're timing it right for a Disney movie premier at sea?

Susan

I was looking at the release dates the other day wondering what was coming out around Memorial Day and I don't think we'll have a PremEar at Sea. The only Disney/Pixar movies I found would be The Avengers (May 4) and then Brave later in the summer. At least maybe we'll get to see The Avengers while we're on the boat.

Hey guys, I have some questions for those of you who have done online reservations and check-in before!

This will be our third Disney cruise, but it's the first one where they've had their web site set up to book things online. :surfweb:

Tomorrow night at midnight is when I can log in and book Palo, excursions, etc. I hate to say this, but I'm starting to get nervous about it. :eek: I think it's because I really want to make sure to get Palo reservations for the 4 of us because DS20 has been waiting 6 years to get to dine there, and we'll have his DGF with us. So, I don't want to mess it up! :guilty:

Can those of you who've done this before give me a step-by-step guide to doing this? I mean, should I log in on the DCL web site before midnight so that I'm ready to book at the stroke of 12?? lol Or, do you need to log in right at midnight so that the site knows that you've logged in on the correct date? Then, once I'm logged in, I should log in to my reservation, right? Then where do I go on the site to book??? Ack!

Thanks in advance!!!!

P.S. I am paid in full, and in fact a "refund" of a few $$ has shown up on our bank account.

:O) I wish Disney would refund me! hehehehe

I was thinking of peeking and seeing how much our room is today..

I haven't made final payment yet, i'm waiting to the last minute, don't matter for us about excursions as we can't do it till the same day final pay is due.

I'm keeping my money in the bank! hehehe

;)

Happy Thursday all!

We are off today to see seals ( well hopefully!!) .. Girl Scout adventure! :)

Hey guys, I have some questions for those of you who have done online reservations and check-in before!

This will be our third Disney cruise, but it's the first one where they've had their web site set up to book things online. :surfweb:

Tomorrow night at midnight is when I can log in and book Palo, excursions, etc. I hate to say this, but I'm starting to get nervous about it. :eek: I think it's because I really want to make sure to get Palo reservations for the 4 of us because DS20 has been waiting 6 years to get to dine there, and we'll have his DGF with us. So, I don't want to mess it up! :guilty:

Can those of you who've done this before give me a step-by-step guide to doing this? I mean, should I log in on the DCL web site before midnight so that I'm ready to book at the stroke of 12?? lol Or, do you need to log in right at midnight so that the site knows that you've logged in on the correct date? Then, once I'm logged in, I should log in to my reservation, right? Then where do I go on the site to book??? Ack!

Thanks in advance!!!!

P.S. I am paid in full, and in fact a "refund" of a few $$ has shown up on our bank account.

Sorry - I didn't see this post in time. How did it go? Pretty easy, hmm?

My window also opens at midnight tonight. I'm hoping to get the nursery that I need for my daughter. Fingers crossed for both of us!

:thumbsup2

I did my online booking tonight as well. I didn't get a Castaway Cay cabana which I did have my heart set on. So I will be stalking the booking page. LOL. everything else went well. This is how I feel :surfweb:

Tons of nursery time left! So excited to get what I needed! :cool1:

Seaspray...how did you do? :confused3

YAY I'm so glad that you got what you wanted!!! :yay: :banana: :woohoo:

I made out GREAT! I the exact days/times for Palo dinner, brunch, and tea that we wanted! I was able to make the reservation for all 4 of us!!! :woohoo:

There were NO cabanas available at all, at either beach. Oh well, that's $400-500 saved right there. :laughing:

I was able to book my DS and his DGF on the 7:15am bus to the Magic Kingdom, and DH and I will be on the 8:15am bus. :cool2:

I didn't book anything yet for Nassau because we're still not sure what we want to do that day. We're really thinking of just getting off the ship and exploring the immediate area around the port, and then getting back on the ship. If we do decide to do an excursion, it'll be either the Blue Lagoon Beach Day or the Ardastra Gardens & City Tour. I don't think there's a big rush to book either of those.

Oh, I did "book" tube/float rentals for the 4 of us for Castaway Cay. :laughing:

I am SOOOO relieved to know that we got Palo dinner. That's the ONE thing, out of everything, that all of us are looking forward to the most, other than the overall cruise itself. LOL

Tomorrow morning I'll do the online check-in. That's not available for another couple of hours and I can't stay up that late because I have an 8am nail appt. :upsidedow

I did my online booking tonight as well. I didn't get a Castaway Cay cabana which I did have my heart set on. So I will be stalking the booking page. LOL. everything else went well. This is how I feel :surfweb:

I'm glad that you got everything else that you wanted!! :) I was hoping that there'd be a cabana available, too, but I don't think that I'm going to keep checking for it because we've always enjoyed our time on Castaway Cay before the cabanas were even built. But with my arthritis and other health problems, it would've been nice to have. I hope that one opens up for you!! :sunny:

Good to hear it worked for all of us, aside from the cabana's being gone.

I was surprised at how much availability for everything there seemed to be. I guess its because it is such a long cruise. When we sailed the dream 4 night, there was hardly anything and everyone I had spoken to before hand said they needed to do it all once on board!

We also booked Palo Tea. We did the brunch during our 4 night, so we figured we would try the tea this time.

I already need a nap!

Hi guys!

I forgot to book our WDW transportation at midnight and woke up this morning in a cold sweat, worried that we wouldn't get the departure time we wanted! Luckily, the 7:15 was still available.

The next thing that I want to book is Palo dinner and brunch - but I can't figure out which night because we don't want to miss formal or pirate night. SeaSpray had some thoughts on that in an earlier post - would like to hear more words of wisdom on that! We've only done two cruises. First one was E.Caribbean and formal night was later in the week. Our second cruise was Transatlantic, so we can't compare that. Like when do you guys think Pirate Night will be? Probably when we leave Nassau or CC. Obviously, the day we're in Port Canaveral & WDW is out. The last night is out because I spend that evening packing. With this being the first NYC - Bahamas cruise, we have no past itineraries to go from.

Can you guys chime in with your thoughts? maybe someone has talked to a DCL castmember and uncovered more info than they give us on the website?

Cheers!
Susan

Hi guys!

I forgot to book our WDW transportation at midnight and woke up this morning in a cold sweat, worried that we wouldn't get the departure time we wanted! Luckily, the 7:15 was still available.

The next thing that I want to book is Palo dinner and brunch - but I can't figure out which night because we don't want to miss formal or pirate night. SeaSpray had some thoughts on that in an earlier post - would like to hear more words of wisdom on that! We've only done two cruises. First one was E.Caribbean and formal night was later in the week. Our second cruise was Transatlantic, so we can't compare that. Like when do you guys think Pirate Night will be? Probably when we leave Nassau or CC. Obviously, the day we're in Port Canaveral & WDW is out. The last night is out because I spend that evening packing. With this being the first NYC - Bahamas cruise, we have no past itineraries to go from.

Can you guys chime in with your thoughts? maybe someone has talked to a DCL castmember and uncovered more info than they give us on the website?

Cheers!
Susan

Hi Susan :)

Pirate Night is definitely on our Nassau day. It says so on the calendar when you log in to view your cruise activities. :)

We didn't want to miss formal night either, so I booked Palo for the night of our Castaway Cay day. The reason I chose that day is because we have to be back on the ship before 4:30pm anyway, and also because I don't think they'd have formal or even semi-formal night on that day. We have 4 sea days; those are typically when they have formal and semi-formal nights. :)

I booked Palo brunch on our second sea day (which also happens to be my birthday. lol), and then I booked Palo tea on our third sea day. SO basically we'll be in Palo every other day on this cruise. :banana:

I agree with the formal nights being on sea days. Pirate night is Nassau night, and on the port canaveral night they wouldn't do a formal night because too many people will be off the boat.

:)

Great to hear that everyone got what they really wanted! I guess no cabana = more DOTD's and more Bingo! I booked the 6:15 shuttle to do the extra hour at Hollywood Studios! I am not sure it was such a :idea:! We shall see! I have check-in from 11-11:30 which is great!

So excited! I just made a prototype of 2 of the things that I'm using for my fish exchange items and they came out! Woohoo! Now I just need to put all of them together, at least we still have time!

:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter