May 25, 2012 - Magical 8-night cruise - NYC to the Bahamas!

Yup, me2, I'm on a fish extender mission now!! :)

My Mom and I already made hers, she sew'd hers, I'm gonna hem and tape I think :)

Anyways, I hope all has a great New Years!! Be safe and healthy!

Can't believe it'll be 2012 - how time sure does fly by.. before I know it I'll have to come up with the rest of my final payment! :rotfl2:

I also have to diet! LOL :eek::woohoo:

I also lost my link to the FB page, but have Patti on my friends list ... Can you re-add me?

Enjoy all :)

Georgette

PS - We are also thinking of Disney over Christmas again this year, we went 2 years ago and LOVED IT!! :) No drama! hehehe Well, the prices are outrageous! I'll have to keep watch.

Okay --- Have a quick question as I work on my FE and my FE gifts...

Since i've never done it before, please forgive my ignorance....

Do we give an item per cabin .. or item per person in the cabin, age appropriate of course and how many times, 1x per week or every night?

Thanks!!!

HNY~~~ popcorn::

Hi Everyone,

My name is Caryn and myself, my husband and 3 kids will be joining in! I have twin sons that are 6 and daughter that will be 2 when we sail. We are looking forward to it! It's our second disney cruise. We've never done Fish Extenders before, but would love to join in.

Caryn:cool1:

Okay --- Have a quick question as I work on my FE and my FE gifts...

Since i've never done it before, please forgive my ignorance....

Do we give an item per cabin .. or item per person in the cabin, age appropriate of course and how many times, 1x per week or every night?

Thanks!!!

HNY~~~ popcorn::

The last cruise I did, people did both - some chose to give a cabin gift, and some gave to everyone in the cabin. I gave to everyone, and will be doing the same this time. It was just once per cruise, otherwise you would end up spending a fortune!!

Must try and bring some chocolate from England, as I hate to see it but your American chocolate just doesn't compare!!

Happy New Year to all - can finally say I'm going on a cruise this year!!

Yes, we can say WE ARE CRUISING THIS YEAR!!!!! :cool1:

Happy New Year as well..

I was just asking about FE gifts, because I've been buying/making things, want to make sure I have enough - List hasn't seemed to moved - hopefully it'll pick up. I've seen lists that were huge!! :wizard:

We are just chillin' out today - hubbie is working the night shift.
I am fighting some type of cold AGAIN... have had it for 3 weeks at least, now I think it's sinus'.. One side of my head is killing me.

Time to take down the Christmas tree and items around the house.

My hub is from Ireland and says the same about the chocolate ;)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Caryn and myself, my husband and 3 kids will be joining in! I have twin sons that are 6 and daughter that will be 2 when we sail. We are looking forward to it! It's our second disney cruise. We've never done Fish Extenders before, but would love to join in.

Caryn:cool1:

Welcome aboard, Caryn!! :welcome:

I will add you and your family to the list of cruisers in Post #1 of this thread. :surfweb:

The last cruise I did, people did both - some chose to give a cabin gift, and some gave to everyone in the cabin. I gave to everyone, and will be doing the same this time. It was just once per cruise, otherwise you would end up spending a fortune!!

Must try and bring some chocolate from England, as I hate to see it but your American chocolate just doesn't compare!!

Happy New Year to all - can finally say I'm going on a cruise this year!!

I just sent you a Private Message, regarding the Facebook page. :)

Yes, we can say WE ARE CRUISING THIS YEAR!!!!! :cool1:

Happy New Year as well..

I was just asking about FE gifts, because I've been buying/making things, want to make sure I have enough - List hasn't seemed to moved - hopefully it'll pick up. I've seen lists that were huge!! :wizard:

We are just chillin' out today - hubbie is working the night shift.
I am fighting some type of cold AGAIN... have had it for 3 weeks at least, now I think it's sinus'.. One side of my head is killing me.

Time to take down the Christmas tree and items around the house.

My hub is from Ireland and says the same about the chocolate ;)

I need to get going on the FE gifts. DH is off from work until Tuesday, so we're just hanging out today. Just got a phone call from my older DS; he'll be here this afternoon and staying for a day or two. :) DS20 Robb has work later today.

I hope your cold is better soon, Georgette.

P.S. Did I mention that I was laid off from my job last Friday?? :surfweb: I knew it was coming because the company was forced into bankruptcy, but it's strange knowing that it's final.

Thanks so much for the welcome. We are super excited. We've only been on the Dream before, so I'm interested to compare the two ships. I just hope that my kids weren't spoiled with the bells and whistles on the Dream. I'm also on facebook and was wondering how to join that group as well as sign up for the FE.

:yay:
Caryn

Thanks so much for the welcome. We are super excited. We've only been on the Dream before, so I'm interested to compare the two ships. I just hope that my kids weren't spoiled with the bells and whistles on the Dream. I'm also on facebook and was wondering how to join that group as well as sign up for the FE.

:yay:
Caryn

Padalyn will add you to the FE list --- as for facebook, befriend pattiteach and seaspray and one of them can add you. You can add me too if you'd like, georgette carter - picture of a family of 4 in christmas hats!~ hehe

Speak soon! :)

Once again, welcome aboard

Hi guys!
It's the first day of 2012 and I've spent the whole morning reading the thread (pgs 1-20) and now that I'm up to speed, I wanted to introduce myself and my family. We live in central Jersey, just outside of Princeton. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We can't wait to get back on the ship!

Susan (MermaidMama)
Sam - DH
Sophia - DD (9)
Sydney - DD (6 almost 7)

Yes! We love doing fish extenders and will definitely participate in that. On our last cruise, they broke the FE's into groups. Ours had 40 people (don't recall how many cabins).

Our girls really enjoy the Oceaneer Lab and sometimes the Oceaneer Club (when they need a princess fix!) Consequently, Hubby and I enjoy a decent amount of alone time and relaxation onboard! We take the late seating at dinner, and our princesses like being whisked away to the Oceaneer Lab after they've finished their mac & cheese. The dinnertime pick-up is one of the best benefits offered on DCL. The children are entertained and the parents enjoy a peaceful entree, a glass of wine, dessert . . . . maybe a quick stop at Sessions before picking up the kids!

We're geeked about the day at Disney World. Not sure what we're doing, but I'm sure that most of it will be spent in Magic Kingdom. It's been a few years since we were there - cruising gets in the way! We hope to take the kids snorkeling while in Nassau.

Happy New Year everyone!

Susan/MermaidMama

Hi guys!
It's the first day of 2012 and I've spent the whole morning reading the thread (pgs 1-20) and now that I'm up to speed, I wanted to introduce myself and my family. We live in central Jersey, just outside of Princeton. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We can't wait to get back on the ship!

Susan (MermaidMama)
Sam - DH
Sophia - DD (9)
Sydney - DD (6 almost 7)

Yes! We love doing fish extenders and will definitely participate in that. On our last cruise, they broke the FE's into groups. Ours had 40 people (don't recall how many cabins).

Our girls really enjoy the Oceaneer Lab and sometimes the Oceaneer Club (when they need a princess fix!) Consequently, Hubby and I enjoy a decent amount of alone time and relaxation onboard! We take the late seating at dinner, and our princesses like being whisked away to the Oceaneer Lab after they've finished their mac & cheese. The dinnertime pick-up is one of the best benefits offered on DCL. The children are entertained and the parents enjoy a peaceful entree, a glass of wine, dessert . . . . maybe a quick stop at Sessions before picking up the kids!

We're geeked about the day at Disney World. Not sure what we're doing, but I'm sure that most of it will be spent in Magic Kingdom. It's been a few years since we were there - cruising gets in the way! We hope to take the kids snorkeling while in Nassau.

Happy New Year everyone!

Susan/MermaidMama

Hi Susan, welcome aboard! :welcome: :sunny:

I will add you and your family to the list of cruisers in the first post.

We're very happy with the day at WDW, too! It's kind of like the whipped cream on an ice cream sundae. DH and I plan to spend most, if not all, of the day at the Magic Kingdom. We have dinner plans at 'Ohana at the Polynesian.

Welcome!!!

We plan on atlantis on Nassau day. Also have ressie for Tedden Edo but might cancel and do a fly by lunch instead.

Forgive the newbie, soda and water, is it worth bringing?

My daughter will be at the kids club most of the time. She loves them!

Forgive the newbie, soda and water, is it worth bringing?

Soda is included on Disney cruises, as long as you get it from the soda fountain on the pool deck, or with meals. It is an extra cost if you order soda through room service or at a bar. There are soda cups at the fountain on the pool deck, or a lot of people bring their own plastic cups to refill.

Water on the ship is filtered using reverse-osmosis and is the same as distilled water and actually tastes pretty good. No gross tastes to the water, that is. At home we drink a lot of spring water and use Crystal Light iced tea packets to flavor it. I'm considering bringing a few water bottles that we can refill with the ship's tap water and then add the Crystal Light to it.

So, depending on your family's soda and water drinking habits, you can decide whether or not you feel that bringing your own is worth it. :) How is THAT for a non-specific answer??? :laughing:

:thumbsup2 PERFECT!!!

I had forgotten soda was included. Good idea. Bring a cup!! Lol
I normally get refillables at the resorts. I'll keep an eye out in the Disneystore for a nice one or two.

Crystal light is a good idea too!

What about alcohol? Can we bring? Last cruise, Norwegian, we bought imports $30.00 per bucket of 6. Kept some in our fridge in the room.

I normally get refillables at the resorts. I'll keep an eye out in the Disneystore for a nice one or two.

What about alcohol? Can we bring? Last cruise, Norwegian, we bought imports $30.00 per bucket of 6. Kept some in our fridge in the room.

DCL does allow you to bring alcohol aboard, but it has to be in your carry-on luggage. Back in the day, people would bring hard-sided coolers filled with alcohol, but I believe that they have stopped allowing the hard-sided coolers, but if you carry it on in your normal carry-on luggage, it'll be fine. :)

Edited to add the official info from the DCL site:

Beverage PolicyQuestion
What is the policy regarding bringing alcoholic beverages on board?
Answer
Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room, including Palo and Remy, with a bottle of champagne or wine will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

Georgette,

Like I said before, ONE of the best things about cruising Disney is the kid club pick up at dinner. Another big ONE is that you can bring your own alcohol aboard. We brought it in the carry-on on our first cruise. On the second cruise (last year) we checked it in our bag for the flight to Orlando. Bags were automatically loaded aboard the Disney bus and we didn't get a chance to pull it out to carry on. OOPS! To our surprise, it was still inside our luggage when it arrived at our cabin! Next time, I'm carrying it on.

Hubby and I like to have a rum and coke poolside, so we pour a shot in our thermal cups and head to the soda fountains on deck 10 for ice and coke. Easy to proceed from there to the pools!

Cheers!
Susan

Happy New Year Everyone!!!pixiedust:pixiedust:

Cayla- can you just change Nicole name with no H/ Thanks??

So I too am in need of losing a few pounds before this cruise. I say we post goals and update atleast weekly if not more. Who's in???

Goal-20lbs
walking one mile a day

I'm in for losing a few pounds. I would like to lose 20 pounds as well. I'm trying to get to the gym 3 times a week and eat right! Now that the holidays are over, I have no excuse.

Caryn

So I too am in need of losing a few pounds before this cruise. I say we post goals and update atleast weekly if not more. Who's in???

Goal-20lbs
walking one mile a day

I'M IN!!!! Just ate my last meal of chinese food! hehehe
I was doing sooooo well before Halloween/thanksgiving - then blew it! Lost 20 lbs, then came the milky way and snickers, then turkey and stuffing, now Christmas cookies and meal after meal! :) I will NOT do a New Years resolution, they never work for me..

I joined gym back in October and I'm going to attempt a few yoga classes this week.. jump on the treadmill or walk, since the weather has been so iffy here, I'm going to get my IPOD out and music updated and move a bit tomorrow..

I have to, cough cough cough, lose about 50-75 lbs, so..... EEEK!!! I better get moving!! :cool1:

I'm in for losing a few pounds. I would like to lose 20 pounds as well. I'm trying to get to the gym 3 times a week and eat right! Now that the holidays are over, I have no excuse.

Caryn
:thumbsup2

I also just posted on the FB Page about Castaway Cay, regarding cabanas and towels/umbrellas during beach day.. If someone wants to chime in there.. or here :)

Thanks!

Forgive my ignorance or lack of reading ;) But what is kid pick up at dinner...?

As for the rum and coke, great idea!!! Bottle of raspberry vodka and some sprite is the way to go! :) hehehehe

Just put it in my carry on...

Georgette,

Like I said before, ONE of the best things about cruising Disney is the kid club pick up at dinner. Another big ONE is that you can bring your own alcohol aboard. We brought it in the carry-on on our first cruise. On the second cruise (last year) we checked it in our bag for the flight to Orlando. Bags were automatically loaded aboard the Disney bus and we didn't get a chance to pull it out to carry on. OOPS! To our surprise, it was still inside our luggage when it arrived at our cabin! Next time, I'm carrying it on.

Hubby and I like to have a rum and coke poolside, so we pour a shot in our thermal cups and head to the soda fountains on deck 10 for ice and coke. Easy to proceed from there to the pools!

Cheers!
Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter