May 25, 2012 - Magical 8-night cruise - NYC to the Bahamas!

Mom and I decided to split our time between MK and Epcot on our Disney day. We've been going back and forth for weeks over where/when we wanted to make ADRs. We landed on Liberty Tree Tavern for an early lunch which I grabbed this morning. Now the debate is over dinner. Do we snack our way around the World Showcase which we've never gotten to do since we always have had the dining plan? Or do we go with an old fav like Ohana? Or a new fav like Tutto or Via Napoli?

The only thing keeping us from Ohana is we know it tends to be a long dragged out affair! Took us almost 2 hours from start to finish in Sept and we had to wait 20-30 mins past out ADR time.

To the poster who mentioned Boma - we went there for the first time for dinner in September. We loved it and would go back...but it was definitely a long meal as we wanted to try a lil of everything!

I booked 2 - going to check with everyone else before cancelling one.

Decided Boma at the Lodge, just take a bus over I guess and spend the morning at Animal, maybe hit MK at night time before heading back to the ship.
Gonna be a longggg day I think!!!

Otherwise, made a ressie at TeddenEdo for that evening and maybe just hit Epcot for the day..

Unsure, but will think it over, over the weekend.

Don't wanna be running around like a chicken without a head that day.. ;)

Have to keep in mind we are a table of 10.

I'm sure we will MUNCH during the day at the park, so only making 1 ressie for that day, either early dinner or later dinner :)

Okay, enjoy the weekend all ;)

Be well!

My hunny and I are planning a day sightseeing at Cape Canaveral and maybe out to the space center. We have numerous trips to WDW planned for before this cruise and are looking forward to seeing the area.

My hunny and I are planning a day sightseeing at Cape Canaveral and maybe out to the space center. We have numerous trips to WDW planned for before this cruise and are looking forward to seeing the area.

Lucky!!! :sunny: Our last trip to WDW was July 2010, so I'm really looking forward to going there on our Port Canaveral day. :)

Mom and I decided to split our time between MK and Epcot on our Disney day. We've been going back and forth for weeks over where/when we wanted to make ADRs. We landed on Liberty Tree Tavern for an early lunch which I grabbed this morning. Now the debate is over dinner. Do we snack our way around the World Showcase which we've never gotten to do since we always have had the dining plan? Or do we go with an old fav like Ohana? Or a new fav like Tutto or Via Napoli?

The only thing keeping us from Ohana is we know it tends to be a long dragged out affair! Took us almost 2 hours from start to finish in Sept and we had to wait 20-30 mins past out ADR time.

To the poster who mentioned Boma - we went there for the first time for dinner in September. We loved it and would go back...but it was definitely a long meal as we wanted to try a lil of everything!

All good choices! :) We don't mind that 'Ohana might take a while, because we like to take a break for dinner, and I'll definitely need to be off of my feet for a while by that point. :upsidedow

Georgette, what did you decide??? :)

Happy Holidays!!! :umbrella:

I made the 2 reservations, I think I'm learning towards Boma during our day.

Hope everyone is enjoying shopping and their holidays! ;)

I'll post again later, I'm off and running today!

be well,
Georgette

Hello everyone;

I made a bit of a change - rather than posting the link in an individual post I added a link to the FE list to my signature. This way folks can click on any of my posts to get to the list. Please let me know if the link doesn't work...this is my first attempt at embedding a link in my signature!

Please, check your information to ensure that my typos aren't acting up again :rotfl:
(they are rather pesky!)

Class is over, I am going to be making updates more regularly now. I can finally relax a bit....well....we have a lot of travel planned, but that is easy stuff, right?

I will do my best to keep up with the threads, so if folks wish to post their information on the thread I should be able to catch it!

As of now - the consensus is to close the list at 30 days, if necessary limit it to 20 cabins (folks are more that welcome to be on multiple lists). If the cabin limit happens, I will most likely try to break it by deck if that is acceptable. Unlike the Dream and Fantasy, one can walk a whole deck without having to go up or down! Unless folks want the division to be by fore, mid and aft...you let me know!

I will bring paper copies of the list with me, and once we have a meet location I will have them with me. I also will keep a few on my door (look for the heavily decorated door!). I usually grab a wavephone while onboard, so I can be reached easily if one needs a list.

Cayla

Hi Everyone!!

In hope this little post finds you all well ... Hope the holidays treated you good too!! :)

I survived Christmas and ready for the New Year! We don't have any plans for NYE .. how about you?

I made 2 ressies for our port day in Orlando -- But I think we might change. Tedden Edo and Boma. My stepfather isn't into buffet's and we are really really unsure which park we are going too. I'd like to hit Animal Kingdom, since we haven't been there in a few years... Might just do Whispering Canyon again, we loved that place for breakfast, then head to a park - what do you think?
We have a long day, esp if we get off the boat at 6am and head to Orlando...

We are just relaxing today...

Be good
Georgette

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all had a lovely day.

Flight prices are going up from the UK, not good. Its supposed to be the sales as well, starting to wish I'd bought them earlier, as am now going to have to brave it out and wait until nearer the time in the hope they go back down.

Have already got started on my FE gifts, I hope the first part of 2012 goes really fast so it will be time for our cruise soon! :rotfl:

:cool1::cool1:I am sooo excited!! I have not been on here since the beginning, because my son had 2 brain surgeries. We are done, and doing well. I can now focus on some fun!! A special thanks to SeaSpray for always checking in with me;);)!
Quick update- don't forget we have a facebook page!

I am sooooo excited!!!

:love: glad to hear he's okay. Sorry to hear he had to have surgery.

I keep forgetting about the fb page.

Hi everyone.

I've had some health problems for the past week or so. Finally feeling better, but I'm facing some unexpected medical bills and I fear that we may not end up going on this cruise. However, this cruise is paid in full, and DH thinks that we will still be able to go, but I just feel like I need to hold back from all of the excitement that I had been feeling, just in case we have to cancel. :sad2:

Oh, and more bad news: On the same day that I found out about my upcoming medical/dental procedures and expenses, DS20 Robb was in a car accident. Nobody was hurt, and that's the MOST important thing, of course. But now he needs to buy a new car and he's thinking that he may have to use his cruise fund to do so. He and Chelsea have discussed it, and while they'd be extremely disappointed if they have to cancel, they're also mature enough to realize that an expense such a car comes before a vacation.

Blah. I hope that everyone else is doing ok. And Patti, so glad to see you back here.

HUGS for everyone. :grouphug:

Oh before I forget!!! Did any of you see that information about our Port Canaveral Day is now on the DCL web site??!! I got an email from DCL today which told me that the info was now on the site. They give info about the transportation to and from WDW, too. :) The info is under the Port Adventures section of the site. :surfweb:

Hi everyone.

I've had some health problems for the past week or so. Finally feeling better, but I'm facing some unexpected medical bills and I fear that we may not end up going on this cruise. However, this cruise is paid in full, and DH thinks that we will still be able to go, but I just feel like I need to hold back from all of the excitement that I had been feeling, just in case we have to cancel. :sad2:

Oh, and more bad news: On the same day that I found out about my upcoming medical/dental procedures and expenses, DS20 Robb was in a car accident. Nobody was hurt, and that's the MOST important thing, of course. But now he needs to buy a new car and he's thinking that he may have to use his cruise fund to do so. He and Chelsea have discussed it, and while they'd be extremely disappointed if they have to cancel, they're also mature enough to realize that an expense such a car comes before a vacation.

Blah. I hope that everyone else is doing ok. And Patti, so glad to see you back here.

HUGS for everyone. :grouphug:

Oh before I forget!!! Did any of you see that information about our Port Canaveral Day is now on the DCL web site??!! I got an email from DCL today which told me that the info was now on the site. They give info about the transportation to and from WDW, too. :) The info is under the Port Adventures section of the site. :surfweb:

oh dear....good luck with the health issues, new car and other expenses...hopefullly some pixie dust will cure some of this and you will be able to come cruising with us!!!

SeaSpray- Hang in there, I will be sending pixie dust and prayers!! I know how hard it's to be in that "Not sure" state. I just said to John last night, as I was posting, it's so nice to focus on this finally. Hang in there.

Georgette- Thanks all is well. We were just saying that this will be the first trip with no seizures for Matt. Not only no seizures, but he takes 12 pills a day that made him so tired. So for a 14 year old, he would be falling asleep at 9. He's so excited to be able to "Hang".

I am getting ready to head down to the Borgata in AC with my Girlies for a quick girls night!!! Can't wait, if you hear about anything crazy on the news, well it wasn't me!!:confused3:confused3

Can someone point me in the right direction to the facebook page please? I am fairly new to facebook - only joined last month as my daughter turned 13 and I said she could join, but on the condition I join too so I can keep an eye on her! :rotfl:

My family and I will be sailing with you guys and we are so excited. This will be our second Disney Magic cruise we sailed in February and LOVED it. There are 4 of us me, my hubby, and 2 kids a 4 yo DS and a 3 yo DD. We have another family traveling with us. Still trying to decide if we are going to do FE. I see there is a FB page can I join?

oh dear....good luck with the health issues, new car and other expenses...hopefullly some pixie dust will cure some of this and you will be able to come cruising with us!!!

Thanks! Things seem a little better this week, probably because I'm feeling physically better. :sunny: Last week felt like the end of the world. :sick:

SeaSpray- Hang in there, I will be sending pixie dust and prayers!! I know how hard it's to be in that "Not sure" state. I just said to John last night, as I was posting, it's so nice to focus on this finally. Hang in there.

Thanks Patti!

Can someone point me in the right direction to the facebook page please? I am fairly new to facebook - only joined last month as my daughter turned 13 and I said she could join, but on the condition I join too so I can keep an eye on her! :rotfl:

Let me see if I can figure out a direct link to the Facebook page.... :surfweb:

My family and I will be sailing with you guys and we are so excited. This will be our second Disney Magic cruise we sailed in February and LOVED it. There are 4 of us me, my hubby, and 2 kids a 4 yo DS and a 3 yo DD. We have another family traveling with us. Still trying to decide if we are going to do FE. I see there is a FB page can I join?

:welcome: Welcome Aboard, Long Island Mickey!! :sail: I will add your family to the list of cruisers in Post #1. :sunny:

Thank you Sea Spray! I hope everything works out and that you and your family have a happy and healthy 2012!! After all the work you put into this thread it would be a shame for you to miss it. Are their a lot of New Yorkers going? Any Long Islanders? I think I saw someone post their husband was from Ireland. So is mine. LOL. going to try and catch up on all the posts now. My family all gave us Disney Gift Cards for the holidays which really excited me for the trip!!

Thank you Sea Spray! I hope everything works out and that you and your family have a happy and healthy 2012!! After all the work you put into this thread it would be a shame for you to miss it. Are their a lot of New Yorkers going? Any Long Islanders? I think I saw someone post their husband was from Ireland. So is mine. LOL. going to try and catch up on all the posts now. My family all gave us Disney Gift Cards for the holidays which really excited me for the trip!!

Thanks for the good wishes :)

My DS20 Robb got great news regarding his totaled vehicle yesterday; he'll be a check from the insurance company from the person who hit him, next week. And it's for significantly more $$$ than he thought he'd get, and it's over twice the amount he paid for the truck. :banana: So since he probably won't have to dig into his cruise fund to buy a new vehicle, it looks as though he and his DGF Chelsea will still be able to sail on this cruise. :sunny:

Ok, for anyone who is interested in joining the cruise Facebook Page; it is a closed group, which means that someone already in the group has to invite others before they'd be able to access the page. So... if anyone would like to send me a private message or email, we can swap Facebook/real names, and then I can send out an invitation to you to join the cruise group page. I hope I explained that correctly. lol :surfweb:

So glad to hear Terri that your son's truck issue is working out!! So now I am getting ready and thinking about the fish extenders!!!

For facebook, until Terri figures out a direct link, I am Patti Dunne DeLuca and if you want to befriend me, I think that you then can join through my groups.

Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter