• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 24, 2014 Alaskan 9 night Wonder

Ok I am being OCD but reaching out to this group. I have started my packing list for the trip. We are doing the B2B from San Diego to Alaska and trying not to pack 14 bags. I understand layering for Alaska but how much cold weather gear. (pants, long sleeve, shirts, sweaters).

I guess it depends on what your definition of "cold" is. We are from Florida so we will be taking many layers because anything below 70 to us is cold! :rotfl2: Two years ago when we went to Alaska we took a set of clothes for each day and soon found out in all of our pictures that we had our jackets/coats on everyday and you couldn't even see what we wore those days. This year we are planning on taking five sets of clothes that we can wear more than one time. I bought different color long sleeve shirts that I will interchange with each outfit. I read a trip report from last year and found some good information about what to pack.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126122&highlight=alaska+2013

Hopefully, this helps! :)

I guess it depends on what your definition of "cold" is. We are from Florida so we will be taking many layers because anything below 70 to us is cold! :rotfl2: Two years ago when we went to Alaska we took a set of clothes for each day and soon found out in all of our pictures that we had our jackets/coats on everyday and you couldn't even see what we wore those days. This year we are planning on taking five sets of clothes that we can wear more than one time. I bought different color long sleeve shirts that I will interchange with each outfit. I read a trip report from last year and found some good information about what to pack.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126122&highlight=alaska+2013

Hopefully, this helps! :)

Hey I am from AZ and I understand FL cold because trust me for me it is the same, my dd had a softball game last week and there was a freak windstorm which brought it down to 56 degrees. I was bundled up in jackets and blankets.

Hey I am from AZ and I understand FL cold because trust me for me it is the same, my dd had a softball game last week and there was a freak windstorm which brought it down to 56 degrees. I was bundled up in jackets and blankets.

Yeah, but we're going to be wishing for that 56 degrees before too long. It is way too warm for the beginning of April already! :beach:

Movies onboard

Finding Nemo

Frozen

Frozen Sing along

Saving Mr. Banks

Need for Speed

Muppet Most Wanted

Captain American - Winter Solider

Bears

Millionaire Dollar Arm

Maleficent wasn't on the list - but who knows by sail date

Kara saw Captain America last night and said it was great

Movies onboard

Finding Nemo

Frozen

Frozen Sing along

Saving Mr. Banks

Need for Speed

Muppet Most Wanted

Bears

Millionaire Dollar Arm

I am so excited - several of these that I wish to see--Mr. Banks, Bears, Muppets. Woohoo--this cruise just saved me a boatload of money - cracking up that I even thought that...

Movies onboard

Finding Nemo

Frozen

Frozen Sing along

Saving Mr. Banks

Need for Speed

Muppet Most Wanted

Bears

Millionaire Dollar Arm

Some of these I was planning to see, some I am not sure I would... but either way I am very excited.

Movies onboard

Finding Nemo

Frozen

Frozen Sing along

Saving Mr. Banks

Need for Speed

Muppet Most Wanted

Bears

Millionaire Dollar Arm

My DD will be very happy. She wants to see the Muppets and if we don't see it before we leave, Bears. Malificent is probably not listed because it won't be "premeared" until the Friday at 12:01 AM on the cruise.

Kara and I were laughing about seeing a couple of movies while onboard - for free - but she gets movie tickets free - except premier openings and holiday weekends

:)

I am so excited - several of these that I wish to see--Mr. Banks, Bears, Muppets. Woohoo--this cruise just saved me a boatload of money - cracking up that I even thought that...

Dont say that to loudly or DCL might hear!:goodvibes

AZ Cruisers~ we should all meet for lunch or something before the cruise.
I think there is like 3 or 4 families. Awesome!
Im in Peoria but willing to travel.
As Jack says "What say you?":sail:

Welcome to everyone who joined us! I think we need to form a trivia team...or two!

I need all B2Bers (with the west coast cruise) to please send me a PM so that I know how many of us there are. Thanks!

Thanks for the movie list. I'm guessing Malificent will be in the WD theater the night it premEARS. Any word on who the captain and cruise director will be?

Dont say that to loudly or DCL might hear!:goodvibes

AZ Cruisers~ we should all meet for lunch or something before the cruise.
I think there is like 3 or 4 families. Awesome!
Im in Peoria but willing to travel.
As Jack says "What say you?":sail:

I'm in Chandler (duh, its in my avatar:blush:). Anyway, I would be willing to meet but it would have to be in April. My May is slammed with an out of town graduation and all the activities of DD's promotion. Not to mention some trip I'm taking to the last frontier. ;) Savvy? pirate:

Kara works at a large movie theatre here in town - so she gets free tickets for her and family

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter