• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 24, 2014 Alaskan 9 night Wonder

Here is a link to a trip report that I enjoyed reading, not sure if it has been posted already, but thought I would share:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2939314

Thanks for posting this link. It was a fun read and gets you in the mood. There really arent too many Alaskan trip reports out there.
I forget what Andrew from England goes by but he also has a good read with lots of photos.

Wow! Welcome everyone! I never thought we would gain so many new people about a month and a half before our trip. If any of you are trying to join the FB page please let me know. We have had several "spam related" requests to join so many that I moved the group to secret. If you have tried to join and have found yourself not in (I've gone through requests as of right now!) please let me know. Your profile was too locked down for me to make an adequate decision.

When I tried the link for the FB group it said:
"This content is currently unavailable.
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Maybe FB was having some issues. :confused3 I will try again tomorrow.

When I tried the link for the FB group it said:
"This content is currently unavailable.
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Maybe FB was having some issues. :confused3 I will try again tomorrow.

MJ - you now need to message the email linked to your FB account in order to be added to the group. Just clicking the link will not give you access. WE are a fun group, so please come hang with us. If you send the email via PM here, we will add you through your email account. It's the most accurate way to get the correct person onto the site now.

From a cruise CM - she told me on 04/04 that 05/25 is formal night and 05/31 semi formal night

there will be a Pixar night but she didn't have any dates

:)

From a cruise CM - she told me on 04/04 that 05/25 is formal night and 05/31 semi formal night

there will be a Pixar night but she didn't have any dates

:)

Just saw when I was going onto our reservation online and looking at Juneau day that it showed the Pixar Pals party for that day! :cool1:

Just curious if there are any single travelers? I am traveling with my Brother, his wife, and their kids. Actually part of a large group but I am single and seeing if anyone else was too. Or does anyone have suggestions for a single traveler (especially in the ports).

Thanks

Thanks for posting this link. It was a fun read and gets you in the mood. There really arent too many Alaskan trip reports out there.
I forget what Andrew from England goes by but he also has a good read with lots of photos.

Hey Everyone!
I went and looked up my friends Disboard name and it is "Disney Fantasy".
He and his family went to Alaska a year or so ago, he wrote a great report with lots of photos and he is also on photo of the day or whatever that thread is called.
Thought I would just let you know!:)

Just curious if there are any single travelers? I am traveling with my Brother, his wife, and their kids. Actually part of a large group but I am single and seeing if anyone else was too. Or does anyone have suggestions for a single traveler (especially in the ports).

Thanks

Welcome Aboard. You might want to check when you get onboard because I understand that they often have singles mixers. Also, when you do get on to the FB page, you may want to ask there as well.

My single nephew is traveling with our group, but we have excursions planned for every port.

Hello all! We just booked this cruise yesterday and are looking forward to an amazing adventure! It is myself, husband and my Parents. We're squeezing in our last big vacation before I hit 24 weeks. Our previous cruises have been on the Magic so we're forward to exploring the Wonder. Looking forward to sharing an awesome cruise with you guys! - Bethany

Hello all! We just booked this cruise yesterday and are looking forward to an amazing adventure! It is myself, husband and my Parents. We're squeezing in our last big vacation before I hit 24 weeks. Our previous cruises have been on the Magic so we're forward to exploring the Wonder. Looking forward to sharing an awesome cruise with you guys! - Bethany

Welcome Bethany, DH, and parents!! :goodvibes

:welcome:

Ok I am being OCD but reaching out to this group. I have started my packing list for the trip. We are doing the B2B from San Diego to Alaska and trying not to pack 14 bags. I understand layering for Alaska but how much cold weather gear. (pants, long sleeve, shirts, sweaters).

Thanks

Hi, single here also. I've travelled solo several times on DCL; sometimes I book port adventures through DCL if there's an activity I want to do (and also to meet people). Sometimes I just wander around the port itself to shop and/or grab a bite to eat. For this cruise, I've booked excursions in all 4 of the ports.

They usually have single lunches on sea days with a table hosted by a member of the cruise staff team. Some late afternoons or early evenings, they may have a "Single Mingle" in Cove or Outlook Cafe. At night, there are a lot of activities for adults going on in Wavebands -- themed dance parties, game shows, variety entertainers. I'm a trivia junkie so l look for those activities (usually happen on sea days) and meet people by forming or joining teams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter