May 24, 2014 Alaskan 9 night Wonder

I called DCL today and they still don't know which nights are going to be formal, semi-formal and whatnot. The cast member on the phone said he thinks they should have the schedule set within the next two weeks. He was shocked that there wasn't one set yet and kept apologizing because he couldn't help me any further.

I called DCL today and they still don't know which nights are going to be formal, semi-formal and whatnot. The cast member on the phone said he thinks they should have the schedule set within the next two weeks. He was shocked that there wasn't one set yet and kept apologizing because he couldn't help me any further.

:sad::rolleyes1popcorn::furious:

It would be my pleasure.

Good morning.
I wanted to let you know that we are on Spring break this next week so I wont have any info for almost 2 weeks on this.
I just didnt want to leave you hanging.
I appreciate it very much and now I better figure out that bread.
Pumpkin or banana? and will you call room service for the butter or shall I?:)

Good morning.
I wanted to let you know that we are on Spring break this next week so I wont have any info for almost 2 weeks on this.
I just didnt want to leave you hanging.
I appreciate it very much and now I better figure out that bread.
Pumpkin or banana? and will you call room service for the butter or shall I?:)

No problem, whenever you decide what you wish to do.

Either pumpkin or banana--I love both and believe me, I am very experienced with room service. :goodvibes I just might have to trot it down to Cove Cafe and enjoy with a nice hot cup of tea.

In all seriousness, I will be glad to do your favor even without the bread. I know that getting that bread on board might be a bit of a problem. :scratchin

The FE Vote results for Groups Mickey, Tinker Bell and Minnie have gone out by email.

Shame this thread now seems to be fixated on FE issues rather than the Alaska cruise. As we are coming from the UK, we decided for baggage reasons that we would pass on FE exchange this time.

I'm kind of sad as well... Every time I see a new post on here I get excited and then when it's only more FE info/squabbling I get sad. Has anyone heard which days are what yet? Are the first time cruisers looking forward to booking their excursions in a few days (if booking through disney)? It looks like there are no brunch times currently available for Palo but LOTS of dinner times still available. It's been a few years since we've done palo dinner and I'm really looking forward to the soufflé!

We're not doing FE either. I'm figuring once the FE is sorted out, we will all start talking about other things since we are getting really close now! :hyper:

Add me to the list of non FE peeps. I have never done one because I am not crafty, organized, or anything. I am signed up for a different cruise because the organizer signed me up..but that is the only one I am doing and even that seems like too much work.

I apologize to all of you for my part in this. I will now keep my FE related information to the FE Post on page 1 of this thread and by email. :goodvibes

I'm ready for some fun now! :banana::faint:

OK~ moving on officially commences now!:)

1) Does anyone else scrapbook out there?

2) What onboard activities does everyone else like to do? Bingo, Mouseketeer, Trivia, family games, etc?

3) What is everyones favorite dessert onboard that you are looking forward to having again, and for the first timers, wanting to try for the first time?

Yes, Im trying to get us to move on to fun because I think Nakoma needs it as do we all!

Someone else come up with questions too!:)

1) Does anyone else scrapbook out there? well I buy I lot of supplies, not a lot of time though :lmao:

2) What onboard activities does everyone else like to do? Bingo, Mouseketeer, Trivia, family games, etc? I like Bingo, trivia and family games...we didn't have much time on the 3 nighter so I am excited to get more chances with this trip!

3) What is everyones favorite dessert onboard that you are looking forward to having again, and for the first timers, wanting to try for the first time? Um...what is not to like? Maybe something with papaya or mango I'd pass on.

Before I get to some questions I just want people not on the FB group to know about this. Just found out today about this service through United, well it isn't United who does it, it is just that they have a link to this website.

****Not sure how many people want to get some Canadian cash before they arrive in Vancouver. I belong to a credit union and they don't do foreign currency. United led me to this website where you can get foreign cash before your trip. This avoids the foreign transaction fees and long lines at currency exchange windows (which usually have a horrible rate!). Check it out if you want to pick up some cash before arriving...actually you can use this for any foreign currency. Not sure if it will work for people outside the US though. www. ezforex. com (take out the spaces)*****

Now for some questions:

What food/meal are you most looking forward to having on the ship?

Do you plan out your next day after getting your personal Navigator that night, or do you fly by your pants and go throughout the day just checking the Navigators when you get the "what shall we do next" bug?

What is the one item you hope to purchase on the ship? If you are like me, you can pick more than one item :rotfl2:

What is the one item you hope to purchase in the ports? Again, if you MUST contribute to the economy for more than one item, tell us about all of them.

Kara and I love trivia and we try to go to every trivia that is listed

We also enjoy mixology classes - and that is how Kara got interested and became a certified mixologist

Our last cruise we did a back to back on the Dream and Fantasy with a night in port - in talking with CM's on the Dream - once they found out we were going to be on the Fantasy - lots of them gave us messages for CM on the Fantasy - we had fun seeking them out and we were able to pass on every message

mickey bars are my hands down favorite dessert or at anytime of the day or night

I did like their French Onion soup and was able to order it several times during our cruises

We also enjoy the evening activites in the night club (s)

We also get the navigator and mark it up with our high lighters

1) Does anyone else scrapbook out there? don't officially scrapbook-but I papercraft, make boxes, have a Cricut, Cuttlebug, etc.

2) What onboard activities does everyone else like to do? Bingo, Mouseketeer, Trivia, family games, etc? Eat, nap, spa, enjoy the view. Going to try some new stuff this time since I will have two weeks total on the ship.

3) What is everyones favorite dessert onboard that you are looking forward to having again, and for the first timers, wanting to try for the first time? Palo chocolate souffle and white chocolate dipped strawberries.

Yes, Im trying to get us to move on to fun because I think Nakoma needs it as do we all!

My responses are above. :thumbsup2

We love the trivia too, especially the disney trivia. We'll have to get a disboards trivia team going!

1) Does anyone else scrapbook out there? Yes I do! I have a cricut and I bought a cruise scrapbook and the pages on out last 2 cruises. I am still working on my wedding album though and I have our honeymoon cruise and last years cruise to still do! Now we are adding on Alaska haha! I will never be caught up!

2) What onboard activities does everyone else like to do? Bingo, Mouseketeer, Trivia, family games, etc? I like the crafts! Hubby likes trivia. We played Bingo on our first cruise I about died with how much it cost! Luckily we won! We didn't take our chances last cruise!

3) What is everyones favorite dessert onboard that you are looking forward to having again, and for the first timers, wanting to try for the first time? Tiramisu from Palo and Creme brulee!

What food/meal are you most looking forward to having on the ship? People wait on me :)

Do you plan out your next day after getting your personal Navigator that night, or do you fly by your pants and go throughout the day just checking the Navigators when you get the "what shall we do next" bug? I am a planner for sure!

What is the one item you hope to purchase on the ship? If you are like me, you can pick more than one item :rotfl2: I like to get a chamilia charm for my Pandora bracelet and pins!

What is the one item you hope to purchase in the ports? Again, if you MUST contribute to the economy for more than one item, tell us about all of them.
I collect magnets from each port!

2) What onboard activities does everyone else like to do? Bingo, Mouseketeer, Trivia, family games, etc?

3) What is everyones favorite dessert onboard that you are looking forward to having again, and for the first timers, wanting to try for the first time?

Anyone heard of "Old Geezers", we of a certain age tended to congregate in Cove Cafe after late dining for tea, coffee, brandy, cookies and good chat

Now for some questions:

Ann needs to replace the cashmere beanie hat she bought in Juneau 5 years ago ……. and lost.

Juneau & Ketchikan both have Pandora charm outlets, so I'm staying on board apart from organised excursions.

The FE Vote results for Groups Mickey, Tinker Bell and Minnie have gone out by email.

I apologize to all of you for my part in this. I will now keep my FE related information to the FE Post on page 1 of this thread and by email. :goodvibes

I'm ready for some fun now! :banana::faint:

No apology necessary. Just glad you finally got it all straightened out. :)

1) I wish I had the time to still scrapbook. I have tons of Disney stuff.

2) Love to play trivia games. We should definitely team up. I also like "Who wants to be a Mouseketeer" and the other game shows. I'm most looking forward to standing on deck and taking hundreds of photos.

3) I agree with Mickey Bars. However, I really enjoy the desserts at Palo brunch.

:goodvibes

Before I get to some questions I just want people not on the FB group to know about this. Just found out today about this service through United, well it isn't United who does it, it is just that they have a link to this website.

****Not sure how many people want to get some Canadian cash before they arrive in Vancouver. I belong to a credit union and they don't do foreign currency. United led me to this website where you can get foreign cash before your trip. This avoids the foreign transaction fees and long lines at currency exchange windows (which usually have a horrible rate!). Check it out if you want to pick up some cash before arriving...actually you can use this for any foreign currency. Not sure if it will work for people outside the US though. www. ezforex. com (take out the spaces)*****

Now for some questions:

What food/meal are you most looking forward to having on the ship?

Do you plan out your next day after getting your personal Navigator that night, or do you fly by your pants and go throughout the day just checking the Navigators when you get the "what shall we do next" bug?

What is the one item you hope to purchase on the ship? If you are like me, you can pick more than one item :rotfl2:

Thought I should answer my own questions as well as the new ones~
Love scrapbooking. Just finished DCL EB cruise and have started working on our Hawaiian cruise(NCL). With this broken arm I may be caught up before Alaska.
DH is a Mousekateer whiz1! We love trivia and games but not bingo.
"Sunrippened pineapple with bananas and cocoanut" from the Pirates in the Caribbean menu. Dont know if they will offer it this cruise as we have the Pixar Party instead of Pirates. Maybe they will call it something else.

Always look forward to Palos brunch! I feel like Lilo "DESSERTS!!"

Always read the Navigator, plan things out and still end up doing whatever.

Shopping~on the ship, scrapping supplies, ornament and usually a couple of pins and magnet.
Ports~ usually magnets, sometimes ornaments and tee shirts, some postcards.

I'm a scrap booker, both digital and paper. Right now I'm working on a digital album of my 2012 Fantasy cruise. I'm also starting on a paper album of my trip to Aulani last summer.

I'm most looking forward to our dinner at Palo. We have never been there for dinner.

I don't have any favorite dessert in mind. But I certainly like trying them all!

I loved the mixology class. This trip I want to do more of the behind the scenes tours. I saw there was a chocolate tasting class offered on the big ships, but not sure if this is offered on the Wonder. I saw a video of this class and can't wait to try it!

We always look at the Navigator to make plans on what time to get up, and what to do first each day. Then we just kind of wing it the rest of the day. I hope we will have the Navigator app available to us on the Wonder. It will make it easier to plan stuff if I can have the schedule in my pocket.

Ann needs to replace the cashmere beanie hat she bought in Juneau 5 years ago ……. and lost.

Juneau & Ketchikan both have Pandora charm outlets, so I'm staying on board apart from organised excursions.

Oh lordy...where?

2) Love to play trivia games. We should definitely team up. I also like "Who wants to be a Mouseketeer" and the other game shows. I'm most looking forward to standing on deck and taking hundreds of photos.

:goodvibes

only hundreds? :confused3

I loved the mixology class. This trip I want to do more of the behind the scenes tours. I saw there was a chocolate tasting class offered on the big ships, but not sure if this is offered on the Wonder. I saw a video of this class and can't wait to try it!

We always look at the Navigator to make plans on what time to get up, and what to do first each day. Then we just kind of wing it the rest of the day. I hope we will have the Navigator app available to us on the Wonder. It will make it easier to plan stuff if I can have the schedule in my pocket.

What is "behind the scenes" tours? I LOVE chocolate, that would be awesome. The only other cruise line I've been on years ago had the midnight buffet and the CHOCOLATE buffet.....if that was the only thing I did on that trip, I would be perfectly fine with that!:thumbsup2

As far as the questions I asked, we like to get pins of course. My son really wants to get the Alaskan stuffies (the Mickey and pals group). Love the scrapbook stuff as well. Didn't really think of anything in particular in the ports but may very well need to check out the Pandora outlets that Frodo mentioned.

I like to plan from the Navigators but mostly for the evening shows and finding the characters for pictures. Only had the 3 nighter before this so there wasn't a whole lot of time for much when it is all crammed into that short period of time. I'm feeling good having 3 times more time and a smaller ship that we will get to do a whole lot more :hyper:

hundreds of pics????

Yeah, about that. I have been known to take a thousand in a very short timeframe. In my defense it was a recital :laughing: And then there are the times when family comes to visit and as the offical tour guide, part of my duty requires taking photos. They go home with thousands ::yes::

My laptop will be full of pictures. Between me and DD, we will download nightly.

As for what we want from the ports:scratchin

Might check out the Pandora Outlet. Might have to inform my MIL about it also. She started us on it and we get them for Christmas/BDays, etc. We have gotten picky so it has to be special and unique from any port. I would like to get somethings. I have seen and heard about some wonderful ideas.

Pins are always a must.

Disney Alaska would be good also.

I need to bring a few things back for some special people.

They offer two tours that I can find. A "walk the ship tour" and an "Art of the Theme Show" tour. I doubt the go to much "behind the scenes" but we do like to see how things are done. Sometimes they have talks with imagineers, those are fun to go see also. The chocolate and beverage pairing video I found on the dis unplugged you tube channel. It's actually titled "chocolate tasting on the Disney Wonder" I'm excited now, I thought it was just on the bigger ships! Does anyone know where we go on the ship to sign up for the "adult tastings"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter