May 24, 2014 Alaskan 9 night Wonder

My daughter swam for 10 years - year around team and for her high school for 4 years, also band for high school including marching band, there were some weekends where they had football game Friday night, marching band competition on Saturday and then a swim meet on Sunday.

That is a packed weekend!! :faint:

Anyone seen the dining survey?? I guess DCL is asking people if they want to pick their rotation, Palo/Remy age be lowered, wine/dessert pairing upcharge thingy, and relaxed dress code for Palo/Remy at dinner. There is a thread about it. I was just curious if anyone here had been graced with the survey

I took the survey. I was checking out *GT rates on the May/June cruises (I am seriously thinking about the 4 day Spain cruise in Aug, but I wanted to see when their PIF was so I could know when to start looking for GT rates) Anyway, while I was playing on the DCL booking site, the survey came up. I am always traveling with a kid, so I never thought about Palo or Remy. My kids probably wouldn't like the food anyway, so I said just leave it. However, I do think they should offer main or 2nd seating and then the option to choose your rotation while booking. Why not? If nothing else, offer it to CC members. First time cruisers probably wouldn't know the difference, but those in the know might care more.

SO I guess I was "graced" with it.

While we are chatting away, which by the way, I love that you guys are so friendly and willing to share. :goodvibes

Anyone really hoping for 1 particular late 2015 itinerary? I have 3 that my clan is waiting and hoping for. Baltic (my hope) Hawaii (DD11 hope) Med Greece & Turkey (DD9 hope) Anyone else?

I took the survey. I was checking out *GT rates on the May/June cruises (I am seriously thinking about the 4 day Spain cruise in Aug, but I wanted to see when their PIF was so I could know when to start looking for GT rates) Anyway, while I was playing on the DCL booking site, the survey came up. I am always traveling with a kid, so I never thought about Palo or Remy. My kids probably wouldn't like the food anyway, so I said just leave it. However, I do think they should offer main or 2nd seating and then the option to choose your rotation while booking. Why not? If nothing else, offer it to CC members. First time cruisers probably wouldn't know the difference, but those in the know might care more. SO I guess I was "graced" with it.

Ahhhh yes I did see that pop up actually. I said no I didn't want to take it. I'm sure it will pop up again. Now I know it is more than just a "how do you like our site" survey. Thanks.

While we are chatting away, which by the way, I love that you guys are so friendly and willing to share. :goodvibes Anyone really hoping for 1 particular late 2015 itinerary? I have 3 that my clan is waiting and hoping for. Baltic (my hope) Hawaii (DD11 hope) Med Greece & Turkey (DD9 hope) Anyone else?

Yup. All of the above hahaha. There is info out there that Hawaii has been spotted as a location according to port schedules. I think Tortola was another (or maybe that was more about the discussion regarding the pier they are building there). I any recall if there were hits at Balltics but I want to say there was talk about port schedules somewhere in Europe that wasn't one they have been using recently...Dover? Do you follow the DCL blog? Smush that all together and put dot com after (can't do it here or it will flag it) and follow along. There are always some bits and pieces of the schedules talked about there but supported by things like port schedules as well as "quirks" found on the actual DCL site.

Sent from Stephie's iPhone using DISBoards

We loved loved loved our Baltic cruise and would do it again - those 4 cruises left and returned from Dover.

Felt like I was sitting in one stadium or another for months every year - went through 2 stadium chairs :rotfl2:

Yup. All of the above hahaha. There is info out there that Hawaii has been spotted as a location according to port schedules. I think Tortola was another (or maybe that was more about the discussion regarding the pier they are building there). I any recall if there were hits at Balltics but I want to say there was talk about port schedules somewhere in Europe that wasn't one they have been using recently...Dover? Do you follow the DCL blog? Smush that all together and put dot com after (can't do it here or it will flag it) and follow along. There are always some bits and pieces of the schedules talked about there but supported by things like port schedules as well as "quirks" found on the actual DCL site.

I do follow those, but I was hoping some of you were going to cruise with me again. I seem to like this group :) I forgot Nico who wants the PC cruise. But, he already booked with a NC home school group to go to Italy in march. Only if that doesn't go will we do the EBPC. Or if Hawaii doesn't happen we can do the PC.

We loved loved loved our Baltic cruise and would do it again - those 4 cruises left and returned from Dover.

You know what?? I was booked on the DCL Baltic when it first came out. Then I flipped out because I was afraid of cruising. :faint: I would love a do over on that choice. :goodvibes

Felt like I was sitting in one stadium or another for months every year - went through 2 stadium chairs :rotfl2:

I bet you did feel like you were always sitting at a stadium!!

The Baltic cruise was our 2nd cruise - we fly into London early then bused with a portion of our board group to Dover. After the cruise, we took the ferry to France, the train to Disneyland Paris and then afterwards spent time in Paris.

Loved those stadium chairs - sure saved my back for all of those hours of sitting

Unfortunately, we wont be able to join this cruise because my vacation request from work was not fully granted.

We will still be on the california coast cruise before this one.

Wow, not just the expenses but what in the world does your calendar look like! :eek:

Those are some expensive little people! :scared::scared: That is awesome on the film mentorship. YAY!! But wow, I thought my kids were busy.

I thought my calander was horrible. I think you need a vacation:goodvibes There is always a costume fee:crazy2: Not sure what I would like to avoid renting the costume or buying it:rolleyes:
The only way I'm able to even keep up as a single mom is because my often demanding job is virtual so I work from home and we homeschool. Things are easier now that DS is driving himself! But I agree, I need a vacation! Can't wait!!! :cool1:

While we are chatting away, which by the way, I love that you guys are so friendly and willing to share. :goodvibes

Anyone really hoping for 1 particular late 2015 itinerary? I have 3 that my clan is waiting and hoping for. Baltic (my hope) Hawaii (DD11 hope) Med Greece & Turkey (DD9 hope) Anyone else?
I was kind of hoping they would sail out of New Orleans back to WDW - it was so fun last year out of Galveston. We'd also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to do Hawaii again! But I'm so scared the prices will be more than I want to do. :scared1:

My daughter swam for 10 years - year around team and for her high school for 4 years, also band for high school including marching band, there were some weekends where they had football game Friday night, marching band competition on Saturday and then a swim meet on Sunday.
Yikes!

Unfortunately, we wont be able to join this cruise because my vacation request from work was not fully granted.

We will still be on the california coast cruise before this one.
Sorry to see you go, but have a wonderful time on the California Coast cruise!

The only way I'm able to even keep up as a single mom is because my often demanding job is virtual so I work from home and we homeschool.

Sweet! I think there are a few if us single mamas here! Raise you hand single mamas!

I don't have the pleasure of working from home. The police and DEA tend to frown on me selling drugs from my home. :( I couldn't do it without my mom's help at this point. I live in a well populated area that is pretty self contained with an Ivy League school. Problem is work hours don't mesh with daycare/school hours so I need the extra help. She's retired so it works out perfectly, well for me at least! I'd like to be able to move closer to them (hour and half away!!) which is a far more populated region with more options (except when it comes to work)!! So here I sit.

Sorry I forgot to look up the link to the photo prepay stuff tonight!! Did anyone find it from the DCL page? If you do, can you post it here for people please. I know we have time I just worry I will forget.

And yes, I think we have a great group here. I've heard horror stories from some people! Eeek! Talk about drama!!!

I guess I should have fully introduced myself... I'm Samantha and my DH is Wes. This will be our third DCL cruise. We are not going to be participating in the FE but may do a meet or two if scheduled (I haven't read the whole thread yet)

We're looking forward to vacationing on our own again as our last 2 vacations have been with my parents and sister and the last one included my sister's fiancé as well.

Hi Samatha :wave2:

Hats off to the Single Moms. Y'all and my sis impress me. Not sure how I would handle it. :scratchin But then again I was not so sure I could homeschool either, and here I am:cool1::lmao:

We are quite the range of people and talents but have sooo much in common. Love my DisBoards;)

Thought I should introduce myself -

I'm Sarah, I'll be traveling with DH and DS (7). This will be our first cruise. And going to Vancouver will be my and DS's first time to Canada as well.

I'm reading reading reading and don't have much to add yet.

But if anyone knows a good place to get some waterproof gloves at this time of year I'd like to know. Everyone seems to have sold out with the winter we've had, but I lost one of my gloves last week! (I'm in AR, I only have one pair.)

I'm Sarah, I'll be traveling with DH and DS (7). This will be our first cruise. And going to Vancouver will be my and DS's first time to Canada as well.

But if anyone knows a good place to get some waterproof gloves at this time of year I'd like to know. Everyone seems to have sold out with the winter we've had, but I lost one of my gloves last week! (I'm in AR, I only have one pair.)

:welcome:

I would try places on-line like Columbia Sportswear, LL Bean and Lands End. They should have winter stuff on clearance now.

Waterproof gloves--that wasn't even on my radar.

:welcome:

I would try places on-line like Columbia Sportswear, LL Bean and Lands End. They should have winter stuff on clearance now.

The Columbia Outlet store near us (in Omaha) had all its gloves, hats and such on clearance 50% off about 2 weeks ago when I was out shopping for fleece jackets and rain jackets! Got 30% the jackets.

a friend of mine just turned me onto sierra trading company - they have one zillion sales, lots of coupons. we just purchased great shoes for the 3 of us, tons of socks and a great jacket for my DS - everything has been great! very pleased - and they look to have lots of all season sporting gear as well - we will be ordering from them again!

I guess I should have fully introduced myself... I'm Samantha and my DH is Wes. This will be our third DCL cruise. We are not going to be participating in the FE but may do a meet or two if scheduled (I haven't read the whole thread yet) We're looking forward to vacationing on our own again as our last 2 vacations have been with my parents and sister and the last one included my sister's fiancé as well.

Welcome! I feel ya there I am so excited to just travel with my hubby! Our last cruise although fun was with my MIL and my husbands best friend and his wife. I felt like I was always entertaining and never alone! :)

I guess I should have fully introduced myself... I'm Samantha and my DH is Wes. This will be our third DCL cruise. We are not going to be participating in the FE but may do a meet or two if scheduled (I haven't read the whole thread yet)

We're looking forward to vacationing on our own again as our last 2 vacations have been with my parents and sister and the last one included my sister's fiancé as well.

Do you want me to change Sam to Samantha on the 1st post? I just assumed Sam from your DIS name :rotfl2: Good guess huh :lmao:

Hi! :wave2: I think some people have already hit the main players of outdoor wear. Sierra, LL Bean, REI, Lands End, Columbia, Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, Patagonia, EMS. All those places come to mind for me.

Here is the link I promised to the preordering of the photo CDs. Doesn't look like our cruise is listed yet, only through March, but it does look like you can sign up for an alert when it is posted (will the alert actually happen, I don't know :scratchin)

http://www.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/?utm_source=Photography&utm_medium=Disney&utm_campaign=Photography

Only about 48 hrs til us Silvers can check-in and book :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Do you want me to change Sam to Samantha on the 1st post? I just assumed Sam from your DIS name :rotfl2: Good guess huh :lmao:

Hi! :wave2: I think some people have already hit the main players of outdoor wear. Sierra, LL Bean, REI, Lands End, Columbia, Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, Patagonia, EMS. All those places come to mind for me.

Here is the link I promised to the preordering of the photo CDs. Doesn't look like our cruise is listed yet, only through March, but it does look like you can sign up for an alert when it is posted (will the alert actually happen, I don't know :scratchin)

http://www.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/?utm_source=Photography&utm_medium=Disney&utm_campaign=Photography

Only about 48 hrs til us Silvers can check-in and book :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Sam is fine! I can't wait to check in for the cruise! I can't believe I just booked it and we're already at that stage :scared1: my other cruises have been at least 10 months or more in the planning!

My dh and I haven't even had a chance to sit down and discuss excursions as I went out of town the day we booked the cruise and since I came back Tuesday we've been on opposite schedules, dh working 6am to 3pm and me working 3pm to 11pm. We've not been home awake together in over a week... No wonder we need a vacation ;)

We have an hour or two to discuss plans tomorrow morning before I have to go to work and then I'll get us checked in on Saturday evening at work as the time difference works in my favour. I can check in at 10pm my time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter