• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

may 21 sailing and rough seas?

my2kids

Mouseketeer
what happens if you can not dock at CC? it looks like it will be rough weather for our whole cruise from the 21st to the 24th. Do thunderstorms make for rough seas?

If you can't dock at CC you will have a day at sea. Activities will be planned on the ship.

OH NO i should not have read this thread because i am on the same ship.

I also have 2 rooms booked at comfort inn in Nassau...thats over $500.....i have til tonight to cancel.

DCL are far better than any other cruise line on this as they have a dock for their private island, most others have to tender in so in rough seas that stops far quicker...

I'm on same ship and checked weather this morning, all I saw is chance of T-storms everyday but it is summer and that's pretty common.

I called DCL and they told me if its light rain/ sprinkles...yes they will go in to CC and most likely no for thunderstorms...all up to the captain to be decided that day. UGH. Weather.com says 80% precip and thunderstorms for Nassau.

Do they have a pool cover? ...just thinking. I know some ships do.

Now i am going to spend the next couple days praying for sun!!!! I am thinking it will all go out to a "different sea" ; )

I saw about the rough seas on the weather channel. It said 30 knot winds and rough seas.. who knows maybe it will pass thru before we leave..:rolleyes:

When we were on the Wonder in Jan and could not dock, the Captain said it was because of the winds. He said the ship has the thruster power (there are no tugboats there to help) to handle 30 knot winds...the winds that day were 35-40 knots

We're on the same ship....this would be too bad.....oh well, at leas it is still a DCL cruise!

what happens if you can not dock at CC? it looks like it will be rough weather for our whole cruise from the 21st to the 24th. Do thunderstorms make for rough seas?

according to the local new in Orlando there is a "tropical disturbance" in the Bahamas should be through and heading are way in the next few days

How often does that happen where the ship can't dock an Castaway Cay? We will be going on our first cruise next May and from everything I have read that is one of the biggest highlights of the cruise! That would be terrible if it would have to be missed.

Praying for good weather on the 21st also! I can't believe we may be seeing tropical characteristics in May. This is why we didn't book during hurricane season. All I have to do is laugh and say "you are kidding right?"

I am really hoping we can dock in CC but I guess there is nothing we can do but wait and see. :sad2:

We went on the 4 day Wonder a year ago in mid April. We had a fluke cold front come through as we were leaving and while our day in Nassau was beautiful but when the captain tried to get to Castaway he couldn't because the currents were too strong. I will give him credit, he tried over and over but it did not work. He tried the next day and same problem. The worst part was that it was beautiful and sunny outside, although cooler than expected. We got so close that with the added zoom of my camera I got pretty good pics of the flying dutchman.

My only regret is that we spent two days trying to get into the dock instead of just accepting it was not going to happen and have alternate activities.

We are going for attempt #2 leaving this Sunday. I have my fingers crossed too. I will begin to think Disney does not want me there.:sad2:

How often does that happen where the ship can't dock an Castaway Cay? We will be going on our first cruise next May and from everything I have read that is one of the biggest highlights of the cruise! That would be terrible if it would have to be missed.

It might happen in 3-5% of attempts but that is just a guess. It can happen any time of year as well. Someone once did a survey of each cruise DCL had done since they started and reported the results but that is no longer available on line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter