1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

May 21-28 POR with QSDP and pics!!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by gobraves39560, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Luvmepluto

Luvmepluto "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tr

I love POR......keep the pictures coming!!! I have also enjoyed portorleans.org!:banana:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. gobraves39560

gobraves39560 Mouseketeer

Awesome.. we are in Long Beach!!! I will be posting more pics tonight once the kids are asleep!! Momma time!!! haha.. you will love POR!!

4. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

Thanks for you review on the QSDP we just added it to our room only at WL along with a 1 day tickets. We did keep 2 adr's character meals for the kids. But no more having to be somewhere at a certain time!

5. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

Yay count me in :banana:....I love your trip report so far. We are going to be staying at POR in September for FD but we upgraded to DxDDP and cannot wait. This will be our second time staying here and it is by far one of my favorite resorts. We were just there in March and stayed at POFQ, my DH loves that resort because of the size. Can't wait to read more of your report :goodvibes

6. gobraves39560

Thank yall for the compliments. I was kinda nervous starting this, and not knowing what to say.. but.. it is Disney.. and with Disney, I have alot to say!! Its just Disney-er-if-ic!!!:woohoo:

7. gobraves39560

Soo... I found some more pics of the pool on my phone!!! Yay!! Have to post these!! I love the main pool with the slide.. get there early for a chair, or on the weekday, it seemed easier to find a place.

[​IMG]

That's my baby going down the slide!!:thumbsup2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SassyLassy

SassyLassy DIS Veteran

Love your pics! We love POR but are finally thinking of buying DVC so we are renting to points this time to try it out and staying at BWV but I know I will miss POR!

Thanks for the suggestion of Wolfgang's. I have not been there before and will make a note to try it this time after seeing your pics!

9. gobraves39560

I gotta tell yall about a freak accident that happened to Lexi at Magic Kingdom:sad2:

She fell into the concrete of a water fountain and hit soo hard. We rushed her to First Aid at the front of the park. The nurse was wonderful. She took her into and out of light, and really cared for her!!! I guess that even accidents happen at the Happiest Place on Earth!!! At first she wanted to leave but DH bought her some ice cream, and rested for awhile, and she was ready to go again!! Now that's how u keep a kid awake. Bring them to Magic Kingdom!!:dance3:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Ice Cream!!!!!!:banana:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. gobraves39560

A fun shopping place is the Outlet Mall right by Disney entrance.. off of I-4. It had soo many great stores!! We have a big outlet mall here.. so I am big on them. My fave store.. Disney Outlet.. haha

[​IMG]

11. gobraves39560

Great!! I am JEALOUS!!! I almost rented points but was nervous!! Let me know how it goes!! Are u still able to do the dining plan? Pls. send me some Creme brulee... I love it from there!!!!! J/K!!! :rotfl2:

12. gobraves39560

I promise!! It is so much easier without having to plan around meals. Have fun!!!

13. gobraves39560

I also had some pics. of our fun night at DD on my phone. It was so much fun!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

Boy, that is quite the egg on your daughter's face :eek: I am glad she was o-kay :tinker:

15. disnut1149

disnut1149 DIS Veteran

Hi
    I love your trip report. Your DD's head looks so sore!! Poor little girl!! Both your kids are so cute. Could you tell me a where the dancing is at DTD? I've never been there at night, and it looks like a lot of fun. My DGD would love it.
    Thanks

16. gobraves39560

Sure thing!! It's in Pleasure Island!!
    The party will take place at the West End Plaza on Pleasure Island. Celebrate Tonight! hours are 5 PM to 11 PM Sunday through Thursday and 6 PM to Midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
    Loads of fun!!!!http://www.wdwinfo.com/downtown/pi/

17. VickiVM

VickiVM <font color=blue>Not above flirting with Tag Fairi

I remember back in the day when Pleasure Island would have "New Year's Eve" party every night like on the hour every hour. This sounds similar.

18. Hooked On The Mouse

Hooked On The Mouse DIS Veteran

Your poor baby! That bump looks so painful. I hope it didn't hurt her for long. Is the Disney Store at the outlet good? Do they have very many costumes or clothes for kids?

19. gobraves39560

Ooo Sorry I meant my fave store at my homeplace Outlet Mall. I didn't go in the one there... really didn't see it, but maybe I just missed it. If u are driving.. I like going to the Wal-Mart near Disney and getting clothes. All kinds of Disney souvie's and such! Last year we did go to a Disney Outlet store on a main Rd. I gotta look up where it was... I can't remember!!

Ok.. so here is some info. I remember seeing it now. This was at the end of our trip!! $800 worth of Disney merchandise spent at Disney World... so did not need to go in there!! lol

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/03/a-quest-for-treasure-at-disney-worlds-outlet-stores/

20. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the great review. The pool looks awesome. DD asked if we could stay here. It would save me around 800.00 so since we are doing the QSDP I may consider it. I love WGP. Going to sleep on it.

Did you do any character dining at all ? We have 2 that we will keep since I'm not a big fan of waiting in line for characters.

21. pinkxray

pinkxray DIS Veteran

I just found your TR. We were at POR May 22-28. I swear I see my DH and DD in one of your pool pics but they are a little small to be 100% sure.

We loved POR but we also stayed in a 2 bedroom unit at Lake Buena Vista Resort May 28-June 1 and it was so nice to have some extra space.

Looking foward to more.