May 2017 Discount Watch

I believe it's Star Wars Weekend
I thought Star Wars Weekends ended last year. I know when I called Disney to see if I could extend my bounceback, she couldn't figure it out either. Especially since I'm booking from Wednesday, checking out Saturday. I can wait until Passholder rates come out and see if I can save a little more. I just found it odd about availability.

Booked YC 5/20-5/27. First real WDW booking in nearly 6 years. These little discounts are all cute & nice but I sure do miss the 40% off deluxe days. LOL! Eh, the "kids" are getting older now (21 & 19). They want the nostalgia. I would've paid rack. The 20% is all lagniappe.
This is me. First time back in 4 years. I'm only taking my youngest who will be almost 13. We've been 7 or 8 times, but always got 35-40% off. In 2009 after the market crash we got 45% off at the Poly. The prices are a little shocking, but were staying at the Beach Club in May. We did get 30% off with a special deal, but with the rise in rack rates and ticket prices it doesn't seem that great to me. I think I'm paying more for a standard room then I used to pay for club level. I know I'm paying more for room and tickets then I did for our Med cruise this Summer. "Oh well" it's not something were going to do every year so I'm choosing to ignore how much I'm paying and just enjoy the trip with my son.

This is me. First time back in 4 years. I'm only taking my youngest who will be almost 13. We've been 7 or 8 times, but always got 35-40% off. In 2009 after the market crash we got 45% off at the Poly. The prices are a little shocking, but were staying at the Beach Club in May. We did get 30% off with a special deal, but with the rise in rack rates and ticket prices it doesn't seem that great to me. I think I'm paying more for a standard room then I used to pay for club level. I know I'm paying more for room and tickets then I did for our Med cruise this Summer. "Oh well" it's not something were going to do every year so I'm choosing to ignore how much I'm paying and just enjoy the trip with my son.
Feel ya. In another year my oldest will be 900 miles away at college. Youngest, I suspect, may join the military. I'm just not looking at the dollars. Time is short.

Well, I had to do a split stay. I had booked a bounceback at Pop Century (that was all that was available) for May 10-13. Then when I tried to add a day, there was nothing available. On line I was able to get All Star Music for the first night with a discount, but I could not book all 3 nights at any All Stars. Does anyone know why the All Stars are so busy? This was the same result back in November - nothing for All Stars for May 11 or 12th.

I read somewhere that there's a cheer competition. So, that's probably why.

Several of the Values are doing maintenance during that time. I was baffled why I was having so much trouble finding the assessable room category I need. Across all the Values there were very few rooms to offer with my dates May 13 to 25 and May 25 to June 2. (me and my kid through the 25th then hubby joins us)

I had noticed the refurbishment notice at the top of the page but the last time I looked at it It was only for the pools. I looked again the other day and saw rooms are going through maintenance too.

I'm thinking the expected finish time may be around mid May because I kept putting in different dates and around the 16th more options were opening up.

After looking a couple of days in a row I found what I needed at the pop for the first reservation and the sports for the second reservation. I intend on checking regularly and hopefully I can get the Pop for the 2nd reservation so hopefully we won't need to change rooms.

Well, I had to do a split stay. I had booked a bounceback at Pop Century (that was all that was available) for May 10-13. Then when I tried to add a day, there was nothing available. On line I was able to get All Star Music for the first night with a discount, but I could not book all 3 nights at any All Stars. Does anyone know why the All Stars are so busy? This was the same result back in November - nothing for All Stars for May 11 or 12th.

Last edited:
This is me. First time back in 4 years. I'm only taking my youngest who will be almost 13. We've been 7 or 8 times, but always got 35-40% off. In 2009 after the market crash we got 45% off at the Poly.

We started going yearly in 2000. Back then we could get into the WL for $160 a night and the Poly $200 a night. Those were the days.

At some point we decided we liked longer trips more than the deluxe hotels so we moved to the Pop, which we love.

I was planning to do a week at a deluxe this year for our 25th wedding anniversary but sadly somewhere along the way I became more financially responsible (for my family) anpd I just can't bring myself to pay those prices anymore.

Yes, it is a cheer competition. The D2 Summit is that Fri-Sun. They haven't released any AS rooms to the general public. There was very limited availability at Pop before the discount came out this week, and the AoA suites are available. I suspect that after a certain time, once most of the sports packages are booked, they will release extra rooms to the general public. However, I would choose a different resort that weekend. Coronado Springs is $166/ nt with the current discount, and will have a much lower percentage of cheerleaders!

No, these are general public offers. May 10-16 on the main Disney site. Fun and Sun Room only and package offers give identical rates.

Yes, it is a cheer competition. The D2 Summit is that Fri-Sun. They haven't released any AS rooms to the general public. There was very limited availability at Pop before the discount came out this week, and the AoA suites are available. I suspect that after a certain time, once most of the sports packages are booked, they will release extra rooms to the general public. However, I would choose a different resort that weekend. Coronado Springs is $166/ nt with the current discount, and will have a much lower percentage of cheerleaders!
OK, now it makes sense. Thankfully I'm getting there slightly ahead of the competition. At least I got the Fun and Sun Room for one night at All Stars and the bounceback at Pop for the other 2 - so I did get a discount. I'm heading to a cruise on Saturday - it's all good.

We started going yearly in 2000. Back then we could get into the WL for $160 a night and the Poly $200 a night. Those were the days.

At some point we decided we liked longer trips more than the deluxe hotels so we moved to the Pop, which we love.

I was planning to do a week at a deluxe this year for our 25th wedding anniversary but sadly somewhere along the way I became more financially responsible (for my family) anpd I just can't bring myself to pay those prices anymore.
I believe it was 2010 when we made or first trip. It was after the housing debacle, stock market crash and bank bailout. We spent 10 days at the Poly 2 adults and 2 kids, deluxe dining and wine plan for 5,300. Yes those were the days. We've traveled all over the world, but this is still one of our most memorable vacations. My kids were 6 and 8 perfect age for Disney. We loved eating at all the signature restaurants. I'm not sure what that would cost these days, but I'm guessing more than double.

Ended up switching our trip from Boardwalk standard view to AKL club level savannah view. Honestly it's really cheap! Only about $1000.00 (give or take) more! Excited to try a new place as well! Never gone in May before either.

Any chance Disney releases any additional VALUE rooms for the RO discount? Currently I have RO discount for CBR (May 9-18) as I was not able to get any VALUE rooms for the same dates.

Hi all! Joining in here. We can't go until May 2018 so I am going to live vicariously though you all in the meantime. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter