May 2016 Car Rentals

WOW thanks!! I got a mid size for $129, May 8-15, which was better than I could get. the codes are a little funky, but it allowed me to do my skip the counter ticket, I arrive pretty l hope they just ask me no questions.

Day-Day I got all the way to pay so I didnt have to go to the counter entered my cc and said could not process it at this time. I am not sure why?

Day-Day I got all the way to pay so I didnt have to go to the counter entered my cc and said could not process it at this time. I am not sure why?

I was hoping that wasn't the case; does not sound good. I may try to finish it off and see if it will take my payment.

What is the cancellation policy? I don't think this is the same as "Pay Now" which I read has a $5 charge if cancelled more than 24 hours out and a $10 no-show fee if within 24 hours. Also, I saw the online check-in does not charge the credit card until after the vehicle is returned; I'm guessing for now that it can be canceled with no fee???

Maybe the issue is with an extra driver. Mine shows extra driver is included but I don't remember seeing a way to enter information for the extra driver. Did you see anything on this?

Last edited:
So is it the coupon that is an issue? I've always paid prior with no problem. I'll be watching this so that I can make some adjustments if necessary.

Trying to figure out how to remove the CDW and I don't see where to do it...WHen I go into my reservation and click modify, the only options I can see which are changeable are my information, dates, car choice. There is a modify button next to the heading "Your Choices" which lists the CDW under there but when I click on that, there is no option to take it off. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

on the $35 off coupon it doesn't say it needs to be presented. Would like to know where the coupon originated from then may I could tell if its the coupon

Trying to figure out how to remove the CDW and I don't see where to do it...WHen I go into my reservation and click modify, the only options I can see which are changeable are my information, dates, car choice. There is a modify button next to the heading "Your Choices" which lists the CDW under there but when I click on that, there is no option to take it off. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

with the VB code, appears not able to remove.

dwardlaw - did you google the coupon code, usually wll pop up if a code meant for public.

jmho but some coupons may trigger a visit the counter via a default. I've removed ones in the past & subbed other on same booking and been able to use kiosk vs counter.

The "add ons" (taxes) show when you click again on the "reserve this car" button. It was showing something like $60 for base rate. My daily rate is $7.99/day......I cannot remember the last time it was that low. I also logged in with my Dollar Express member number.....but the low prices were showing even before I did that.

I found the AD8183SDM coupon for the $35 off on this site ww.free-shiping-coupons.net/alamo-rent-a-car-coupon-code/
They had a lot of codes and told you if they are connected to specific credit card eat

DOLLAR dropped again this morning......$114 for full size Sat. to Sat. Click on city special. First week of May.

I dont see where dollar has dropped, its still over 300 for our dates in may 3-8. even city special is ridiculous still

I dont see where dollar has dropped, its still over 300 for our dates in may 3-8. even city special is ridiculous still

My dates are Sat to Sat (4/30 - 5/7)...they are still low. I plugged in your dates....unbelievable that they are so high. I wonder if it is because of the length of my reservation? I'm thinking someone pushed the wrong button for my dates. The cheapest I ever got was maybe $9.99/day.

I check three to four times a day. Good luck, I hope you find something cheap soon.

Okay, I used the 7016427 and the $35 Alamo coupon code. I don't think I have the CDW, but can someone take a look at this screenshot and tell me if I do? Sorry, I am just not sure where to look. If it would be shown in another part of the reservation, let me know and I will look there. Thanks for your help!

Also-I just checked costco again and rates are still high on most everything. However, for my dates which are 5/21 thru 5/28, their rates on standard suv's is around $280 for the week. I don't need one but maybe that will help someone else.

upload_2016-3-16_15-59-26.png

Last edited:
Okay, I used the 7014627 and the $35 Alamo coupon code. I don't think I have the CDW, but can someone take a look at this screenshot and tell me if I do? Sorry, I am just not sure where to look. If it would be shown in another part of the reservation, let me know and I will look there. Thanks for your help!

No, you do not have the CDW included. You are correct in that it would have shown on this page. :thumbsup2 My car rental has the CDW included and on this page it has EXTRAS and a PROTECTION column indicating CDW is included.

So, I used the 7014627 and the $35 coupon on Alamo and priced a mini van one way from MCO to Cape Canaveral on 5/6. It shows a rate of $15.58 total with taxes and fees. Sounds too good to be true. Should I be worried?

So, I used the 7014627 and the $35 coupon on Alamo and priced a mini van one way from MCO to Cape Canaveral on 5/6. It shows a rate of $15.58 total with taxes and fees. Sounds too good to be true. Should I be worried?

I see that if I change my week reservation to a 1 day (like you, also a 1 way) rental. In fact, I could get a full sized for $5.62. I think their site forgot to put a constraint on the coupon such as 'minimum 3 day rental period'. I'd be too curious not to take it and see what happens. Have a backup ready just in case they won't honor it.

Reiterating what others have said - it would be nice to know where these codes originated. Things like minimum rental period and any specific required payment method would be helpful.

Last edited:
So how does a backup work? I would need to make another reservation, right? Wouldn't I need to cancel it before pick up time so I wouldn't be charged for it?

I used the Alamo codes and coupon discussed here, and went all the way thru the screens, "checked in", and printed the "skip the counter" page, after entering my CC info. I do not think this means I PAID, though? I think they still put it on the CC as you exit the gate? Otherwise, what do you all mean by pre-paying Alamo rental?

thanks!

it is a pricing mistake, which i believe they don't have to honor. will they catch it, who knows? a back up res without associating a CC is a must-do.

quick google & you will find coupon terms are clearly stated as having a 5 day minimum rental period/expiring on 6/30, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter