May 2014 Discout Watch

My TA called and got me the 25% off CSR and the free days ticket. Saved 382.00.

Hi, thanks for sharing this info! I called my TA (AAA) and she said I would have to add days to my vacation to get the offer. We are staying at POP 4/22-4/25 and we booked through AAA adding 4 2-day tickets. She said to get the promotion, I would have to add days. Could I cancel getting the tickets through them (getting them through UT) and just book room only and get the discount? Again, my TA didn't seem to want to help out, so before I push her again, I want to make sure! THANKS!!!

Yes, you can get a room only reservation with the discount. You (really, your TA) will need to cancel your package reservation.

I just re-did mine and was given a 20% discount on the Contemporary. I thought it would have been 30 % but something's better than nothing. She told me to keep an eye out for other discounts. When I pressed her about it she kind of clammed up.

Hello Everyone,

I see people popping up with a Disney visa Card Discount for WDW Resorts, BUT I have looked all over the Disney Visa site trying to find this discount before signing up for one and I can't find it anywhere....

:confused:Help.... :confused:

Thanks! :worship:

Hello Everyone, I see people popping up with a Disney visa Card Discount for WDW Resorts, BUT I have looked all over the Disney Visa site trying to find this discount before signing up for one and I can't find it anywhere.... :confused:Help.... :confused: Thanks! :worship:

I couldn't find it on there earlier. All I did was call in and they applied it since I'm a card holder. I wouldn't waste the time today applying for one because come Monday these discounts should be released to the public, no matter if you have a Disney visa or not.

Hello Everyone,

I see people popping up with a Disney visa Card Discount for WDW Resorts, BUT I have looked all over the Disney Visa site trying to find this discount before signing up for one and I can't find it anywhere....

For some reason, the Disney Visa website hasn't been updated with the details of the discount. If you already had the Disney Visa, you can just call up and ask for the discount. You just have to pay the deposit with your Disney Visa card.

Since you don't have the Visa card already, and it's been posted that you can't get the number over the phone or online, you'd have to wait for the card to arrive in the mail. These discounts will be extended to the general public on Monday. Your best bet is to call first thing Monday morning.

Hello Everyone,

Agree with others. By the time you get it the offer will be made to the general public. I spoke to a cast member today who confirmed this. It seemed he was reading the information verbatim from an email or something and said for customers that do not have the Disney Visa booking can not begin until Jan. 6th.

Agree with others. By the time you get it the offer will be made to the general public. I spoke to a cast member today who confirmed this. It seemed he was reading the information verbatim from an email or something and said for customers that do not have the Disney Visa booking can not begin until Jan. 6th.

These boards are the best place to get advanced info. The emails from Disney Visa tend to go out quite late, after everyone who found out here has already made their reservations.

These boards are the best place to get advanced info. The emails from Disney Visa tend to go out quite late, after everyone who found out here has already made their reservations.

True. I've had my Disney Visa card for almost 6 years an I have yet to receive an email from them!

I couldn't find it on there earlier. All I did was call in and they applied it since I'm a card holder. I wouldn't waste the time today applying for one because come Monday these discounts should be released to the public, no matter if you have a Disney visa or not.

THANK YOU for the tip, I will check into that :) I already have a reservation, does CM have problems apply discounts to already existing reservations?

Okay, now I just booked the room only 20% visa discount for Sports... Can I ALSO get the free day park ticket (I'm planning on 7 days) or is it one discount only? If I can do both, is it a package? How much do I pay now vs. later?

Thanks.

I already have a reservation, does CM have problems apply discounts to already existing reservations?

No problem applying it to an existing reservation. I just did it today. :)
Just call, give them your reservation info and tell them you want to apply the new discount.

Okay, now I just booked the room only 20% visa discount for Sports... Can I ALSO get the free day park ticket (I'm planning on 7 days) or is it one discount only? If I can do both, is it a package? How much do I pay now vs. later? Thanks.

I saw (I think on mouse savers?) that it's supposed to be just one or the other.

I was also told by a CM this morning that it was to be one or another.

However, I've seen more reports of people being able to get both than not.

I originally had a package with only the room booked and they had to cancel it in order to get my discount to apply... If I can also get the ticket discount, how do I do that?

Okay, now I just booked the room only 20% visa discount for Sports... Can I ALSO get the free day park ticket (I'm planning on 7 days) or is it one discount only? If I can do both, is it a package? How much do I pay now vs. later?

Thanks.

You can get both if you book a package. You have to purchase a minimum of 4 day tickets and you get the 5th day for free. If you call back to change your ressie to a package, they will have to cancel the RO reservation and book a new package reservation. My understanding is you cannot get the ticket offer unless you are booking a room as well.

For a package reservation, you pay a $200 deposit and the balance is due 45 days before check-in.

What time will they be accepting calls Monday morning? I'm already booked at WL, do you think I'll have a problem getting this switched over?

You can get both if you book a package. You have to purchase a minimum of 4 day tickets and you get the 5th day for free. If you call back to change your ressie to a package, they will have to cancel the RO reservation and book a new package reservation. My understanding is you cannot get the ticket offer unless you are booking a room as well.

For a package reservation, you pay a $200 deposit and the balance is due 45 days before check-in.

Wish the CM explained this to me... She was very nice, but I had a package originally and she couldn't get the room discount to apply to it, so cancelled that and gave me a room only since that's what I was asking for... didn't realize I could get both... Now I want to call back but not sure how to word things. :)

But, I'll need to decide if saving $40 on the 7th day ticket for 4 of us is worth having to pay 45 days earlier. :)

This might seem like a silly question, but when the deal goes public on Monday, can it be booked online? It seems like everyone keeps referring to "calling" a CM on the Disney number to take advantage of the deal. Can I get on the computer at say, 7am, Monday morning and take advantage of the deal that way or do I HAVE to call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter