May 2014 crowds

KiwiMouseGirl

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on crowds during early May 2014. The last trip I took was during the last 2 weeks of April 2012, with Easter being the 8th of April. Crowds were low, and with effective touring plans we got through a lot in the 3 days we had at the parks. We were originally going to travel on the same dates but with Easter being on the 20th April next year, we moved the trip back to try and avoid the crowds. Our travel dates are 5th-21st of May. We know that we will catch Grad nights near the end of our trip, and expect it to be busier then, but are just wondering if it will be "busy" the whole time. We will be lining up before opening every day we have at the parks, are fast walkers and will be making the most of fast passes, so I know we will still get everything done. We will also have 10 day hopper passes, but don't plan on using all of the days, maybe about 7,

The crowds during the weekdays will still be light. Sometimes there are refurbs during this time for some rides in order to get ready for the summer.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on crowds during early May 2014. The last trip I took was during the last 2 weeks of April 2012, with Easter being the 8th of April. Crowds were low, and with effective touring plans we got through a lot in the 3 days we had at the parks. We were originally going to travel on the same dates but with Easter being on the 20th April next year, we moved the trip back to try and avoid the crowds. Our travel dates are 5th-21st of May. We know that we will catch Grad nights near the end of our trip, and expect it to be busier then, but are just wondering if it will be "busy" the whole time. We will be lining up before opening every day we have at the parks, are fast walkers and will be making the most of fast passes, so I know we will still get everything done. We will also have 10 day hopper passes, but don't plan on using all of the days, maybe about 7,

When I look at a schedule for that time frame, here are some of the events I find.

May 5th Cinco De Mayo

Sun, May 11, 2014....... 8 out of 10..... May 11th Mother's Day

Fri, May 16, 2014 ...... 6 out of 10..... Grad nite
May 16th to 18th Bat's Day Weekend
Sat, May 17, 2014...... 6 out of 10..... Grad nite

Wed, May 21, 2014...... 4 out of 10..... Grad nite

You should be able to find 7 to 10 fine days in the parks.

Have fun

Geemo

I'll be joining you in the parks May 10-16 for my 40th birthday celebration:cool1:!! I've never been in May, I hope it's a good time and the crowds aren't crazy. I have noticed that a few hotels (through get away today) are already booked on the 15th. I wondered about cheer groups or the like, so far nothing shows on the Anaheim Convention schedule in that time frame.

Spring breaks will be over so crowds should be decent during the week. I would prepare for crowds on Friday evenings for Grad Nights. You should be able to have a great time! Enjoy!

If you have 7-10 hopper days you will be more then fine! I'm jealous, wish I could go for that long!

When I look at a schedule for that time frame, here are some of the events I find. May 5th Cinco De Mayo Sun, May 11, 2014....... 8 out of 10..... May 11th Mother's Day Fri, May 16, 2014 ...... 6 out of 10..... Grad nite May 16th to 18th Bat's Day Weekend Sat, May 17, 2014...... 6 out of 10..... Grad nite Wed, May 21, 2014...... 4 out of 10..... Grad nite You should be able to find 7 to 10 fine days in the parks. Have fun Geemo
Hi Geemo! Looking at your events I notice grad nights on both Fri May 16 & Saturday May 17. Do you happen to know what that means for the entertainment schedule? Will it mean that certain shows will not be happening at all that weekend (excluding Sunday)? That just so happens to be our only Fri & Sat in the parks this year so I'm curious as to what to expect. We are heading home on Sunday. In recent years we've always been in the parks over Halloweentime & Christmastime. Thanks for any info you (or anyone else) has for me! :)
ETA: I just did some googling & I see that the party is over in DCA. When we went on our first trip with the kids many moons ago, grad night was in DL. I was concerned that we weren't going to be able to see Fantasmic on this trip but I guess that won't be an issue unless it's dark for other reasons. :)

My family will be in DLR May 11-17. I have been there the first week of May before and the crowds were light.

We haven't booked flights yet as we are waiting for a deal to come out, but hotel reservations have been made! YAYAYAYAY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter