May 2013 resales summary

dmunsil

Disney Uber-Nerd
I just wanted to get the whole thing in one handy chart. I did a couple of things to regularize the numbers a bit, so these numbers are slightly (very slightly) different from the numbers I gave in some of the single-resort posts.

I settled on median rather than mean, because it seems like a better measurement. For those who are not steeped in math, "median" means that half of the sales were for higher prices and half were lower. This is different from the "mean" which can be thrown off by a few really high or really low prices.

I used the "round down to the nearest dollar" approach for all of the resorts, because most of the time it actually corrected the price, for the deeds where there was actually a sale price listed. I assume there are at least some deeds where the true price was some fraction of a dollar and now I've "corrected" it wrongly, but I think more often than not whole dollar prices are correct.

So this is the median price paid by people buying resale, and the median price paid by Disney under their Right of First Refusal (ROFR) clause, for all of the deeds recorded during May 2013. For detailed breakdowns, look for the posts titled "BWV resale prices May 2013" and similar.

Remember that because of delays in recording, these prices were actually negotiated and accepted about 2 months ago. Current prices appear to have gone up somewhat, so do not expect to offer these numbers and get accepted. You might, but don't bet the farm on it.

I would especially caution people to remember that most of these resorts had only a few ROFRs, and there is no hard breakpoint. There's no guarantee that if your bid is higher than the number here it will sail through, or that if it's lower it will be ROFRed. See my huge post about ROFR rates for more on that.

Code:
Resort  Sale    ROFR
AKV     $66.00  $45.00 
BCV     $75.50  $73.00 
BLT     $93.00  $89.00 
BWV     $69.00  $64.00 
OKW     $61.00  $60.00 
SSR     $62.00  $52.00 
VWL     $65.00  $60.00

Remember: for the sale prices, half of the accepted offers were higher than this and half were lower. Just because you paid $2 more than the number listed here does not mean you were robbed. :)

And if you paid $2 less, I don't want to hear about it because I paid $3 more and I was robbed! :lmao:

Really interesting, thanks again.

What I find most unexpected is how low the figure is for AKV, considering it is one of the resorts with a long expiration dates. I appreciate these figures are just over one month however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter