May 2012- Fantasyland Update?????

ajvaca

Mouseketeer
Hi All Disneygoers

I am planning a trip WDW for May 2012 and am well aware Fantasyland has and is going through major refurbishment until 2013ish. Does anyone know a great link that is staying up to date on when things will be closed and appx when attractions might be ready?

Much Magical Thanks

Hi All Disneygoers

I am planning a trip WDW for May 2012 and am well aware Fantasyland has and is going through major refurbishment until 2013ish. Does anyone know a great link that is staying up to date on when things will be closed and appx when attractions might be ready?

Much Magical Thanks

I would not expect anything "new" to be open by May.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2622159

Hi All Disneygoers

Much Magical Thanks

Storybook Circus, which is the new Dumbo area, MAYBE(and let me say that again MAYBE) open in May not I cant promise that. Construction seems to be going fast in that area of the park. But Be our Guest, Mermaid, and the mine coaster will not be open in May.

Hope that helps a bit.

i was there this weekend and took the train around fantasyland to try and get a glimpse- it looks like it is going to be impressive and they are working hard on it but it looks a long, long way from being complete...

Hmmm? That's slightly discouraging, I have a DS6 and DD9 and am wondering if postponing makes more sense. I am well aware there is plenty of other things to do but... After all it is Fantasyland. Then again it is WDW;)

just remember none of the current fantasyland attractions are closed..just new stuff isnt open...I wouldnt worry about postponing your trip unless you are mainly going to see the expansion

On the subject of nothing in fantasy land currently being closed . . . I'm assuming that eventually they are taking down Dumbo to move it to its new location, or are they just building 2 new dumbos and will take down the original after the Storybook Circus part is open.

Is there a hint as to when Dumbo will temporarily shut down?

On the subject of nothing in fantasy land currently being closed . . . I'm assuming that eventually

1- they are taking down Dumbo to move it to its new location,

2- are they just building 2 new dumbos and will take down the original after the Storybook Circus part is open.

3- Is there a hint as to when Dumbo will temporarily shut down?

1- Maybe.

2- Maybe.

3- Nope, but it may not matter.

They MIGHT build a single new Dumbo unit, open it up, THEN close the old one and move it next to the new one.

So, it's possible that they will start operating at least part of the new attraction before the old
one shuts down.

Multiple possibilities exist.

On the subject of nothing in fantasy land currently being closed . . . I'm assuming that eventually they are taking down Dumbo to move it to its new location, or are they just building 2 new dumbos and will take down the original after the Storybook Circus part is open.

Is there a hint as to when Dumbo will temporarily shut down?

The current rumor is that the current Dumbo will move to Storybook Circus. It will most likely be refurbished before it moves next to the shinny new one. There was a rumor of just buying two brand new ones and using the current one for parts, but that rumor seems to have died a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter