May 2011 Code Watch

Subscribing to this thread.

I was hoping for SSR for three nights (maybe renting points) before our May 07th, 2011 cruise (May 4th, 5th, 6th) but I'd switch to AKL if the discount for deluxes is good. I've never been there and I could swing either AKL or SSR for 3 nights. :)

We're in for 5/7-5/14 2011 room ressie's at Contemporary! Still deciding on keeping them there or if BLT opens we want to try switching there. Or maybe Poly. All depends on a discount!

We are going may 2 to 13 we are staying at the pop or at least we are hoping to just have to see what goes on my hubby has to have surgery and Family med leave doesn't pay much so hope a good pin or something wonderfull happens so we can for sure go

Planning on going for my bday which is May 6th. Its a big one.:scared1: Hoping for AKL CL but will have to see if I can get a discount on that-can be hard to book those rooms with a discount.

I just had foot surgery on Monday. Hope to get the other foot fixed around Thanksgiving so I'll be all set to go in May. This May on bday trip my feet were really killing me.

Anyone know when AAA might be out for 2011?

Star wars weekend is just at DHS. It was noticably more crowded from the 21-25 then the 15-20 even the poly pool was more crowded. I have read that the end of May is more crowded then the beginning. I'm sure it has to do with memorial day weekend, star wars weekend, and some schools being out. I know AZ schools get out May 20th this year. My kids are homeschooled so were going to push it up a week next year. I'd go in April but easter is really late this year.

Looks like you can now book package for 2011 trips. Man did prices shoot up. I'm hopeful that Disney will offer some type of room discount or free dining to help offset the cost. I'll take a room discount over dining as the room is the most expensive part of the whole trip. I'm hopeful of a 25%-30% off for a moderate.

Planning on going for my bday which is May 6th. Its a big one.:scared1: Hoping for AKL CL but will have to see if I can get a discount on that-can be hard to book those rooms with a discount.

I just had foot surgery on Monday. Hope to get the other foot fixed around Thanksgiving so I'll be all set to go in May. This May on bday trip my feet were really killing me.

Anyone know when AAA might be out for 2011?

AAA rates were made available this morning. :cheer2:

Hi All! Well, if you guys think YOU'RE planning early, we are looking to go in May 2012! Just checking out what offers become available this year to get an idea of what we might be looking at for the following year. It will be my 40th and my whole family (16 of us) will be coming down. Would love to go Deluxe, but without a discount that 'aint gonna happen. :lmao:

We're heading down May 7-21. First week we're hoping to stay at the Poly (fingers crossed for a good AP discount) and the second week we'll be staying at a moderate. Likely CS or CB. I'm leaning towards CS but it looks like you could be an awfully long way from the main building.

We've already got our passes, flights booked and deposits made. I can't believe we've already spent close to $3000 and the rooms aren't even paid for!

We're heading down May 7-21. First week we're hoping to stay at the Poly (fingers crossed for a good AP discount) and the second week we'll be staying at a moderate. Likely CS or CB. I'm leaning towards CS but it looks like you could be an awfully long way from the main building.

We've already got our passes, flights booked and deposits made. I can't believe we've already spent close to $3000 and the rooms aren't even paid for!

Yikes! But then again, you are staying TWO weeks. Lucky you!

Yikes! But then again, you are staying TWO weeks. Lucky you!

Thanks! The scary part is that the $3000 is only for flights ($1500), passes (AP+10 day MYW + PH = $840), and room deposits ($400). Okay, so it's more like $2800 after converting to Canadian $ but that still doesn't include a rental car (NEEDED for 2 kids!), the rest of the room payment and the dining plan. YIKES!!!

We are now booked for May 13th 2011 - May 23rd 2011. I'm hopeful of some type of discount or free dining as it is not going to be cheap. Bob Iger said they would not be offering discount in 2011, but I'm not sure they will be able to stick to that.

Does anyone know what, if any, discounts or offers they offered this May 2010?

AAA rates were made available this morning. :cheer2:
Thanks for the heads up!

Wouldn't you want to save Poly for last week? I wouldn't want to downgrade. Also have you seen that POR & CSR both have prefered booking categories for 2011?

We are now booked for May 13th 2011 - May 23rd 2011. I'm hopeful of some type of discount or free dining as it is not going to be cheap. Bob Iger said they would not be offering discount in 2011, but I'm not sure they will be able to stick to that.

Does anyone know what, if any, discounts or offers they offered this May 2010?
I got 45% off BWI CL with an AP rate. I can't remember if it was PIN or regular AP rate. I think it was a regular AP rate. I think I booked with a 40% PIN and then the 45% rate came out later.

Wouldn't you want to save Poly for last week? I wouldn't want to downgrade. Also have you seen that POR & CSR both have prefered booking categories for 2011?

We had been thinking about doing that but we have more family joining us for the second week and they won't be able to take advantage of the AP discounts. It's pretty much an extra $1000 to stay at the Poly for the first week with a 40% AP discount so we're (meaning DW) starting to waver. My arguments are that we don't have to pay for tickets for the kids and the littlest one is still flying for free at that point so if we ever want to stay at a deluxe resort we'd better do it now.

As for the preferred bookings...I did notice that and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $$$. We've stayed at POFQ the past two times so we're looking to get away from there and POR to try something new. For my family it's important to be closer to food at CSR than the pool so I'm wondering if I have a better shot at that in a preferred room with a request than a standard room with a request. What are your thoughts? Has there been any feedback as of yet on the preferred vs. standard rooms?

We had been thinking about doing that but we have more family joining us for the second week and they won't be able to take advantage of the AP discounts. It's pretty much an extra $1000 to stay at the Poly for the first week with a 40% AP discount so we're (meaning DW) starting to waver. My arguments are that we don't have to pay for tickets for the kids and the littlest one is still flying for free at that point so if we ever want to stay at a deluxe resort we'd better do it now.

As for the preferred bookings...I did notice that and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $$$. We've stayed at POFQ the past two times so we're looking to get away from there and POR to try something new. For my family it's important to be closer to food at CSR than the pool so I'm wondering if I have a better shot at that in a preferred room with a request than a standard room with a request. What are your thoughts? Has there been any feedback as of yet on the preferred vs. standard rooms?

I have never stayed at CBR or CSR so I really can't say anything about those. And with the preferred category new for 2011 I don't know if anyone really knows which rooms will be preferred. CBR has had preferred rooms for a while so I'm sure there is info on the Dis so you might find discussions about if they are worth it.

:wizard:Goodluck with your decision on the Poly!

CBR is pretty spread out also, I'd go with a preferred room. worth it to be close to the food. the food and the pool are in the same area at CBR. I still need to book my trip, hoping for a bounceback in october while we're there :) It's gonna be REALLY expensive for us, 7 people at BLT, with DxDDP. WOW!!! I think i'm looking at 8k. THank GOD i don't need a rental car, or plane tickets!!!

CBR is pretty spread out also, I'd go with a preferred room. worth it to be close to the food. the food and the pool are in the same area at CBR. I still need to book my trip, hoping for a bounceback in october while we're there :) It's gonna be REALLY expensive for us, 7 people at BLT, with DxDDP. WOW!!! I think i'm looking at 8k. THank GOD i don't need a rental car, or plane tickets!!!

$8000 without rental car or plane tickets? :scared1: But as everyone on these boards know it's money well spent! Nice work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter