• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2011 Code Watch

We have reserved our POFQ rooms for May 13-22. Figuring I would book early to have more time to pay it off! There's nothing like vacationing a prepaid trip. A PIN or Generel Discount would be great to have, I check mousesavers main page every day. Any other tips?

Hoping to be there for the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 On Stranger Tides movie release. JBruckheimer has been Twittering GREAT pictures from the set in Hawaii. Wondering if Disney will do anything special?pirate:

I booked Shades of Green from May 15th through May 22nd. I don't think I qualify for any discounts that might come out but I needed a suite and they were selling out.

I'm in too. Going May 15th to the 20th, hoping for a 40% off or some kind of discount. We wanna stay at the treehouses at SSR, and want to book as soon as possible to have time to pay it off. There will be 7 of us going!! That'll get expensive!!

Planning for May 26 - June 3. I've received all kinds of PINs for this year - hoping that means I get some for next year!

We are planning Apr 30-May 7 and praying some of the military discounts come through again for 2011! (and that my husband isn't deployed again....) Any discount at all would help!

My little one has a birthday May 3, and the older one Apr 24, so this will be a birthday present for both of them.

Amy

We are going down for our Honeymoon. This will be my first trip to Disney for more than one day. I am very excited, and looking at this site, a little overwhelmed. I mean I just found out today that we need to book our sit down meals 6 months in advance. Such a newbie! lol

I'm in!:cool1:
Actually have to decide on a solo trip in April for me plus the entire family in June.
or...... just me and DD in May!

and I'm sure the discounts (or lack of) will be part of the decision. :surfweb:

We booked the POP! Our dates are May 2-9 (Preferred room) & one night at Buena Vista Suites $99 mousesavers rate.

Total cost for Pop is $983.12

Still waiting for the park ticket and dining plan prices!

I REALLY hope they are going to offer some discounts/pins/etc!!!!

Terri

I called a few minutes ago and priced a standard room May 21-May 30 (9 nights) at Port Orleans Riverside. The total was $1822.50

$175.00 weeknight
$190.00 weekend

I have to speak to DH before booking. We were just there May 26-June 4 and it was so miserably hot I swore to everyone I knew that we would never go back at that time of year. I don't think I've ever been as hot!! :scared1: I am a Kindergarten instructional assistant so we're limited to when we can go.
I strongly considered Christmas 2011 but I don't think I can wait 17 months to go back.

Carla

We went last May for the first time and wanted to go back this september. BUT... we're pushing it back. I want to go in may again, just don't have definite dates yet. Still deciding. I'd love to go memorial day week because i'd like to check out star wars weekend and the 27th is my bday. BUT I'd also like to go more towards the beginning of May for the lower crowds.

I personally think the prices of these resorts are getting ridiculous. I mean, it won't be long before a night at a moderate resort, standard room, during regular season will be over 200 bucks.

You can count us in too! POFQ May 29 to June 5 or 6! Hoping for good prices, because we are traveling with several other families and teens! :)

May is my time of the year to go, so i'll be there. i'm planning on being there the 21-27. i hope they come out with some kind of a deal

This will be my family first time at WDW. We are planning for May 22-27. I called CM for a price quote. The POP perferred room is $678. I am wondering if they will offer any special such as free dining with 6 days/5 nights. Any little discount will help.:)

I called for some deluxe resort prices for May 23-28 (these are room rates only) and the rooms are for the cheapest views:

Animal Kingdom Lodge = $310 per night
Wilderness Lodge = $335 per night
Yacht/Beach Club = $385 per night

We're hoping to go May 7-13th next year (hoping that it will be back to regular season after Easter holiday prices). It will definitely be myself, DH, DS5, DD3, my Mom and Dad (in a seperate room). Still waiting to find out if my sister and her family will be joining us. I really want to discounts so that we can afford a deluxe and have a little extra space. I don't really want to have to go to bed when the little ones do!

Count me in! We are planning a surprise birthday trip for my DH and have planned to book May 12th-May 19th staying at the Pop. We are pretty flexible with our dates and would love to upgrade to a moderate so fingers crossed we'll get a deal!

For those who have received pins before how did you receive them? By mail or email? I've never received one. :(

I've only received a pin by mail once about 2 years ago. This past year I received about 3 pins by email. We are not going until May so I hope i'm so lucky as to get one more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter