May 2008--Everything's Coming Up Roses -- COMPLETE

1) What was DH's favorite thing about the trip? (OK this is the one I'll have to ask him about)

2) What was DD's favorite restaurant?

3) Which DVC will we try next?
a) Animal Kingdom
b) Wilderness Lodge
c) Boardwalk
d) Old Key West
e) Saratoga Springs

4) DD still talks about the ride vehicle of one of the rides she went on. Which one is it?

HINT: It's in Epcot.

5) Of all the things we didn't get to do below, which one did I miss the most? and the least?
a) Parades
b) Voices of Liberty
c) Japan Candy Lady
d) Shopping at World Showcase

1. Watching your daugher get excited in the parks

2. Hollywood and Vine Lunch with Little Einsteins

3. Old Key West

4. Clam Mobile from Nemo

5. You missed the most: Voices of Liberty
You missed the least: Parades

How did I do?popcorn::

I really enjoyed your final thoughts. You had some great tips in there:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing this with us.

I hope you get to go in October 2009, as we need another great Marshay Trip Report to look forward to :hug:

Thanks for the final quiz! :thumbsup2

1) What was DH's favorite thing about the trip? (OK this is the one I'll have to ask him about)

a) Animal Kingdom
b) Wilderness Lodge
c) Boardwalk
d) Old Key West
e) Saratoga Springs

4) DD still talks about the ride vehicle of one of the rides she went on. Which one is it?

5) Of all the things we didn't get to do below, which one did I miss the most? and the least?
a) Parades
b) Voices of Liberty
c) Japan Candy Lady

1. I think he'll say something like: "spending time with you and DD, and DD getting the special 'dreams' "

2. Hollywood and Vine?

3. Animal Kingdom

4. Spaceship Earth (because she liked when her face showed up on the monitor)

5. Most: Japan Candy Lady
Least: Parades

How'd I do this time?

wait! your face shows up on the monitor on SSE? That didn't happen for us. I wonder why? :confused3

1. Watching your daugher get excited in the parks
2. Hollywood and Vine Lunch with Little Einsteins
3. Old Key West
4. Clam Mobile from Nemo
5. You missed the most: Voices of Liberty
You missed the least: Parades
How did I do?popcorn::

I would have agreed with you on the #1 answer...but no.
Yes on 2.
No on 3 and 4
5a yes
5b no

Look for answers in next post.

I really enjoyed your final thoughts. You had some great tips in there:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing this with us.

I hope you get to go in October 2009, as we need another great Marshay Trip Report to look forward to :hug:

Thanks so much Sharky!! Hopefully there's a tip or two that will help your very-soon-to-be trip!!!

I'm going to be actively reading your pre/post trip for October -- you'll have to take lots of notes so I can learn from you, if we go next year.

Loved your trip report Marshay! Can't wait till you start the next one. Keep us updated about the little pirate pirate: ;)

Will do! Hopefully, I'll have more time on DIS land and everyone's TR, now that this is nearly over!

Thanks for the final quiz! :thumbsup2

1. I think he'll say something like: "spending time with you and DD, and DD getting the special 'dreams' "
2. Hollywood and Vine?
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Spaceship Earth (because she liked when her face showed up on the monitor)
5. Most: Japan Candy Lady
Least: Parades
How'd I do this time?

1. I would have agreed with you, but nope
2. yes
3. yes
4. no
5. no

Ok, so you did alright. Look for answers in next post!:goodvibes

wait! your face shows up on the monitor on SSE? That didn't happen for us. I wonder why? :confused3

yes, we rode 2 times and at the end where you can answer questions about your preference, you show up in a little cartoon on your vehicle and on the big screen. You can also send it to your email on the computers at the end of the ride.

I see you are at 10 weeks now and see your ticker has changed.

I love watching it week to week:goodvibes

Glad I got a few right this time:thumbsup2

Have you subscribed to our pretrip? I just restarted it this weekend

Is on the community boards since we chat so much:laughing:

I will agree with you guys that I thought for sure he'd say, watching DD enjoy the park or even the Segway tour b/c he said he'd like to do that again. However, I will be tactful: his answer was that he enjoyed the view from our balcony...:rolleyes1

She was just digging the Play-n-Dine Character meal -- you remember these photos! You got it both right!!
DSC_4356.jpg

DSC_4379.jpg

DSC_4354.jpg

a) Animal Kingdom
b) Wilderness Lodge
c) Boardwalk
d) Old Key West
e) Saratoga Springs

This was the famous "marshay trick question!" The answer is Animal Kingdom. Although we did already go to AK in Sept 07, the new Kidini Village opens up next year. This is supposed to be super cool, it's own pool playground, regular playground, restaurant, safaris, rooms, etc. I really hope we will be able to get in. Unfortunately, we won't be able to book the ressie until after we know the baby is fine which isn't much lead time when you're talking DVC...so realistically, we may just delay the vacation until spring 2010 or have to take whatever resort is available.

Test Track. She remembers that the car is a convertible car and whenever she sees one on the road, she'll say, "Mommy, that car doesn't have a roof on it...it's a convertible, just like Test Track!" It's amazing what things they remember!

a) Parades
b) Voices of Liberty
c) Japan Candy Lady

I always love hearing the Voices of Liberty but it seemed like we just weren't around the American Pavilion that much and they only sang in the afternoon anyway, which was our nap time. I'll have to make a special point to listen to them next time.

I was a bit sad (missed least) that I couldn't get to do any shopping at World Showcase. I always like to pick up a small bag or purse at China, little dishes at Japan aor candy treats in Germany. Oh well, probably much better on my wallet!

I see you are at 10 weeks now and see your ticker has changed.

I love watching it week to week:goodvibes

Glad I got a few right this time:thumbsup2

Have you subscribed to our pretrip? I just restarted it this weekend

Is on the community boards since we chat so much:laughing:

My next sonogram is Sept 9th. Since I am 38 years old, I am considered a "high risk" pregnancy. So we are going to have another ultrasound to make sure things are ok and to measure the thickness on the back of the head (down syndrome alert).

I will have to find your PTR. You guys, talk a lot??? Nah!! :rotfl2:

My next sonogram is Sept 9th. Since I am 38 years old, I am considered a "high risk" pregnancy. So we are going to have another ultrasound to make sure things are ok and to measure the thickness on the back of the head (down syndrome alert).

I will have to find your PTR. You guys, talk a lot??? Nah!! :rotfl2:

I hope all is well:hug:

Here you go:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1928931

yes, we rode 2 times and at the end where you can answer questions about your preference, you show up in a little cartoon on your vehicle and on the big screen. You can also send it to your email on the computers at the end of the ride.
We got to choose the options (planner vs. go as you like, under sea vs outer space, etc.) and it customized the ending for us, but without our pictures. We could see Mom's screen in front of us too, and hers also just had a little animated person there. I remember at the beginning where it says "look at the screen so we can take your picture" and we looked at this blank, blue screen, and our picture didn't appear. The ride got stuck in that part in the dark with the stars where you turn around backwards. I wonder if that's what "broke" it.

We got to choose the options (planner vs. go as you like, under sea vs outer space, etc.) and it customized the ending for us, but without our pictures. We could see Mom's screen in front of us too, and hers also just had a little animated person there. I remember at the beginning where it says "look at the screen so we can take your picture" and we looked at this blank, blue screen, and our picture didn't appear. The ride got stuck in that part in the dark with the stars where you turn around backwards. I wonder if that's what "broke" it.

could be. It was cute but you had to be sitting in an exact position in order to have your face fully appear correctly instead of the cartoon person.

Ok, unless anyone has any final thoughts or questions re: the May trip, I will send a note to the moderator to close this out :sad2:

Your Disney vacation truly is over when your TR is over.

Wait! I still have to scrap my pages -- woo hoo!! It's not over yet!!:rotfl2:

Ok, unless anyone has any final thoughts or questions re: the May trip, I will send a note to the moderator to close this out :sad2:

Your Disney vacation truly is over when your TR is over.

Wait! I still have to scrap my pages -- woo hoo!! It's not over yet!!:rotfl2:

Yay, there is still going to be more :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter