May 2008 code watch

These were the rates last year ( released on Feb 21st ):

They are for check-ins April 15 - June 2
Value Resorts for $74+
Moderate Resorts from $129
$101 off Deluxe Resorts per night

Are these AP rates or public codes rates:confused3

:tinker: I too am waiting for a code for the Poly. We are staying at the Riverside right now, but would change if a code came out. :tinker: Crossing my fingers..

Got an email reading "A special offer from Disney," so of course I'm like:banana: . Great offer, too--4 DVDs for $1.99.:sad2:

These were the rates last year ( released on Feb 21st ):

They are for check-ins April 15 - June 2
Value Resorts for $74+
Moderate Resorts from $129
$101 off Deluxe Resorts per night

DJ Disney Kid,

I noticed you have been to WL and POR. We loved WL, but are thinking of going to POR, just my husband and I. Will we be happy or disapointed stepping down. I am looking for a romantic flavor, mood setting, quiet(hopefully- never had any problems hearing neighbors at WL- are the rooms more insulated? How are the walls at the mods?) Oh, I love kids, but this is our get away, I don't want a place overrun with loud, obnoxious kids, hence a big reason we are not staying at a budget. I know you can't control that, but is POR usually calmer then say the Carribean. It seem I have heard that a lot of families go there. It seems I've read a mixture of people go to POR. Familes for the bedspace of 5 and couples. And I've read that conf. people go to Coronado Springs, so that is a good bet. But I think I would like to try Birnhams recommendation of POR as a romantic place, a good price for what you get and the most like a deluxe. Well I think I have heard that about Coranodo Springs too.(most like a deluxe) I think it sounds like a good choice, I just need some confirmations about my expectations. I'd love to stay at the Grand Floridian, but I don't want to spend that much money, yet anyways.

I appreciate all comments, thanks in advance.:grouphug:

Also thanks for the info!!

Sorry i'm new to this, we're not going til May of next year, but just wondering how this works. Even if you're trip is already booked you can still call and change it to the discounted rate? Thanks!!!!!!!!

DJ Disney Kid,

I noticed you have been to WL and POR. We loved WL, but are thinking of going to POR, just my husband and I. Will we be happy or disapointed stepping down. I am looking for a romantic flavor, mood setting, quiet(hopefully- never had any problems hearing neighbors at WL- are the rooms more insulated? How are the walls at the mods?) Oh, I love kids, but this is our get away, I don't want a place overrun with loud, obnoxious kids, hence a big reason we are not staying at a budget. I know you can't control that, but is POR usually calmer then say the Carribean. It seem I have heard that a lot of families go there. It seems I've read a mixture of people go to POR. Familes for the bedspace of 5 and couples. And I've read that conf. people go to Coronado Springs, so that is a good bet. But I think I would like to try Birnhams recommendation of POR as a romantic place, a good price for what you get and the most like a deluxe. Well I think I have heard that about Coranodo Springs too.(most like a deluxe) I think it sounds like a good choice, I just need some confirmations about my expectations. I'd love to stay at the Grand Floridian, but I don't want to spend that much money, yet anyways.

I appreciate all comments, thanks in advance.:grouphug:

Also thanks for the info!!

Funny, we did that very same thing some years back and I'll be perfectly honest. I was disappointed. BY far I could tell the differences in staying at a deluxe vs a moderate.

Although POR is a quaint area there's no comparison to the WL. Just the room alone is set up different. I thought the interior room at POR was similar to a motel set up with the closet area in the bathroom sink area opened. We had to keep the curtains closed because everyone walks right by your room and your window. WE actually had a corner room which was a bit roomier but when we stepped out there was the parking lot, no balcony to relax on. And, if it rained you better have an umbrella cause you'll need it all the way to your room.

We heard the family next to us at POR all different times a day. The connecting door only made it worse.

The main pool area was completely packed although I know WL's can get busy too it just had a whole different feel to it. Boatrights was ok but otherwise the only other choice was the food court.

Probably the biggest drawback is the transportation. You have to bus everywhere. You can take a boat to DTD but it does take a while and sometimes the waits to get on the boat are very long. At least at WL the boat runs frequently to MK. You are near the FW campground and CR which is right on the monorail line so there are lots of choices for dinner.

I know there will be others that will dispute my post but that's just personal preference. IF you do go to POR just don't have any expectations. It won't be the WL because it is a moderate but some people love the moderates. I'm just a deluxe snob (I found that out after our POR stay and haven't stayed at a moderate since).:upsidedow

If you're looking for a more quiet, laid back atmosphere I STRONGLY recommend a place like SSR or OKW. They are probably some of the quietest and relaxing resorts on property. The Swan is also another option.;)

Hey anyone know what the weather is like in the first wk in May? Can't be worst than august/september when we usually go. I'm crossing my fingers for low 90 or even 80's is that possable or is it just a wish like my chances of getting some type of code/discount for May:surfweb:
Laura

Hey anyone know what the weather is like in the first wk in May? Can't be worst than august/september when we usually go. I'm crossing my fingers for low 90 or even 80's is that possable or is it just a wish like my chances of getting some type of code/discount for May:surfweb:
Laura

We have been the 1st week of May a few times now (4 or 5 need to count to be sure) and it is is one of the best times of year to go in my opinion. Not too rainy, not too hot, not too cold. Mid 80's and sunny most of the time. Crowds aren't too bad either for WDW standards.

The weather is much less of a hit and miss as other times of the year.
May can't come soon enough if you ask me.

Hey people wanting to go in May. I am getting married in May and if anyone would like to cash in on my room discounts you are welcome to them,

They include
Yacht Club for $293.63 a night
Caribbean Beach Resort for $164.25 a night
All Star Movies for $105.09​

These prices include resort taxes. The prices are guarenteed over the 20th to the 24th but you can go beyond either way... I think. You just have to be there over the 23rd.
If you would like more info, PM me.

Anybody think that tomorrow could be the BIG Wendsday:thumbsup2
Wouldn't that be a nice suprise.Also does it rain alot in May in Orlando?
Laura

Anybody think that tomorrow could be the BIG Wendsday:thumbsup2
Wouldn't that be a nice suprise.Also does it rain alot in May in Orlando?
Laura

Crossing fingers and toes and hoping for a little pixie dust pixiedust: for a discount tomorrow!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter