May 2008 code watch

:rolleyes1 Waiting for a May AP Code.....

Booked 2 rooms at POFQ with AAA rate for May 16-23 at abt $164 (incl tax) a night each room. DH, myself and 2 grown DD's going so need 2 rooms.

DH & I are doing a vow renewal for our 20th Anniversary while there so it includes an annual pass for both of us---so hoping for an AP rate--might change resorts if I can get a good one.

Also celebrating grown DD's birthday there as it is the day before our anniversary----can't wait to go!:yay:

I just booked our May trip! May 17-22 at POP. Last year we got the free hopper upgrade, hoping for something this year as well!!

Hey we are going the 7th-14th, POFQ or POP depending on the my parents (who are coming along with my husband and I). I'm just curious as to what kind of AAA rate you got. We haven't decided yet to become memebers for the code or not because we aren't sure if the discount is worth it.

The total for 5 nights was $549 for Pop preferred. Sorry I don't remember the daily cost. But this is about $100 cheaper than rack rate.

Take Care

We are checking in at the end of May 2007 which is considered Summer Season. We are paying $118 ($133.23) for the first night, and $109 ($123.06) for the rest of the stay. It is a 10% discount using AAA for a All Star Movies Preferred Room. Tax rate is 13% at All Stars.

Still hoping for a code for May!

I *may* have asked this before, but where is the original source of the May code? I mean, I know that someone will post it here and it will probably be at the top of the main page in that little section, but where or how does Disney let people know of a code for a particular month? Is it sent via email through Disney Insider if you sign up for emails? Is it just posted on the Disney travel website?

Can Disney reservations apply a AAA code, if one is available, or do you have to reserve through AAA to get that?

My first post to this forum, even thought I "hawk" it all the time! :thumbsup2 We are going to The World .. May 21 - 26, 2008 ... it has been too long since we've been (Nov. 2001) -- sooooooo, we're squeezing it in -- what's the "code" business :confused3 :) we're booked into All Star Sports, it will be our first time staying on property, I usually do the booking outside the park and this time we also decided to use the My Way Package ... or whatever it is officially called! ... Pirates here we come pirate: Yo Ho! Char

My first post to this forum, even thought I "hawk" it all the time! :thumbsup2 We are going to The World .. May 21 - 26, 2008 ... it has been too long since we've been (Nov. 2001) -- sooooooo, we're squeezing it in -- what's the "code" business :confused3 :) we're booked into All Star Sports, it will be our first time staying on property, I usually do the booking outside the park and this time we also decided to use the My Way Package ... or whatever it is officially called! ... Pirates here we come pirate: Yo Ho! Char

Welcome to the Dis boards!! Watch this board as well as mousesavers.com as there can be all different kinds of savings you can find. For example, this section (codes) will show you room and package discounts. You may find flight discount announcements on the transportation section of this board, as well as rental car discounts etc.

Sometimes you may see two discounts on a disney stay. You can only apply one. You have to weigh them out. You may see a "room only" discount, maybe even 40%. Or, you may see one where you pay full (rack) price on your room, but when you add tickets and make it "package" you may get the waterpark plus or hopper option "free". You just gotta do a little math and see what works for you.

I think there are more opportunities for "slower" periods of travel, but I'm hoping and waiting for something to come out for May too!! Good luck!

And :welcome:
-mary
-mary

im going late may 27-31. Cant wait! How are the crowds that week after Memorial Day weekend? I know kids go back to school in Florida.

ps. whats everyone subscribing to? lol

Subscribing is a way to get updates when there are new posts to a thread. Under quick links (look just under your user name) near the bottom it says 'Subscribed threads' you click there and it has all your threads in a list on you user control panel. You are subscribed to any topic you post in unless you chose not to be in the drop down bar under the text box. (Scroll down a bit, it's there..) You can also subscribe without posting. Click thread tools and you can subscribe that way. Either way, it's a way to keep up with a topic you want more info on.

As far as the codes.......... it's less than 4 mos for many of us.....ee are very anxious here! I would love to save a bit on this trip so I can get our tix upgraded and make another trip next year. (Or......says the sneaky little vioce in my brain I just might be able to convince DH that we can do free dining if it's offered this year since our tix will already be paid for. :rotfl: )

cool. Thanks!

Subscribing is a way to get updates when there are new posts to a thread. Under quick links (look just under your user name) near the bottom it says 'Subscribed threads' you click there and it has all your threads in a list on you user control panel. You are subscribed to any topic you post in unless you chose not to be in the drop down bar under the text box. (Scroll down a bit, it's there..) You can also subscribe without posting. Click thread tools and you can subscribe that way. Either way, it's a way to keep up with a topic you want more info on.

As far as the codes.......... it's less than 4 mos for many of us.....ee are very anxious here! I would love to save a bit on this trip so I can get our tix upgraded and make another trip next year. (Or......says the sneaky little vioce in my brain I just might be able to convince DH that we can do free dining if it's offered this year since our tix will already be paid for. :rotfl: )

I'm hoping to be able to pinch some pennies for a bday celebration for me and DBF's 21st birthdays this year! I don't think we can manage without a decent code :sad2: I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!!

Has anyone called to see if codes are attached for the May periods... I would love to save a little bit...

I tried calling to see if there might be a pin attached to my name (this was the first time I ever asked), and was told no, but he could give me a special price for a room, but it was rack rate! I was like, yeah ok...nice try!

We'll have to keep watching I guess!
-mary

JTovey,

We are planning our first trip in May with two little ones, 3 & 5, how did you like the Coronado?

i wanted to book the Caribbean Beach resort but the main pool is under construction and my wife is concerned about that. I told her there are other pools there and at othe rresorts. your thoughts?

Has anyone called to see if codes are attached for the May periods... I would love to save a little bit...

I was planning a may trip but the 40% off does NOT include May this year :( So I'm going a little sooner than planned April 1-8.

Do we think that anything will come out for May? Other than a park hopper upgrade or whatever. I was really hoping to get a code. We went on the 40% last year in June and were able to stay at GF. Our biggest problem is neither DH or I can take the very first or last week of the month off so we are sort of trapped in the middle. And now I have ADR's at CRT for an 8:05 breakfast as well as several other ones that I'm really excited about. So I don't really want to change dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter