May 20-25: No lines and way too much food.

Thanks for the great reviews!!

We love Sunshine Seasons - the sandwiches are amazing and those desserts!!!!!:) :) :)

We had a not too brilliant experience at Le Cellier so haven't been back. Like you the number of tables was ridiculour, though you can understand why they squeeze them in. There were just the two of us but we felt we were on a table for 4 with the couple next door!!! Also our steak was grissly.:sad2: The breadsticks and desserts are lovely!

Once again we got to MGM at opening. I was the third person in the park once they opened up the turnstiles and had a "front rope view" of the opening :banana: . I was also in the first elevator on Tower of Terror and rode it a second time minus mom (who didn't really care for it, but she did try it!). This has got to be one of my favorite rides at WDW!!!

But on to the food... sorry!

We got hungry about 11am again, but due to FP times and other things grabbing our attention, we didn't eat until closer to 12pm. We were close so we grabbed some food at the Backlot Express. I was worried about lines, but there was no reason to be. It was quiet compared to everywhere else and I honestly can't figure out why.

Backlot Expess

Mom and I both had: Hot Dog served with French fries or carrot sticks and cokes.

I was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong, a hot dog IS a hot dog, but they were hot and juicy and the fries were hot and crisp. They were also bigger then I thought they would be. We lathered ours with ketchup and mustard and chowed down. They really hit the spot and were just what we needed to jump start us back up.

Food:4/5
Service: 3/5
Overall: 4/5

I was happy. This is a good place to stop when you need a bite to eat. I will go here on future trips for a nice, hot hotdog.

For dinner we had 5:30pm reservations at Hollywood Brown Derby. We arrived about 5:10pm, checked in, and waited until about 5:30pm. When we were seated, we had to deal with some annoying guests across the way but luckily they left before too long (lets take our shows off in a fine dining establishment and let our kids play around under the table!... you all know the kind.) and the rest of our dinner was in peace and quiet.

Hollywood Brown Derby

I had:
Grilled Fillet Mignon on warm new potato-cress salad with sherry vinegar and sweet tarragon-lobster butter, Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower on cocoa almond cookie and bananas "Foster", and a coke.

Mom had:
Split Roasted Half Chicken with rice pilaf, almond cranberry polonaise and maple vinegar sauce, Grapefruit Cake - A Brown Derby Original! Light Layers of Yellow Cake with fresh Grapefruit Cream Cheese Icing, a drink of some sort and coffee.

Guys, it didn't get better then this. This meal rated number 1 in our top 3 meals of the trip by both of us. It was amazing!

If you have one fillet while there, this is the one to have. It was great, juicy, tender, cooked to perfection! And the tarragon-lobster butter... *faints* So amazing. They did not cut corners and have real chunks of REAL lobster in there. *stomach growls just thinking about it*. The banana "thing" as we came to call it since the name is too darn long was also so good. I LOVE bananas and white chocolate and this really impressed me. You could taste all the parts of the desert, but at the same time they mixed so perfectly. I was in heaven!

Mom was surprised with how good the chicken was. In fact, she rated this chicken OVER the prime rib the night before. This is an amazing fact because she is a red meat type of person, and thinks chicken is... well... chicken! It was so full of flavor and so juicy. The pilaf was a bit sweet for me but she ate it right up. Just be warned it is a very sweet side dish so if you don't want something too sweet it may not be for you. The grapefruit cake was moist and light, with just a touch of tartness from the frosting. It was a perfect way to end the meal as it was not overly sweet. Mom also said this was the best coffee she had so if you are a coffee drinker, have no fear! :rotfl:

Food: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

This place is spectacular. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but I think you get every cent worth when you come here. Service was out of this world! The food was out of this world! I can not think of a better way to end a day at MGM. I will 100% be coming back here again!

I am glad you had such a great experience at Brown Derby. I have been there twice and enjoyed it both times. I think the theming may be one of the best on property. Last time our server was so technically correct that I felt a little uncomfortable. It was kind of funny. I was almost scared of him a little bit, like I was going to get in trouble. He kept moving my plates and glasses around to get them back in the correct positions. Who knows maybe I am just a slob or have gotten so used to eating at buffets and family style restaurants that I don't remember what good service really is.:)

I'm back! Sorry for such a long break, but getting over a horrible stomach something and even the thought of food was too much.

So finally we get to the best known park at Walt Disney World. We got there at opening and ran around like crazy people until lunch time. We stopped in Frontier Land At Pecos Bill's.

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe

Mom and I both had: 1/4-Pound Cheeseburger - served with your choice of fries and cokes.

They were decent. Nothing really amazing about them, but nothing to keep us away. They were hot and fresh, which for counter service is what I really care about. The fixins bar was great as I added some grilled onions and mushrooms to mine. Yummy!

Food: 3/5
Service: 2.5/5
Overall: 3/5

Next time I want to try somewhere else, not because it was bad here, but just for a change of venue. If I'm hungry and in this area, I would have no issue coming here for a meal at all!

We ran around some more and came upon a little shanty called Aloha Isle... I bet you all can guess what we had there...

DOLE WHIP FLOATS!!!

OMG these are my little pieces of heaven. I LOVE pineapple so these were the perfect things for me. So cool, so refreshing, and not at all too sweet. I so want one right now!

Dinner tonight was at Crystal Palace at 6:30. We checked in about 6:15 and waited until about 6:30 to be seated.

Crystal Palace

Obviously this is a buffet so it's hard to break it down into items. It was good, not great. I would skip this one again in a heartbeat. The food was all just kinda bland and nothing stood out. Now, the characters were wonderful! Eeyore though was a real prince! Even as two adults the interaction was great, though my mom thought it extreemly funny that a 25 year old would want her picture taken with the characters. After that interaction though, Eeyore has become my favorite character out of the bunch. It was just amazing and I was as giddy as the 5 year old at the table next to us!

Food: 2.5/5
Overall: 3/5
Character Interaction: 5/5

I will not be back again if it is just me and mom. I am glad I did this because meeting the characters really helped my mood (at this point in the trip my feet were so torn up with blisters that I had to go to first aid after dinner, so I was not doing too good). However, the food is just... eh. Nothing really to it. So, go for the characters and not the food.

Great reviews. I like that you say wether or not you would come back and your rating system. Looking forward to the rest.

We started the day today with opening at Animal Kingdom. If there is one thing I can not stress enough it is the importance of getting there at opening. Not only are the opening shows very cool, but you have no wait at the most popular rides. Personally, we FPed EE and headed over to Dinosaur first thing since we had to be at dinner at the Poly for a 5:30 seating at Ohana.

Lunch today was as Tusker House and it was already building a decent line when they opened.

Tusker House

I had: Fried Chicken Sandwich - served with steak fries and a coke

Mom had: Grilled Salmon served with jollof rice and seasonal vegetables and a coke as well.

This is an amazing counter service option... for those going before it closes down and gets turned into a buffet. What is up with that??? Grrrrr... anyways, the chicken sandwich was moist and crispy, with the dressing being just enough extra moisture to really round it out. Very good all in all. Mom absolutly LOVED the salmon, saying it was better then most expensive sit down restaurants. It was very tender and the vegetables were cooked crisp tender. Very very good.

Food: 4/5
Overall: 4/5

I would say we would come here again, but I won't be back at Disney before the changes. Makes me sad to see it go as it can be a very healthy and tasty option for a counter service meal.

Dinner tonight was at Ohana at the Poly. If you have an opening ADR or anything close to it... GET THERE EARLY!! The line for check in backed up past Kona and down the walkway... and they didn't start check in until MAYBE 10 mins before open! There is some decent seating nearby for the bar, but they don't push you out even if you do not want a drink. So get there early and relax.

Our ADR was for 5:30 and I checked in right about that time. We waited maybe 5 mins before being taken to our table...

I don't have a pic atm, but we got THE best table in the house. Right up against the window with a PERFECT view of Cinderella Castle!!!! I nearly cried and the seater seemed so happy he could make someone so excited. It helped make the night a truely memorable and magical evening.

Ohana

I'm gonna go ahead and paste the menu here and then talk about it. The meal is served family style and is simply amazing.

Starters

Fried Wontons served with peanut sauce, chimichurri sauce and harissa
Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing

Appetizers

Spicy-sweet and sour shrimp
Honey-coriander chicken wings

Skewers
Prepared over an oak fire

Marinated Sirloin Steak
Asian Barbecue Pork Loin
Mesquite Grilled Turkey
Hawaiian Pork-sausage with pineapple terriyaki glaze

Accompaniments

Maui Scalloped Potatoes
Stir-fried Vegetables

Dessert

'Ohana bread pudding a la mode with Bananas Foster Sauce

Okay, first the salad. The honey-lime dressing is very good and not as sweet as I had worried. All the ingrediants were fresh and crisp. The wonton chips were tasty dipped in the sauces.

The apps were the next course. Mom and I LOVED the chicken wings! The shrimp were just okay, nothing really that special and just messy.

They then brought out the potaties and vegetables. The potatoes were amazing, very cheesy but not sickenly so. It is so easy to make cheesy potatoes nasty by using the wrong cheeses and too much of it. These were perfect. The vegetables were good, but once again nothing to write home about.

Now the meat... the steak was my favorite. I ate 3 huge pieces of it. It was cooked perfectly medium and was so tender. It was REALLY REALLY good dipped in the peanut sauce. The pork loin was my next favorite which is funny because normally I HATE pork! For me to eat this and enjoy it as much as I did means it was wonderful. Also great dipped in the peanut sauce. The turkey was okay in my opinion, though my mom loved it more then the others. Neither of us cared for the sausage. It wasn't bad, but the rest was just so much better we decided not to eat it.

Dessert came out last and they actually gave us an option of the bread pudding OR the pinapple. As we were so full we just tried the bread pudding, but wanted to let people know it IS still an option. You may have to ask for it as another table did, but it is there. The bread pudding was good and may have been great if I hadn't been so full.

Food: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

The servers had this timed perfectly. We did not feel rushed, nor did we feel like we really waited for anything. The food was amazing... and the view just topped it all off. I would 100% go here again!

Great reviews still - 'Ohana sounds good. I love pork so love the sound of that barbecued pork loin :thumbsup2

Great review, thanks for taking the time to post. I'm also disappointed by the changes coming to Tusker House. That salmon is my favorite counter service meal of all time. AK always seems to get rid of my favorite foods. First was the awesome chicken satay stand they used to have in Asia and now Tusker House. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter