May 20, 2012- Dream cruise to the Bahamas

Hi Amanda,

Okay so I have tried to figure out what BLT is and I'm clueless..obviously it's not a sandwich though! I just booked to arrive on Saturday before the cruise (19th) and stay at All Star Movies. At this point I don't think we'll do any parks on that day, probably just hang around the pool/playground and relax and wait for the real fun to start on the next day!

By the way LotsaMickey started a group that a few of us are on now if you are interested (see post above).

Bay Lake Towers. Sorry about the acronym. It took me forever to catch onto them, and now I use them like teens use text abbreviations!

Facebook groups are awesome, but I am wary of posting too much on an open forum that can be seen by anyone. Thanks for the info, though!

Thanks Deb!!

By the way,, I think, BLT, is Bay Lake Towers, if I am not mistaken =)
I think, we will be staying at POP again, after the cruise, OR, Port Orleans OR Caribbean beach,,, cant decide LOL

Bay Lake Towers. Sorry about the acronym. It took me forever to catch onto them, and now I use them like teens use text abbreviations!

Facebook groups are awesome, but I am wary of posting too much on an open forum that can be seen by anyone. Thanks for the info, though!
Ah yes, I understand about the Facebook thing. I just recently - as in a couple of weeks ago - reactivated my account after having it deactivated for the past 1 1/2 years.

BLT (note the acronym use - can I now be officially considered one of the cool kids?!?!?) looks amazing! Things have sure changed at Disney since I worked there back in the days of day glo everything and big hair!

I will definitely keep checking in here because as the time gets closer we'll need to plan on meeting up. Especially with our 3 girls all around the same age (mine is now 4).

Ah yes, I understand about the Facebook thing. I just recently - as in a couple of weeks ago - reactivated my account after having it deactivated for the past 1 1/2 years.

BLT (note the acronym use - can I now be officially considered one of the cool kids?!?!?) looks amazing! Things have sure changed at Disney since I worked there back in the days of day glo everything and big hair!

I will definitely keep checking in here because as the time gets closer we'll need to plan on meeting up. Especially with our 3 girls all around the same age (mine is now 4).

Our house was broken into a couple of years ago. We are fairly sure we know who/when, but can't prove it. There was one person that knew that I had a small window of time I wouldn't be home a certain day, and came home to the door kicked in. I am very cautious about putting things out on the internet when attached to my full name.

Your comment about the day glo and big hair made me laugh! I have never been to WDW, but we will be staying for a couple of days after our upcoming cruise, so that will give us a taste!

I love watching mine! Not too long and we will be six months out!!!
I can't believe that you are also going on a Dream cruise for Halloween! Talk about combining two of my favorite things - can it possibly get any better than Halloween AND a Disney cruise?!?! You'll have to let me know how it is when you return! My daughter was just talking about our cruise this morning and asking if "she can go play with the children in the children's club while the fireworks are going". Amazing, she's only 4 and is already planning her escape from me I'm in big trouble once the teen years get here!

I am getting very excited for my mini-vacation coming up in 2 weeks!:banana: We (me, DD, and my mom) are headed to Disneyland for 4 wonderful DISNEY filled days!!! :dance3:

After this mini-vacation I'll be in FULL Disney Cruise/WDW mode!!! Once we get back it's very close to 7 months away!!!! :cheer2:

I can't believe that you are also going on a Dream cruise for Halloween! Talk about combining two of my favorite things - can it possibly get any better than Halloween AND a Disney cruise?!?! You'll have to let me know how it is when you return! My daughter was just talking about our cruise this morning and asking if "she can go play with the children in the children's club while the fireworks are going". Amazing, she's only 4 and is already planning her escape from me I'm in big trouble once the teen years get here!

I will let you know! I cannot wait as we have been planning this since January, and it is a surprise for the girls. They are going to be Tinkerbell and get to trick or treat on the Dream!!! Then it will be countdown mode to May! I have plenty of padding in our school calendar so that we can be completely done with school by then and just enjoy.

I'm hoping our youngest will want to stay in the club more. It seems more exciting than on the Magic, so I am really hoping so!

Just booked & subscribed! :yay: My husband, 6 year old son, and I are planning the May 20th Dream cruise...will be my son's 4th Disney cruise. Not that excited about the Bahamas particularly, but we have been on Wonder and Magic and really want to check out the Dream! Although we did have fun on our last Disney Bahamas cruise (went to Atlantis)...my son was too small to really enjoy the waterpark there but maybe will enjoy it more now that he is older. I am booking May 20th because I am hoping Star Wars Weekends will be happening that following weekend so we can do the 4 night cruise then a few days WDW. We went to Star Wars Weekends last year and had a blast! Typically do not go in the summer, but it was totally worth battling the heat.

Just booked & subscribed! :yay: My husband, 6 year old son, and I are planning the May 20th Dream cruise...will be my son's 4th Disney cruise. Not that excited about the Bahamas particularly, but we have been on Wonder and Magic and really want to check out the Dream! Although we did have fun on our last Disney Bahamas cruise (went to Atlantis)...my son was too small to really enjoy the waterpark there but maybe will enjoy it more now that he is older. I am booking May 20th because I am hoping Star Wars Weekends will be happening that following weekend so we can do the 4 night cruise then a few days WDW. We went to Star Wars Weekends last year and had a blast! Typically do not go in the summer, but it was totally worth battling the heat.
Hi Lovemylab (by the way I love my lab too!)

That's great that you guys just booked! I hear you on the Bahamas, I think the same thing. Last year when the ship docked my daughter and I just stayed on the ship and played in the pool all day. This year I am thinking about doing the dolphin swim with her but haven't decided for sure yet. She might still be a little young and it would be a total bummer if I spent all that money and she started freaking out once the dolphins got near her!

By the way, there are quite a few other people who are doing the same thing as you and staying for a few days after and going to Disney. I'm sure all of you who are staying and going to the Star Wars weekend are going to have a blast!!!

Welcome!
If you would like...Join our Face Book group! It has gotten pretty large!
So excited to go on this cruise!
My husband and I did the May 20 cruise last year, on the Wonder, on this cruise, we will be bringing our boys, 3 and 7, for their first ever cruise, as well as re newing our vows on board!

Last year, we did the sea lion encounter! It was AMAZING! But I understand the spending the money with small children, I actually think, there is an age limit for both the sea lion and dolphin encounters, something to look into!

Can't wait! 223 days i believe!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/154900304581278/

Hello all!

New poster here- but been lurking on and off for years. Mostly I'm more active on another board.

Just booked our cruise for the Dream on May 20, 2012! So excited! It'll be our first DCL cruise.

I see there's a facebook group up, I'll head over and join it as well.

Did we ever get the FE thing sorted out?

Excited to be going on our first cruise 5/20/2012 :rotfl:

Me (Danielle)
My Mom (Gloria)
DS (Cameron) will be 13 time of cruise!!!

Hello all!

New poster here- but been lurking on and off for years. Mostly I'm more active on another board.

Just booked our cruise for the Dream on May 20, 2012! So excited! It'll be our first DCL cruise.

I see there's a facebook group up, I'll head over and join it as well.

Did we ever get the FE thing sorted out?

Excited to be going on our first cruise 5/20/2012 :rotfl:

Me (Danielle)
My Mom (Gloria)
DS (Cameron) will be 13 time of cruise!!!

Welcome!

We are looking forward to it as well! Just about 7 months!

Hi all... :wave:

I just recently got back from my mini-vacation to Disneyland!! :cloud9: We had a blast! Except, we went during a heat wave!! One day that we were there, it got to 105 degrees :scared1:!!!

Anyway, I am fully in cruise mode now!! We are only 6 months and 3 weeks away!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter