May 20, 2012- Dream cruise to the Bahamas

I am back with my regular name! Yay!
Can't believe I got banned for 2 weeks because I said I would help arrange a FE (fish extender) Group....They said it was unapproved advertisement,, Really? FE groups are just something fun for cruisers, no one make any money with it,, this makes me very upset,and disappointed .

But, glad to be back!!

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/i7s5cs7mx57cl26v.png[/img][/link]

Ok,,so how does everyone get a ticker on here? Because I thought I had it,but,apparently,I was wrong LOL

Ok,,so how does everyone get a ticker on here? Because I thought I had it,but,apparently,I was wrong LOL

When you create it, it is the one for boards that don't allow HTML code. Then you cut and paste the link into your signature under User CP.

Hi Kristal!

I tried to reply to you via private message but it appears until I post 10 messages on the board I am not able to use that function...so here is the email I was sending you...

Anyways, yes, my daughter Bailey was 3 when we went on the cruise this past June. I was also worried that she wouldn't want to be away from me but after she went to the Oceaneers Club for the first time she was hooked! She LOVED LOVED LOVED it there. She would say to me "mom, can I go play with the children now?" and then I was the one who was stuck twiddling my thumbs and trying to find something to do while she was there! As a matter of fact there were a couple of times that I went to go pick her up at night and she would say "I'm not ready yet, can you come back?" that exact reason is what led me to post asking if anyone would be interested in meeting up. There are only so many nights that you can go get a drink by yourself at the bar and not be bored out of your mind.

The other thing to keep in mind too is that the Oceaneers Club is not segregated by age so your two boys will be able to hang out together if that's what they want to do, it doesn't matter if they are 3 years apart. I am more than confident that your 3 year old will have a blast and you don't have anything to worry about. Email me anytime and I am absolutely interested if you want to meet up as some point on the ship - even earlier in the cruise if you want to my daughter and your son to meet so she can introduce him to the fun at the Oceaneers Club - granted, playing dress up with princess outfits may not be where he is at, but at least he'll have someone to play with that he knows when he's there!

Hi :wave2:

I am a single mom going on the cruise and would love to meet other single moms. My DD will be 10 when we go on the cruise. And oddly enough we are traveling with my ex hubby. He and I are actually good friends now and we take our daughter on vacation usually once a year. :rotfl: But I know I will want some time away from him.....he is, after all, my EX for a reason. ;) So if you want to meet up....that would be awesome!! :)

Yes, I definitely want to meet up! As the time gets closer we can work on the specifics. Yippee!!:cheer2:

Thanks Amanda!

And Deb...That would be great!
And Thanks for the info!
Though my husband will be with us,he is more of a relaxer then a go get a few drinks at the club person,so I would be more then happy to meet you throughout the cruise to do events and what not!
If you have a Face Book...join our cruise group!
We can keep in touch easier on there, I am always on LOL

http://www.facebook.com/groups/154900304581278?ap=1

We are down to less than 300 days! Does anyone live where it is cool right now? It is crazy hot here, and I don't even want to see our utility bill!

We have been getting our classroom set up as I start homeschooling our dds on Monday. I'll be doing some preschool work with our youngest and kindergarten with our oldest. After Labor Day our youngest starts back to MDO three days a week.

I get to do our online check-in on Monday for our October trip. I'm not in a big rush though. I don't think we are going to book any excursions this trip and Palo brunch is already full. I will try to get it in May, though!

Hope everyone is still having a great summer!

297!! I am so excited we have less than 300 days now!!
Wish it was less than 100, but, we will get there!
Have to get through the holidays first!!

We had an AWFUL heat wave here in Michigan, we had temps of 110! first time since 1955!!!
We are not back into the 80s during the day, and 60s at night, FINALLY!! Was starting to melt LOL

297!! I am so excited we have less than 300 days now!!
Wish it was less than 100, but, we will get there!
Have to get through the holidays first!!

We had an AWFUL heat wave here in Michigan, we had temps of 110! first time since 1955!!!
We are not back into the 80s during the day, and 60s at night, FINALLY!! Was starting to melt LOL

Wow! Most people up there don't have AC, right? We have to use it 8 or 9 months out of the year the past couple of years. Before that we had a month or two of no heat or AC-required months.

At least we are hopefully on the downside towards fall/winter!

Oh no, almost everyone has AC here,,it usually hits the high 80s low 90s in the summer, and we have high humidity as well.
Winter is the pits though! To much snow LOL
But fall and spring are my favorite seasons, because I can keep the windows open, and its always a nice crisp breeze =)

I live in NM and we haven't been getting abnormal heat (high 90's, which is the norm here), but we have been extremely DRY!!! Our whole state is! We've had way too many fires this summer. :eek: We don't get much rain here anyway, but we are in extreme drought. :rolleyes:

AWESOME! Do you have a TR???
Are you joining us for the May 2012 cruise on the dream as well?

Hi Amanda,

My family and I are booked on this cruise also. Can you forward me the art work you have above so I can make those wonderful magnets for the cabin door? My daughters would love that. Thank you!
Nicki

Woohoo! We booked a night at BLT and are planning a day at the parks on Saturday before taking DCL transportation to the port. SO excited! We have yet to make a trip to WDW, but have added three days to the end of our Oct/Nov cruise!

Anyone else thinking this far ahead?

Woohoo! We booked a night at BLT and are planning a day at the parks on Saturday before taking DCL transportation to the port. SO excited! We have yet to make a trip to WDW, but have added three days to the end of our Oct/Nov cruise!

Anyone else thinking this far ahead?
Hi Amanda,

Okay so I have tried to figure out what BLT is and I'm clueless..obviously it's not a sandwich though! I just booked to arrive on Saturday before the cruise (19th) and stay at All Star Movies. At this point I don't think we'll do any parks on that day, probably just hang around the pool/playground and relax and wait for the real fun to start on the next day!

By the way LotsaMickey started a group that a few of us are on now if you are interested (see post above).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter