May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Alan, I hope your dad improves quickly is soon well again. Then you can fully relax on the cruise.

Alan, I hope your dad improves quickly is soon well again. Then you can fully relax on the cruise.
Thanks. Let's just say, and this is after doing a little research and talking to a few people, I am convinced that his health will improve when his teeth are pulled. Trust me I will be relaxed but will be checking in at home with my mom. Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Just wanted to check in. Been going thru a lot almost to the pint where I thought we had to cancel due to my dad health but I am confident that after the dentist pulls all his teeth and he gets dentures on Thursday some of his health will improve. Well enough where I won't feel bad about taking this vacation. Any way enough of my problems. Just wanted to give a tiny preview of a couple of pins I will be bringing for the afternoon pin trading. When and where again? I will have a couple of DCL Hawaii pins. Some DCL 2012 EBPC pins. A 50th anniversary Small World pin. It's very cool and a Disneyland resort pin trading night Anna pin. This is a automatic trade for a WDW pin trading night Elsa pin if anyone is at WDW and can get on this Tuesday 4/22.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Best wishes to your dad as he gets his health issues cared for. Hugs to you and your family.:grouphug:

Pin trading, an "unofficial" plan to meet is scheduled thusly:
Organized by: Bobbi (Bobbiwoz)
Where: Diversions
When: May 7th @ 10 am, May 8th @ 3:30 pm
Why: Why else? To trade Disney pins!

If Diversions is being used by Disney, we'll find an empty room! There will also be pin trading times announced by DCL. On the EBTA last year, the times were mostly in the evenings. This is a time that some Disboard people can meet and trade!

Hi everyone! A lot of firsts for us. This will be our first Disney Cruise, first time through the Panama Canal and my first post on DisBoards. My wife and I will be coming with my five daughters (16, 14, 12, 11, 9) and my in-laws. We're beyond ecstatic that there's only two weeks to go. Wondering how many kids will be on cruise since school is in session.

Welcome on board.

Just wanted to check in. Been going thru a lot almost to the pint where I thought we had to cancel due to my dad health but I am confident that after the dentist pulls all his teeth and he gets dentures on Thursday some of his health will improve. Well enough where I won't feel bad about taking this vacation. Any way enough of my problems. Just wanted to give a tiny preview of a couple of pins I will be bringing for the afternoon pin trading. When and where again? I will have a couple of DCL Hawaii pins. Some DCL 2012 EBPC pins. A 50th anniversary Small World pin. It's very cool and a Disneyland resort pin trading night Anna pin. This is a automatic trade for a WDW pin trading night Elsa pin if anyone is at WDW and can get on this Tuesday 4/22.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I hope that your father's health improves quickly.

Corinna

Best wishes to your dad as he gets his health issues cared for. Hugs to you and your family.:grouphug:

Pin trading, an "unofficial" plan to meet is scheduled thusly:
Organized by: Bobbi (Bobbiwoz)
Where: Diversions
When: May 7th @ 10 am, May 8th @ 3:30 pm
Why: Why else? To trade Disney pins!

If Diversions is being used by Disney, we'll find an empty room! There will also be pin trading times announced by DCL. On the EBTA last year, the times were mostly in the evenings. This is a time that some Disboard people can meet and trade!

I have updated the Meets document on Facebook with the location.

Corinna

This might have been asked already, but in Key West, how far (walking distance, time) is the southern most point from where we get off the ship. Our excursion is in the morning but would like to walk there if we have time before needing to reboard the ship.
Can't believe that 2 weeks from today we will BE in Key West! Can't wait to meet all of you!

This might have been asked already, but in Key West, how far (walking distance, time) is the southern most point from where we get off the ship. Our excursion is in the morning but would like to walk there if we have time before needing to reboard the ship.
Can't believe that 2 weeks from today we will BE in Key West! Can't wait to meet all of you!

I printed off directions from Google Maps and it says it is 25 minutes each way. We will be up at the crack of dawn as our bodies will still be on UK time and we are planning to get off the ship as soon as we can and walk there and back before our 9:30 excursion.

Corinna

It is a very long walk to the Southernmost point if it is very hot and humid! The walk back is even longer:scared1:. You just have to do it though I guess. At least we have done it now and don't need to do it again, though getting a good photo was an art as there were so many people there waiting to dart in and take theirs. Plus some people want to take quite a few with different people in them and different poses.:confused3 I was getting hotter by the minute. Mind we were there in September so a much more humid month.

Hi All:cool1:
I wanted to wish everyone a very blessed Easter Morning.:love: I am on my way to perform the church choir's second performance in honor of Jesus who has risen. I pray you all have a great day. :firefight

I wanted to wish everyone a very blessed Easter Morning.:love: I am on my way to perform the church choir's second performance in honor of Jesus who has risen. I pray you all have a great day. :firefight

He has risen indeed! :goodvibes

Thank you, and I add my prayers and best wishes to everyone!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Hi everyone! A lot of firsts for us. This will be our first Disney Cruise, first time through the Panama Canal and my first post on DisBoards. My wife and I will be coming with my five daughters (16, 14, 12, 11, 9) and my in-laws. We're beyond ecstatic that there's only two weeks to go. Wondering how many kids will be on cruise since school is in session.
As a mom who is bringing her three kids ages 10, 12, and 14, you can be assured that there will be plenty of children in those ages on this ship. If you go to the Facebook page for this cruise, you will meet many of them, take a look at the webpage for this cruise and you can click on the fish extender list and see how many are very active with 10 to 14-year-olds. My daughter Rachel will be thrilled to have so many other girls near her age on board, she suffers greatly because she has brothers on both sides of her! You will also see those same children working on homework throughout the cruise, my kids are at a wonderful public school and although the teachers understandably aren't thrilled with the timeframe, they're also very supportive of the rich educational experience the kids will get in a nontraditional way. As a teacher, I know what a pain it is to prepare so much homework in advance though!!

It is a very long walk to the Southernmost point if it is very hot and humid! The walk back is even longer:scared1:. You just have to do it though I guess. At least we have done it now and don't need to do it again, though getting a good photo was an art as there were so many people there waiting to dart in and take theirs. Plus some people want to take quite a few with different people in them and different poses.:confused3 I was getting hotter by the minute. Mind we were there in September so a much more humid month.

There are two good reasons why to do this first thing in the morning right there. Hopefully it will not be too hot and humid and I may actually get the chance to take some photos.

Corinna

Hi DisneyKI, Welcome to the WBPC. My DD 15 will be on the cruise. I am sure she will be happy to have someone close to here age on the cruise. See you in 10 Days :cool1:

Will be notifying FE, Candy Exchange & Secret Mickey. No upgrade, but I'm just happy to have a room to write on the luggage tags. :)

Candy Exchange
Number of people in Cabin....what I have so far. Please correct or add more information.
beagle fan( 4 in cabin)
Mama2Hope
JenDen
MommyTo5
bobbiwoz (2 in cabin)
AuntP (1 in cabin)
Graysm (1 in cabin)
BadKitty1985 (4 in cabin, 3 eat candy, 2 chew gum)
beccafish3kids(4 in cabin)
GoinPlaces63 (2 in cabin)
Mmc99 (4 in cabin, 3 eat candy)

We have 2 in our cabin! :bride: :groom:

Originally Posted by frankiefiner

Hello all! I just got off my first Disney cruise Friday (on the Magic). This board was really helpful in getting me prepared and I am grateful to everyone for sharing their experiences. Once on board I discovered something about the wave phones that I didn't see in any of the posts, so thought I'd share.

Many posters have commented/complained that you can only charge one phone at once, when in fact there are two ways to keep multiple phones charging at the same time.

Method 1: Spare Battery Charging Slot:

Behind the main charging slot you will find another small slot with a thin metal strip on top. If you pull the battery out of the second phone and slide it in that little slot, underneath the metal strip, you will see a light go on and it will start charging. Works great for overnight charging of two phones.

Method 2: Micro-USB port

If you look at the phone and the charger in detail, you'll see that everything is powered by USB power and micro-USB ports. This is the same port type used to charge most non-Apple phones, Kindles, etc. With power strips now outlawed and outlets limited I just brought two of the Anker 5-port USB chargers that others have recommended here (these are handy at home too), along with plenty of cables. So with 10 USB charging ports at our disposal there was no problem keeping wave phones fully charged. If someone wanted to free up an extra outlet, they could charge both phones this way and get rid of the bulky charger altogether.

On a side note, we used the wave phones often since we were traveling with another family, but like others found them a little dated and clumsy to use. But they got the job done. With the Navigator App now available on all the ships and WiFi coverage pretty good, I see no reason why they couldn't just integrate text and talk into the app, which would eliminate the need for wave phones all together.

Hope this is helpful! Sorry I couldn't post links to make it more clear.

Looks like Disney finally got around to assigning lots of cabins today. We got ours this morning. :)

Candy Exchange

A candy exchange is very much like a FE because you give to the members of the exchange something in their Fish Extender. I will probably give ours on the second Sea Day of the cruise. I have labeled the gifts "to ______& from bobbiwoz"

The amount you give, spend is truly up to you, and my guess is that people generally pay $1-3 per cabin...DH says maybe closer to $3 than $1 & I think he is right.

This is what my FE looks like

d2cc92694cab7ed29ff1d801f4796fd9_zps0a32fd09.jpg

Number of people in Cabin....what I have so far. Please correct or add more information.
beagle fan( 4 in cabin)
Mama2Hope (2 in cabin)
JenDen (2 in cabin)
MommyTo5
bobbiwoz (2 in cabin)
AuntP (1 in cabin)
Graysm (1 in cabin)
BadKitty1985 (4 in cabin, 3 eat candy, 2 chew gum)
beccafish3kids(4 in cabin)
GoinPlaces63 (2 in cabin)
Mmc99 (4 in cabin, 3 eat candy)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter