May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Welcome! It's great to hear from repeat canal cruisers! Maybe we'll be repeaters next year.

I organized the Candy Exchange, and I could at least exchange with you, if you are interested.

Bobbi

Sara dean has opened a last minute group. Go to the first post and register

hi All!:cool1:
Hi Ho:jumping1: Hi Ho:jumping1: Hi Ho,Hi Ho it;s time to get ready you know:hourglass, Well, it is certainly getting closer to crunch time for the DISer group :disrocks:. I have one more set of luggage to procure after my DD and fiance leave us and go back to Minnesota :crowded:My DW is finally excited about the cruise:boat: amd she is starting to get into the Disney spirit or euphoria as I call it:jumping2:. Still working on door decorations and will be for days to come it looks like.:woohoo: I know, I know :charac2: cry me a river but, I think everyone will like them.:love:The DW wants to buy me a new suit due to my wieght loss but I think my sports jacket is fine.:confused3 I am going to look for another pair of tux pants as my jacket will fit without altering but, I just don't know yet.:worried: Carry on every one. :firefight

I am looking forward to seeing that door! And meeting you and the finally excited Mrs jrp!

:dancer: Guess what we just got..........................Cruise Docs!!:dancer:

:dancer::dancer::dancer: :dancer::dancer::dancer: :dancer::dancer::dancer: :dancer::dancer::dancer: :dancer::dancer::dancer: :dancer::dancer::dancer:

We still haven't decided whether to take John's tux or not. I love him wearing it(and seeing others in them too, including cute little boys) but just not sure this time.

Not here as yet. My Dreams TA said DCL have now outsourced the mailing and they were mailing earlier than they used to but can't say I have noticed.

2 weeks today we travel to Manchester Airport. :hyper::scared1: Fly 2 weeks tomorrow.

We are a week behind you? Which hotel will be staying at in Manchester?

I am down to 19 days until I fly to Florida! Just managed to change my seat assignment to one on the upper deck economy class on the A380 for the flight back home from California! Very excited!

Is this your first time on the A380? You will be in for a treat. It is an amazing aircraft.

Corinna

Good day. Is it too late (way too late?) to be added to the FE group? If so, would anyone be interested in exchanging with us?
Mark and Linda
Cabin 7534
Favorite Character: Mickey Mouse!
Age - Both young at heart.

Thank you! Also, what is the FB link so I might inquire there too? (If it's closed that is.)

If anyone needs information, I was on this cruise last year and it was nothing short of amazing! Feel free to ask and I'll help if at all possible.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/637605662932146/

You Can Sign Up On The FE Google Doc In The First Post To Be Added To The Extras Group

You Can Find The Full FE List @ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...cFZPbnFLVTVscWs4REVQVVJMbUE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Let Me Know Your Favorite Colors (Mark & Linda) And I Will Exchange With You Too (Clint & Tammy Pettit)!

I seem to have added myself twice to the list (the first time I got my DISboard name wrong...). Can the moderator please remove the erroneous row? Otherwise I hope people will notice the room number and people's names are the same for two entries...

Thanks!

We are a week behind you? Which hotel will be staying at in Manchester?

Corinna

The Radisson. We like there if going from T2 and love the views. When we went BA from T1 we stayed at Bewleys. I was pleasantly surprised with Bewleys and would stay there again.

Is this your first time on the A380? You will be in for a treat. It is an amazing aircraft.

Corinna

Yes, and I am quite excited! I have a friend who had to take an A380 even though he did not want to as he considered it far too big. But he came back and was totally in love with that plane. Unfortunately it is going to only the night flight back to Europe and I always try to get as much sleep as possible to help with the time change. So I won't be able to enjoy it as much - but then maybe sleeping will be easier on the wonderful plane as well! I try to not get my expectations too high, but so far I have only heard people really loving these planes.

The Radisson. We like there if going from T2 and love the views. When we went BA from T1 we stayed at Bewleys. I was pleasantly surprised with Bewleys and would stay there again.

We tend to stay at the Crowne Plaza. This time round we are staying at home the night before we leave and just head for the airport in the morning as I have so much to do in the run up to this trip.

Yes, and I am quite excited! I have a friend who had to take an A380 even though he did not want to as he considered it far too big. But he came back and was totally in love with that plane. Unfortunately it is going to only the night flight back to Europe and I always try to get as much sleep as possible to help with the time change. So I won't be able to enjoy it as much - but then maybe sleeping will be easier on the wonderful plane as well! I try to not get my expectations too high, but so far I have only heard people really loving these planes.

I could not imagine a plane that I rather spend a night flight on. I assume you are flying Lufthansa. I have only ever flown on our A380s, but the economy class cabin on those is very spacious with loads of legroom and the seats are really comfortable.

Corinna

I could not imagine a plane that I rather spend a night flight on. I assume you are flying Lufthansa. I have only ever flown on our A380s, but the economy class cabin on those is very spacious with loads of legroom and the seats are really comfortable.

Corinna

No, Air France. I have to connect somewhere anyway and whether it is Frankfurt or Paris, it really does not matter. Both airports are huge and charge you a fortune for a tiny drink. If I could, I would connect through Munich as I love that airport, but that was not an option for Miami. And Air France had a deal so that I got my flight for 630€ from Nuremberg (20 minutes by underground from my apartment to the airport) to the US and back. Difficult to beat such a nice offer. I am still amazed that I am still able to buy tickets to the USA in 2014 that are cheaper than what I paid for my first flight to the USA in 1986 (1500 DM and that was a youth fare!).

My friend's experience was on Lufthansa and supposedly the Air France A 380 has more legroom than Lufthansa's. So, it really should be a nice flight! Which airline is "your" airline - since you mention "our A380s"?

No, Air France. I have to connect somewhere anyway and whether it is Frankfurt or Paris, it really does not matter. Both airports are huge and charge you a fortune for a tiny drink. If I could, I would connect through Munich as I love that airport, but that was not an option for Miami. And Air France had a deal so that I got my flight for 630€ from Nuremberg (20 minutes by underground from my apartment to the airport) to the US and back. Difficult to beat such a nice offer. I am still amazed that I am still able to buy tickets to the USA in 2014 that are cheaper than what I paid for my first flight to the USA in 1986 (1500 DM and that was a youth fare!).

My friend's experience was on Lufthansa and supposedly the Air France A 380 has more legroom than Lufthansa's. So, it really should be a nice flight! Which airline is "your" airline - since you mention "our A380s"?

I have a soft spot for Frankfurt airport, but then I grew up near there and spent many happy hours during my childhood on the "Besucherterasse" at terminal one. I was so upset when I found out that this is no longer there, just the smaller one at terminal 2. I have only ever flown short haul with Air France, but had a good experience with them.

I have not started to fly to the USA until I had moved to the UK. Looks like flights from Germany to the USA are more expensive than this is the case in the UK. We can usually get flights below £500. This time round we paid £438 per person. Like you we have to change somewhere on most flights to the USA, but we are lucky enough to be able to do so in the USA so that we don't have to clear immigration at one of the main tourist airports.

I have worked for Emirates for the last 8 years and very much consider this my airline. They are a fantastic company to work for and to fly with.

Corinna

Question - I think that I read previously that you can ship a package to the port. Where would I find the address and any other requirements? Thanks so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter