May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

I❤MICKEY;51079886 said:
Really looking forward to this. :) My name is Melissa.

I am looking forward to the champagne/tiara meet as well! Just need to find a tiara first!! princess: (even the princess smiley here on the DIS does not have one! :lmao:)

And I have to say that I hate the liquid restrictions for flying - I live close to a wine region here in Germany and would love to bring some local bubbly. But I really don't want to pack it in my suitcase!

There is a great trip report from last year's WBPC cruise (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118355) which has all the navigators and I was looking at the schedule for crossing the PC they had, it is in this post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48949410&postcount=234 Do we think that we can expect about the same times for our crossing? I see that they had a sea day between Cartagena and the Panama Canal, but we will not have that. However, the Disney itinerary so far says that the crossing will be from 6am to 6pm, so that seems to fit with the times they had. I am thinking about giving some people back home the times to look out for the Disney Wonder on the Panama Canal webcams. :goodvibes

I would be willing to bet the times will be about the same. Although even the schedule they print is only an estimate. I remember reading someone's trip report from a few yrs back that their schedule was off by a couple of hours because a sensitive US submarine needed to cross so it got priority over cruise ships. Also, on last year's cruise we were awakened by the commentator on the loudspeaker a full hour before the schedule said we would be there.

The sea day between Cartagena and the Canal last year was most a lot of sailing at a snail's pace and then being essentially parked in the water near the canal entrance all night.

Hi. Sorry to join so late. (We've had sick people in our family). We had to cancel a January B2B so we replaced it with this wbpc. I'm traveling with a Husband and aunt and an uncle. My question is if anyone is receiving room numbers yet for IGT OGT or VGT room?

Hi. Sorry to join so late. (We've had sick people in our family). We had to cancel a January B2B so we replaced it with this wbpc. I'm traveling with a Husband and aunt and an uncle. My question is if anyone is receiving room numbers yet for IGT OGT or VGT room?

:welcome:
My sister has not. She is OGT.

From Wednesday to Sunday of this week, I won't be around the internet. So, if there are any questions about the Candy Exchange, I will be getting back to you next week.

There are 3 people without cabin numbers and once I get the information, I will PM people. My sister was told she wouldn't get her cabin until 2 weeks before the cruise. So, please be patient.

Bobbi

Now that I know more about walking on the ship, you can change my distance to 5 miles a day (not 2.5-5)! Thanks!

OK, will update. :)

Hi Jeff:cool1:
Just put my request in on the site. Do I put a separate request in for the DW? In Her name, so she can get a certificate in this way for completion.? Thanks in advance.:firefight

I will add D. Anne to the list manually.

Hi Jeff! We would both like to join the walkers. We hope to do a marathon over the course of the cruise to make room for all the food! I'd probably really need to walk close to 3 marathons for that, but 1 is more realistic.

Thank you!

Excellent! :)

I❤MICKEY;51079886 said:
Really looking forward to this. :) My name is Melissa.

Hi Melissa,

I'll add your name to your listing. :)

FE PArticipants!

The list is here!

Follow this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asw19APa5pDVdHZ1cFZPbnFLVTVscWs4REVQVVJMbUE&usp=sharing

For the complete list of FE groups.

It is color coded (key at the bottom) to indicate people in multiple groups. If the row is gray, that participant is only in one group.

I will email everyone shortly before the sail date with an updated list (hopefully we will have all rooms by then), but this should give everyone a solid understanding of how the groups are organized. It also allows people to see the other groups in case they have extra gifts!

Take care, and as always you can email me or PM me or talk to me on FB if you have any questions :cool1:

There is a great trip report from last year's WBPC cruise (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118355) which has all the navigators and I was looking at the schedule for crossing the PC they had, it is in this post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48949410&postcount=234

Do we think that we can expect about the same times for our crossing?

I see that they had a sea day between Cartagena and the Panama Canal, but we will not have that. However, the Disney itinerary so far says that the crossing will be from 6am to 6pm, so that seems to fit with the times they had.

I am thinking about giving some people back home the times to look out for the Disney Wonder on the Panama Canal webcams. :goodvibes

This is a great trip report. I love all the pictures that are included.

We are OGT. Haven't received room numbers yet. Waiting patiently. :(

I am looking forward to the champagne/tiara meet as well! Just need to find a tiara first!! princess: (even the princess smiley here on the DIS does not have one! :lmao:)

And I have to say that I hate the liquid restrictions for flying - I live close to a wine region here in Germany and would love to bring some local bubbly. But I really don't want to pack it in my suitcase!

That's too bad. :( I hear you about the suitcase. I would love to pick up some tequila while in Mexico but we fly home from San Diego and I just don't want to chance it breaking in my bag.

I'm not sure what I am going to do about a tiara. I have boys. No girlie stuff at my house. :)

Hi All:cool1:
Just wanted to say :thanks: to Jeff as you are the man:worship: It is getting closer every day and we are certainly looking forward to meeting all you fine folks at the 1500 (3:00 p.m.:hourglass meet in the promenade lounge.:disrocks: And as usual - Carry On!!!

Very cool diaper cover for the 750 ml glass beverage of choice travel utensil.:drinking1 Just remember that there are several liqueur stores within walking distance :tiptoe: of the ship in Key West, and we will bring back on board our wine and spirits for the adventure party:. I just called Disney Cruise Line and confirmed that you can bring alcohol on board for your enjoyment ( You of course you are not allowed to leave at the end of the cruise with any opened containers :sad1:). so my question is why carry anything in your luggage if you can purchase it in Miami or Key West?:confused3 I have looked up and found several stores close to the port in Key West:sunny: There is even a Publix market that has alcohol close to the port. :woohoo:They also have the best butter creme or whiped creme cakes or cupcakes you ever had!!:cake: This info has been brought to you from my own Venom Tower desktop.:surfweb: lol:stir: Hope everyone has a great day and of course Carry On.!!:firefight

p.s. :welcome::welcome::welcome: to the newbies,!!

From Wednesday to Sunday of this week, I won't be around the internet. So, if there are any questions about the Candy Exchange, I will be getting back to you next week.

There are 3 people without cabin numbers and once I get the information, I will PM people. My sister was told she wouldn't get her cabin until 2 weeks before the cruise. So, please be patient.

Bobbi

Bobbi - before you're offline, did you happen to hear from anybody about nut allergies? I'm from Texas and my candy has nuts, but I can find something else for anybody in the group that has allergies (or if their cabin mates do).

Thanks! Patricia (AuntP)

Very cool diaper cover for the 750 ml glass beverage of choice travel utensil.:drinking1 Just remember that there are several liqueur stores within walking distance :tiptoe: of the ship in Key West, and we will bring back on board our wine and spirits for the adventure party:. I just called Disney Cruise Line and confirmed that you can bring alcohol on board for your enjoyment ( You of course you are not allowed to leave at the end of the cruise with any opened containers :sad1:). so my question is why carry anything in your luggage if you can purchase it in Miami or Key West?:confused3 I have looked up and found several stores close to the port in Key West:sunny: There is even a Publix market that has alcohol close to the port. :woohoo:They also have the best butter creme or whiped creme cakes or cupcakes you ever had!!:cake: This info has been brought to you from my own Venom Tower desktop.:surfweb: lol:stir: Hope everyone has a great day and of course Carry On.!!:firefight

p.s. :welcome::welcome::welcome: to the newbies,!!

Thank you for the information!

I was wondering if that carry on liquor was for visiting ports and not just embarkation port?

I will be doing some wine shopping in key West!

Bobbi - before you're offline, did you happen to hear from anybody about nut allergies? I'm from Texas and my candy has nuts, but I can find something else for anybody in the group that has allergies (or if their cabin mates do).

Thanks! Patricia (AuntP)

Ok...no one has mentioned a nut or any sort of allergy. If there is one, please post here or PM me!

Does anyone know if this is going to be an option, are the rooms already taken? And, assuming we were able to upgrade at the port, can the rooms fit a family of 5 comfortably? I do not know that we will even try, or if the rooms are taken, but assuming best case scenario and we were able to, those who have stayed in these types of rooms are they suitable for 2 adults, 3 kids? The kids are young so I am not sure of what the sleeping situation would be, any information would be great to make this one less thing to think about.

thanks!

Does anyone know if this is going to be an option, are the rooms already taken? And, assuming we were able to upgrade at the port, can the rooms fit a family of 5 comfortably? I do not know that we will even try, or if the rooms are taken, but assuming best case scenario and we were able to, those who have stayed in these types of rooms are they suitable for 2 adults, 3 kids? The kids are young so I am not sure of what the sleeping situation would be, any information would be great to make this one less thing to think about.

thanks!

Well, for just 2 adults there's one for $14,831.60, a bit rich foe me!

I would be willing to bet the times will be about the same. Although even the schedule they print is only an estimate. I remember reading someone's trip report from a few yrs back that their schedule was off by a couple of hours because a sensitive US submarine needed to cross so it got priority over cruise ships. Also, on last year's cruise we were awakened by the commentator on the loudspeaker a full hour before the schedule said we would be there.

The sea day between Cartagena and the Canal last year was most a lot of sailing at a snail's pace and then being essentially parked in the water near the canal entrance all night.

Thanks!! Not sure I want to be woken up at 5am by someone on a loudspeaker though!!! :eek: Not planning on trying for one of the spots on the bow early morning. My parents who have done lots of canal cruises here in Europe say that you do want to be at the end of the ship where you can be looking down in the lock, i.e. aft when rising, forward when going down as that will give you a view of more than just a steel door. Makes sense to me and I hope that the aft viewing possibilities will be better in the morning than the forward ones!

Quick and easy tiaras at walmart - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crystal-Tiara/21915988 they look very pretty for the price. Sold in stores (3 different designs). ::MinnieMo

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

Seems like my pre-cruise shopping list for when I get to the US is getting longer and longer: champagne, jewellery... at least I don't have to buy any snacks for the cruise. Don't expect to have much time to be hungry... :goodvibes

Thank you for the information!

I was wondering if that carry on liquor was for visiting ports and not just embarkation port?

I will be doing some wine shopping in key West!

Form DCL's FAQ:

Q: May Guests bring alcohol onboard?
A:
While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

• Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
  • Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.
  • Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension
  • Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, alcohol, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board.

Please note: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

Yes, you can bring on as much alcohol (or other drinks) as you want, but it has to be in your carry-on luggage and it must not be in a cooler.

Thanks! Patricia (AuntP)

No nut allergies here. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter