May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Wow Jeff, what a great, informative post. I've got some homework to do now! Thank you.

Oops, forgot to ask. Does anyone know if there are any wine stores close to the pier in Key West?
I love to have a glass of wine on the balcony and we are flying into Miami so I can't bring it with me.

Thank you. We're on our second consecutive "snow day" at home so I've finally had some time to plan for the cruise. I've also created a web page for the cruise, which is linked below. I plan on adding more to it today - it'll give me something else to do. :thumbsup2

If anyone would like to add their picture to the Roll Call, feel free to email it to me.

I can't PM until I get more posts with my updated user name (sigh) and I don't have a cabin number yet, but count me in for the candy exchange - I love candy! :)

Patricia

Yeah! Welcome! :welcome:

There's plenty of time to get the rest of the information!

beagle fan
Mama2Hope
JenDen
MommyTo5
bobbiwoz
AuntP

I will keep the number manageable, and will divide if we get many participants!

Jeff Spencer thank you for all of the information and work you are doing!

Thank you. We're on our second consecutive "snow day" at home so I've finally had some time to plan for the cruise. I've also created a web page for the cruise, which is linked below. I plan on adding more to it today - it'll give me something else to do. :thumbsup2

If anyone would like to add their picture to the Roll Call, feel free to email it to me.

Thanks for creating the web page. It will be nice to see pictures of everyone.pirate:

My wife (Susan) enjoyed the "Champagne and Tiaras Princess Meet" on our Eastbound PC cruise in December 2012 and has volunteered to host one for this cruise. If you're interested please PM me (who will pass on to Susan). Meet will be in our stateroom (still TBD). Anyone who would like to consume bubbly, is asked to bring a bottle of to share. Nothing fancy is required. Sparkling wine, Prosecco, Cava are all fine. Snacks will be ordered from room service. This will be done on one of the At Sea days. party:

Glad to hear it is a nice hotel. My daughter and I are staying there as well. I booked it on Entertainment hotel bucks, if you have an Entertainment book.

We live in the UK and I don't think we can get this here. I have never heard of this before.

I heard they were putting off the big re-fit till(or just before) the new canal opened. Hence the short dry dock recently in the meantime. Trouble is I think I would prefer the old locks to the new ones but would like to see the new route.

When we were on the Wonder last year, we were told that they would not do the big dry dock until the new shipping lane is open.

Corinna

OMG the Wonder is coming back to Hawaii???? I totally hope so. We will do it, and as I've said before, I'll make the boys go to school the day we're on O'ahu haha.

Enjoying your wonderful city yet again. Glad we've managed 5 days of fabulous sun. Hope tomorrow Wont be too gloomy and wet.

You are lucky to live in such a great city.

You are correct. They are not going to give the Wonder the major upgrades until they get official Confermation from the canal authority that the new route will be ready to go. I would like I night transit. After six transits in the day I would love to see it all lit up. From what I understand, and I may have heard wrong as I normally do, a ship the Wonders size can not transit in the night time. Still I can wish.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I think the work has stopped just now so all delayed yet again. I imagine a whole lot of people are very frustrated waiting. Cruise lines with large ships are just waiting for the go ahead.

Thanks Jeff.

By the way, is this site slowing down again like a few years ago? I seem to have more problems.

I have a big magnet. We sign it and pass it room to room... Signing and moving it around after you sign it. It's fun to see where it goes. Doesn't cost anything, requires one drop off and watching for it In the hallway!

We (CaptJackFan & family) would be interested in the Roamin' Mickey! That sound fun. :dance3:

We have been holding off on purchasing our flight back from San Diego, went on today and they are now 28 dollars more expensive a person.. (Southwest) Does anyone have experience in knowing if these typically go down again, or keep increasing? Someone on facebook reminded me of someone in our group working for SW?? Thanks!

:wave2: I am so excited :yay: to finally be on the PC! In the past, it was either sold out, too expensive or the wrong timing.

I booked this week after one of my friends said she was doing the EBTA because its rates were better than the OGT ones for this cruise. Of course, I had to check prices! She was right - the TA is cheaper, but this one has been calling my name.

I'm doing my first long-cruise solo experience; I don't know if I'd try it on another cruise line - DCL is fairly much like home :goodvibes so I shouldn't get too homesick :sick:

Thanks to those who have mentioned SAS Shuttle, I'm flying into FLL and secured a Hilton Garden Inn room for < $100 :) The postive reviews for SAS on Yelp! reviews are additional confirmation that I have made the right choice.

Now I'm in the search for port adventures! I'm hoping to do a half-day Seaplane trip to Dry Tortugas National Park while we're in Key West.

And I'm on a hunt for the right ATV excursion in Puerto Vallarta. When we stopped there previously, we did a Tequila Tasting Tour - one sip was enough; to each their own. (Why doesn't this ship stop at the Coca Cola tour or in Reims, France, for champagne?)

I know little-to-nothing about Cartagena except that I MUST visit it - that'll add another continent to my Been There List, leaving only Antartica and Australia. I found out New Zealand is not part of that continent :(

Thanks Jeff Spencer (my next-town neighbor) for some good excursion ideas. We're both in North Alabama, house-bound from several inches of snow (which is a fairly rare thing here). The time is flying as I work to plot my adventures.

For those who are waiting to book Palo, as of this morning there are still lots of Brunch availabilities on
Days 6, 9, 11, 12, and 15. No availability showing for Panama Canal or Sunday, May 11 (would that be Mother's Day?)

We have been holding off on purchasing our flight back from San Diego, went on today and they are now 28 dollars more expensive a person.. (Southwest) Does anyone have experience in knowing if these typically go down again, or keep increasing? Someone on facebook reminded me of someone in our group working for SW?? Thanks!

aan1701 (Alan) works for SWA, but I'm pretty sure he works in an area not involved with pricing and sale schedules ;)

I debated whether to buy my airfare now or wait a little, then one ticket went down $10 overnight and I jumped - I couldn't even hold out for Tuesday's prices. In the last few years, I have seen the cost of tickets go up after I bought mine; I hope the opposite doesn't happen this time.

I finally decided schedule mattered more than cost (and managed to come out okay, although I bought tickets rather than cashing in miles, as I had intended). The idea of biding my time in San Diego, waiting for an 8pm flight just wasn't appealing. I opted to take a mid-day n/s flight on SWA to ATL, claim my bags and do the 20 min jump home on Delta. Keeps me off the red-eye!

Yes I do work for SWA and yes I have nothing to do with prices or reservations. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Welcome AuntLynne! I looked at that seaplane flight to the Dry Tortugas. Just couldn't pull the trigger on $295/person for the excursion. :)

We were off for a third day in a row yesterday so I did update the web site excursions page with all the DCL excursions and added several private excursions, including new pages for Key West DCL and private tours. Also added several folks and their pics to the Roll Call. Added to the "Info" page with links for the Port of Miami, as well as the cruise dress info and Disney stage shows that will be on our cruise.

Does anyone have an issue with moving the Embarkation Meet & Greet to before the Muster Drill, say at 2:30 pm or 3 pm? With a guests aboard time of 4 pm, the Drill will likely happen at 4:15 with a sail away at 4:45 ish.

Does anyone have an issue with moving the Embarkation Meet & Greet to before the Muster Drill, say at 2:30 pm or 3 pm? With a guests aboard time of 4 pm, the Drill will likely happen at 4:15 with a sail away at 4:45 ish.

I am OK with an earlier Meet and Greet. I do not have a preference as to 2:30 or 3 start.

Bobbi:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter