May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

So, the port side is better for the crossing? We are starboard.

It really depends on you. As memory serves, one we pass the lake and into the cut all the spots to view the canal are on the port side. Now i could be totally wrong about that, just the way I remember. To be honest I would not let one day of a 15 night cruise influence my picking a side of the ship to stay on. We pick port because it is also the non smoking side of deck 4 so we don't have to worry about smoke coming up from there while in port or the off chance we are sailing very slow and it can come on up. Just have to hope the neighbors don't smoke, but if they do, that's their right on DCl and that is that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi All :cool1: Of course it is alright to send it from your i-phone. It was just a joke and I hope you don't take it literally. I am wutie the joker and now after 33 years as a medic/Firefighter what else can I do? It looks like bobbiwos is getting the cabin numbers but I don't mind helping anywhere I can.:cheer2: I hope everyone has a great day and for sure it is not that long away before the WBPC.

Hi All :cool1: Of course it is alright to send it from your i-phone. It was just a joke and I hope you don't take it literally. I am wutie the joker and now after 33 years as a medic/Firefighter what else can I do? It looks like bobbiwos is getting the cabin numbers but I don't mind helping anywhere I can.:cheer2: I hope everyone has a great day and for sure it is not that long away before the WBPC.

I did not. As a matter of fact I sent the iPad response just to make sure you were joking. Sometimes it's hard to tell on a message board. I am super sarcastic myself so please remember that.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I am only collecting information for the Candy Exchange. I don't have the know how to make a spreadsheet that all can add to. I am sorry if there is a misunderstanding.

If you don't want to do the CE, I understand and will delete the PM you sent!

Bobbi:goodvibes

So, the port side is better for the crossing? We are starboard.

On the whole it doesn't matter as you get great views of the locks and their workings from both sides. The lake is the same wherever you are and you are in the lake for 4 hours I seem to remember. The visitor centre which is at the final lock is on the port side but you can be on deck 4 or 10 for that anyway if you want to. There is a webcam there also so being on deck to wave is quite good and you can tell your friends when to watch the webcam!!

If you like sunsets, then when on the west coast port side has them but then again many like to be on deck for those(if they are promising to be spectacular ones anyway)

On the whole it doesn't matter as you get great views of the locks and their workings from both sides. The lake is the same wherever you are and you are in the lake for 4 hours I seem to remember. The visitor centre which is at the final lock is on the port side but you can be on deck 4 or 10 for that anyway if you want to. There is a webcam there also so being on deck to wave is quite good and you can tell your friends when to watch the webcam!!

If you like sunsets, then when on the west coast port side has them but then again many like to be on deck for those(if they are promising to be spectacular ones anyway)

Yay! We lucked out, I never thought about which side to see sunsets and all that, but we're on port anyway. It's our first time through so I don't really care as long we we're on there somewhere, but added bonus.

We were GTY on our first transit and we booked the first day:eek: It wasn't completely sold out the first day but was a few days later. There were a whole load of us on the meet thread who were waiting for our cabin number and we had a lot of fun chatting about it. We called ourselves the Lifeboat Crew. We did get given a mid ship starboard cabin on deck 6 and were really pleased with the position. I think I was out on deck most of the day then but I can't stand the heat now. These last 5 years have made a difference! I only have to talk about it and I get excited again. It is such a great day.

We were GTY on our first transit and we booked the first day:eek: It wasn't completely sold out the first day but was a few days later. There were a whole load of us on the meet thread who were waiting for our cabin number and we had a lot of fun chatting about it. We called ourselves the Lifeboat Crew. We did get given a mid ship starboard cabin on deck 6 and were really pleased with the position. I think I was out on deck most of the day then but I can't stand the heat now. These last 5 years have made a difference! I only have to talk about it and I get excited again. It is such a great day.

As far as the rol call goes, I am sure someone will do it soon. I am afraid that wwith my health problems as of late I might drop the ball :guilty:so to speak. bobbiwoz is doing a great job for the CE and I look forward to it. yum::yes::Granmaz you and i are in the same boat with the heat as I can't handle it anymore either:faint: Well ( deep subject) I hope everyone has a great day..:firefight

:confused3 DH's new job keeps throwing up new challenges (and deadlines for next year) that's making it impossible for me to plan for next year at the moment.

So at the moment I am completely unsure if we will be joining you or not. I hope yes but I may have to push this cruise back a year or two....

In the meantime I will watch this thread and group grow but not get too into it as it will make it harder if we can't.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

I hope you do manage to sail with us but at least Disney seem to be doing this cruise regularly now so plenty of time for you I hope. I also hope your husband's job gets easier over time.

:confused3 DH's new job keeps throwing up new challenges (and deadlines for next year) that's making it impossible for me to plan for next year at the moment.

So at the moment I am completely unsure if we will be joining you or not. I hope yes but I may have to push this cruise back a year or two....

In the meantime I will watch this thread and group grow but not get too into it as it will make it harder if we can't.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Hi ShellB8585 :cool1: I certainly hope you can cross the pond and join us on this anticipated cruise. Here's keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and yourspixiedust:

We have a similar situation as ShellB8585. Mr Muush just started a new job and we are unsure whether or not they will give him the time off. Plus we have a 2 week Christmas/New Years 2014 cruise booked on Celebrity. Pushing our luck??

I, for some reason, have always dreamed of doing a PC on a Disney ship. So strange because we typically cruise on Celebrity.

Anywhoo, fingers crossed that we will be able to do both cruises in 2014.

And that ShellB8585 will be on this cruise too.

Well I hope I don't get out bid for the two weeks I need to take to go on this trip. I am not even worrying about it. We don't bid vacation till late Oct or early Nov. we also can do shift give always and such so I am not to worried.

Well I hope I don't get out bid for the two weeks I need to take to go on this trip. I am not even worrying about it. We don't bid vacation till late Oct or early Nov. we also can do shift give always and such so I am not to worried.

Hi All:cool1: I hope you don't get outbid either as I really want to meet you on the cruise. We did shift swaps at the FD and it would give us as much time as we needed. Unfortunately when it came to repay them back it meant 48 hour shifts, and I got tired of running 25+ calls in 24 hours.:sick: Here's hoping everything works out in your favor.:cheer2: I hope everyone is having a great day. I am working on my door placards and then the porthole ears. Can you tell it is getting closer?:hourglass

We have a similar situation as ShellB8585. Mr Muush just started a new job and we are unsure whether or not they will give him the time off. Plus we have a 2 week Christmas/New Years 2014 cruise booked on Celebrity. Pushing our luck??

I, for some reason, have always dreamed of doing a PC on a Disney ship. So strange because we typically cruise on Celebrity.

Anywhoo, fingers crossed that we will be able to do both cruises in 2014.

And that ShellB8585 will be on this cruise too.

I'm hoping you'll be on this cruise!pixiedust:

Page 4. Is everyone too busy and not excited about this cruise?;)

One can never been too busy to think about cruising through the Panama Canal!!!

But I haven't actually DONE anything except think about it haha. Karen, I will send you the boys' likes and dislikes for SM soon!

We are leaving Friday for Cedar Point (staying at Great Wolf Lodge) and going to a couple of baseball games on the front and back end (Detroit and Cleveland). Super excited for the big coasters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter