May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Thanks for the welcome :-) we will be staying at the Wyndham just outside the port. I had already booked it as it would have been the 2 nights before the B2B so it was convenient for the cruise port and offers free airport transfers.
We're from the UK and booked via expedia Uk to claim double nectar points I hope to put toward the flights later this year. Plus they had an offer on last month :-)

As you can see we are also from the UK. I really must begin to think what we want to do before and after this cruise. We will probably stay at the same little B&B in Miami before. We really liked it and the position is great for walking around South Beach.

I wonder why we aren't stopping at Castaway Cay this time? I presume another ship is there the day we would need to be there but I can't be bothered to go and search that:scared:. We don't get off the ship there these days so Key West is a good alternative for us to have a walk around. I know most would rather be on Castaway Cay though so it is a shame. It seems odd as it is THE place for DCL. We aren't bothered about Cozumel as we have been there a couple of times and just walk around saying no thank you to the shop owners.:rotfl2: Maybe we will stay onboard this time.

Oh I just can't wait till we are onboard.:goodvibes

We are not going to Castaway cause we leave Miami on a Thursday. The Fantasy is there every Friday and the Dream every Sat. Unfortunately it is not feasible to go.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Haha, we have just booked 2 nights at Vero Beach after our 26 nights onboard the Crown Princess this November. I think relaxing after a cruise is as good as relaxing before!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Are you doing a TA cruise? We are considering a Princess WBTA cruise in 2014!

We are not going to Castaway cause we leave Miami on a Thursday. The Fantasy is there every Friday and the Dream every Sat. Unfortunately it is not feasible to go.

Maybe we could talk DCL into leaving a day early so we can have Castaway on Thurs... :rotfl:

Ah that is what I suspected but couldn't be bothered checking the other ships' dates. It is a shame for those who love CC.

Are you doing a TA cruise? We are considering a Princess WBTA cruise in 2014!

Yes, the Crown Princess leaving on Oct 26th. We are also doing the cruise before(mainly the Canary Islands) but it was booked as one cruise not 2. It flagged up as a great offer and we were wondering what to do during this period so jumped right in.

Princess seem to have a lot of ships come over for the summer to various European ports, so plenty of choice for both EB and WB. We wanted one that left from the UK.

Ah that is what I suspected but couldn't be bothered checking the other ships' dates. It is a shame for those who love CC.

Yes, the Crown Princess leaving on Oct 26th. We are also doing the cruise before(mainly the Canary Islands) but it was booked as one cruise not 2. It flagged up as a great offer and we were wondering what to do during this period so jumped right in.

Princess seem to have a lot of ships come over for the summer to various European ports, so plenty of choice for both EB and WB. We wanted one that left from the UK.

I looked it up, that cruise sounds wonderful!!! We want a different itinerary, I always hoped to go to the Holy Land, and they have a cruise that does that and more. It's later in the year, and I "worry" a bit about the condition of the sea in December.

Hi Folks!
:wave:
DH have just moved our previous OBB to this cruise. We were going to go on the B2B california coast with 9 night Alaska. However, we have just come off the Magic in the Med and DH has decided he only wants to cruise somewhere warm.

So Alaska is on the backburner for a few years!

It will just be the 2 of us. Although I am contemplating flying to Orlando for a few theme park days pre cruise it is most likely we will fly directly to MIA the day before then we have 2 nights booked in San Diego at the end.

Looking forward to getting to know you all
:jumping1:

Looking forward to meeting you! I do have to say, though, that you should also do an Alaska cruise! It's awesome!

I looked it up, that cruise sounds wonderful!!! We want a different itinerary, I always hoped to go to the Holy Land, and they have a cruise that does that and more. It's later in the year, and I "worry" a bit about the condition of the sea in December.

I know what you mean, though quite a few ships do the WB in late November or December and I haven't heard of anything negative so I tend to think it is fine to go across then. You would be so busy doing all the wonderful things they plan for sea days that you wouldn't notice any rough seas anyway:).

Hi All:cool1: Just wanted to take a moment to say hi:dance3: to all the new folks on the DIS er group. Been in the hospital with Pnuemonia again and jujst got home. There's no place like home "click click". Getting closer every day and trying to get more things lined up. Does anyone know of a place in Miami that they have stayed at that is reasonable aws we do';t want to pay through the nose for one night before the sail away:sail: Caryn on everyone and have a great DIS day.:disrocks:

Hi All:cool1: Just wanted to take a moment to say hi:dance3: to all the new folks on the DIS er group. Been in the hospital with Pnuemonia again and jujst got home. There's no place like home "click click". Getting closer every day and trying to get more things lined up. Does anyone know of a place in Miami that they have stayed at that is reasonable aws we do';t want to pay through the nose for one night before the sail away:sail: Caryn on everyone and have a great DIS day.:disrocks:

Glad you are feeling better!

We stayed at a Days Inn in Miami once. We had to pay for the cruise port shuttle, but it was reasonable.

Sorry you have been in hospital poorly but glad you are home again. Take care and recover well. What kind of place do you like to stay in?

pixiedust: welcome new cruisers pixiedust: see you in 284 days pixiedust:

Sorry to read jrp was in hospital; glad to read you're alright! I am quite SICK of hospitals myself. Glad they're there when needed, hope no one else needs them.

I am jealous of all who went to AK with DCL.......someday, maybe, we'll go. The WBTA is also on our list, if not for the pricey flights to BCN. I have no desire to try the Dream or Fantasy, but definitely the new Magic!

Hi all! Very busy at the mo as we're moving house so I'm not around as much as I'd like to be but thought I'd chime in on the Miami hotel question - I have just booked us into the quality inn Hollywood for the night before the cruise - they offer free pick up from the airport and free shuttle to the cruise port and the room was $101 which I thought fairly reasonable.

Anyways, hope you're all well :-)
TTFN

Hi all!
I have a hold on this cruise and am trying to decide if a veranda is a must have? We will be my husband I and our two kids DS 9, and DD 5. Our last Disney cruise was a double dip and we had adjoining cabins. I don't think my husband will go for that this time so I'm thinking the veranda will give us a separate space in the evening. Any opinions? :)

Hi all!
I have a hold on this cruise and am trying to decide if a veranda is a must have? We will be my husband I and our two kids DS 9, and DD 5. Our last Disney cruise was a double dip and we had adjoining cabins. I don't think my husband will go for that this time so I'm thinking the veranda will give us a separate space in the evening. Any opinions? :)

I just did a quick search on the price. The difference in price between a veranda and an oceanview is minimal.
Considering it is a 15 night cruise, it seems like a good choice.

Hi all!

We went with a veranda too! I agree that with the length of the cruise having the outside space seems worth the price.:goodvibes

Hi All:cool1: Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who wished me speedy recovery and I am on that course. I also wanted to say thanks:worship: for the info on the room in Miami. I hope everyone has a great day and as always Carry On.pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter