• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2013 Wonder Cruise Meet

all is well with Katie, Tyler and me. we will be flying into Ft Lauderdale the day before the cruise and driving into Miami. We have reservations at la Quinta (not sure if i spelled it right i'm tired lol.)

257 Days Away! I cannot wait, even though we will be on Fantasy in December. Looking forward to seeing friends and meeting some new ones. This cruise will be here before we know it! :)

Donna

Just checking in...been having a VERY busy summer :thumbsup2 Just got back from Shelter Island, LI, NY where I spent a week being a camp nurse for a summer camp program for children with cancer and their sibs :love: Looking forward to ths cruise!

Hi:wave:. We have just transferred a dummy booking to this cruise to make a B2B with the Panama Canal cruise on the 6th. I hope we can manage to do both but we haven't yet decided on our plans pre PC cruise but this looks a great way to spend 4 days!! In fact the whole vacation is a bit up in the air till we finally book the flights, plus there are a few other hurdles to jump too. But we are very very hopeful.

It will be just the 2 of us, me and my husband John.

I know there are a few more here who are on the PC cruise too. Going to be great spending 18 nights onboard. We have done 2 x 15 night and 2 x 14 night cruises before so this will be fabulous if we can make it 18 nights!!:goodvibes

We have some special circumstances and was wondering if I could get some ideas from the crew.

We will be flying into Miama, staying a few days at Vero Beach on DVC points, then driving back in rental to Miami International Airport to return the vehicle.

Now....

I asked DCL and they said they do round-trip transportation for 40 a person. I think this is a good deal but I wanted to know if anyone else had better ideas.

I have shared rides with DISers wiht DIS sponsor transportation before and it worked out fine.

Any opinions/ideas?:confused3

hi i'm Mike (31) my DW Katie(28) and DS tyler(1) will be on this cruise as well. we will be staying in Miami the night before and heading back to disney world afterwards for 4 nights.

looking forward to getting to know some new cruise friends.

We are from Maryland. I'm a paramedic for the fire department and she''s an ER nurse.

Hi Everyone! I am Katie, at mentioned above. Mike and I are looking forward to meet everyone. Also participating in the FE exchange! Cannot wait to sail again, I can't seem to get enough! We are going to celebrate Tyler's second birthday, I cannot believe he will be

:firefight:
:MinnieMo
:stitch2:

For those on the 5/2 and 5/6 Back-to-Back cruise(s) who may be interested in hopping off the ship for a little time in the Miami area, I am told it is a short taxi ride to Bayside, or Downtown Miami ... while Miami Beach and South Beach are farther away.

Bayside Marketplace is very close to the port, has shops and restaurants (Bubba Gump, Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters and many more) as well as harbor cruise options. Does anyone have interest in hopping off the ship ... either to meander around the Marketplace, or take a harbor cruise?

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 10:00am-10:00pm
Friday-Saturday, 10:00am-11:00pm
Sunday, 11:00am-9:00pm

Steven

Vero Beach to Miami Airport ...

I asked DCL and they said they do round-trip transportation for 40 a person. I think this is a good deal but I wanted to know if anyone else had better ideas.

I have shared rides with DISers with DIS sponsor transportation before and it worked out fine.

That sounds like a decent rate, so long as you do not have a large party. If you check post #48 (one post prior to this message), you will see a link for Miami to Orlando shuttle for $35 - $50 each. I would expect there to be more people traveling from Miami to Orlando (and vice-versa), and hence, I would expect that pricing to be better than Vero Beach to Miami. :drive:

Lastly, to clarify, it sounds as though you will still need DCL transfers to get from Miami airport to Miami port.

Steven

Since most of us have various places to stay (pre-cruise) in the Orlando / Port Canaveral area, I thought some of us might be interested in staying at a decent hotel (with possible GROUP RATE DISCOUNT), close to the port ... with a possible pre-cruise meet-n-greet.

*** PLEASE SEE POST #12 / PAGE 1, for the updated information

For those flying into Fort Lauderdale ... and needing a ride to a Miami area hotel, or, directly to the port ... consider a shuttle service.

*** PLEASE SEE POST #12 / PAGE 1, for the updated information

hi i'm Mike (31) my DW Katie(28) and DS tyler(1) will be on this cruise as well. we will be staying in Miami the night before and heading back to disney world afterwards for 4 nights.

looking forward to getting to know some new cruise friends.

We are from Maryland. I'm a paramedic for the fire department and she''s an ER nurse.

Hi!

I am Mike's Mom, Sue, and I am joining them on this cruise!!:cheer2::cool1:pixiedust: Thank you Mike and Katie!!:goodvibes

This will be my 3rd cruise!!! Looking forward to chatting and getting to know everyone before the cruise.

I have joined the facebook page Mike has started for us Look forward to chatting also there!

I am from Maryland also!!

Sue

My best friend from High School and I are going on this cruise for her birthday.
I'm Cathy and she is Helen. This will be my 10 Disney cruise, but her First.
Can't wait for a girls only cruise :cool1: We are from Maryland too.

Remember to check page 1 (posts 10, 11 & 12) for additional information regarding the Miami area, attractions, and hotel information.

Steven

We have to leave the group. Last year Taylor (DD20) was finished with her school on April 13th so I figured May 2nd was safe for her to start her vacation. Got her schedule and it goes to May 7th so we are rescheduling. We looked into other cruises and it just won't work out. So you guys have lots of fun for us!:headache::(:furious:

Hello everyone!

We sure do have a very quiet group so it will be interesting to see how full our ship is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter