May 19th 2011, Three Day Dream Cruise

4 Days!!!

I can't seem to figure out how to minimize our luggage...we have never gone anywhere 10 days (except our honeymoon and clothes weren't at the top of my priority list), and even with doing laundry after the cruise, we are finding it hard to pare down. Oh, well. At least we are flying Southwest - although I don't want to carry so much that they decide to change their "Bags Fly Free" policy! :laughing:

Kevin W, the weather on the 22nd has me worried, too. Maybe not worried, just wondering. With the heat and humidity that high, can rain really cool things off. Or will it just be like standing outside in a hot shower. :confused3

Oh, well, either way, I will be hot and miserable (and maybe rain-drenched) in the most magical place on earth~ :wizard: ~ things could be worse!

I can relate with the luggage issue!!! We will have 3 checked bags and 4 carry ons. I would rather not have that many carry ons but because of the FE's that I decided for the adults and the case of water my DH MUST have, we are stuck!! Even the 3rd checked bag is nothing but kid FE's. I just know that we will be coming back with empty bags!!:sad2: Even with all of the souvies we want!!!

OMG!!! We are SOOOOOO close!!!! The pet sitter came again today for a final walk through with my babies!!! :sad1:

Oh, you have a pet sitter, wow. Our boxer will just have to ruff in outside on her blankets with our other dogs instead of having getting to sleep in an actual bed at night.:rotfl: I don't know whether or not I will be able to make it to the meet at the Cove Cafe, so I do hope to get to meet as many as possilbe in the terminal in case I don't get to come. We'll see. Leaving tonight for Valdosta and will arrive tommorow at CBR.

Cove Cafe?? I thought the meet was at Currents. Someone set me straight!!! I don't want to miss it!!! Is it still at 3pm??

3 MORE DAYS!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Oh Shelly ~ My babies would just roll over and die if they were left outside and couldn't sleep in my bed. They even have steps to help them get into bed because the bed is so high!! They are a tad spoiled but I would NEVER tell my DH that!!! They are going to be soooooo mad at me for leaving them, they already know something is up because of the luggage and the pet sitter (that we have used MANY times) visiting!!

I thought it was Currents, too. But my brain is fried. I finished my FE, and I have a thread somewhere with a pic...I already logged out of photobucket, but believe me it is a work of art. Well, a work of something...:rolleyes1

Actually, it turned out better than I thought, but at several points, I was thinking of Target sacks next to my door as my bail out plan!

Hope you all have safe travels!

See ya real soon!

I will be at Currents at 3pm!!

We are SOOOOOO ready to leave!! Everything is packed and taken care of. Weather has been wonderful and the kids are even talking about doing the talent show. (I just don't see that happening, DD14 is WAY too shy for something like that!!)

I am ready to buy some crap in Nassua and the sting ray excursion on CC. My DD11 was given a school project to do while we are the cruises. She needs to find a Cryptid that is known in the Bahamas, so that will be fun looking for those items!! She has already done the research on the ones that she wants to find so we are ready to hunt for ANYTHING on them!!

2 more sleeps people!!!! Can you hear the Rainforest Room calling me??? I can!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Safe travels everyone!!!! I guess it's just us locals that are left to post!!! The rest of you are already on your way!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

See you on the boat!!!!

So my mom and I are doing our final packing, minus the annoyingly last minute items like tooth brush and deodorant, and went to add my Driver's License to the wallet I'm taking along with my credit card and Disney Rewards Card. I get into the wallet and find that my credit card and Disney Rewards Card are not in my wallet!

I freak out! Panic!

I start tearing apart my carry-on bag. Then my mother's. Then my dresser where I had kept some other things for the cruise. Then both our suitcases. Can.not.find.them!

For like 20 minutes I'm searching and freaking out. Finally, while checking the folder I have all the cruise documents and passports in, it dawned on me where they may just be.

I had made copies of both cards (front and back) to have copies on me just in case. Sure enough both were sitting on the glass of my copier.

So minus the annoying last minute items we are all packed.... again.

So, no one back from the cruise with posts? Fantastic trip! The best story to tell was the check in! We took our time getting there from the hotel and got there about 12:30. The Hertz drop off was great, shuttle pulled up right next to the trunk and we loaded up all the luggage and the 5 of us got on the shuttle to the ship. Walked into the terminal, got number 21. Did our health form, went to the line, they told us to go to the castaway club line (we are 1st timers!). Got checked in by Bill who was from NJ as well. My DW chatted with Bill about where he was from, etc, etc. While we were talking with Bill they called groups 1-6. Then Bill finishes up with us and slips us a number 2 card. Then we just walked onto the ship! no time for pics, or looking at the ship model (I wanted to!) It was really a whirlwind check-in!

It was a great cruise.. Was our first time and rebooked on board! Need to go visit the thread for next years cruise now!

check in was fast and we were on board before 12:45. (boarding group 9 after getting there at 10:30. It was suprising how fast that went).

The food was amazing and the banana ice cream was the win, till we got to castaway cay and they had strawberry and banana twist!

Pirate Party and seeing Pirates 4 onboard was a highlight as well.

Believe is good.

We are back form the last cruise of our B2B!!!! Sorry I missed the "meet and greet". We were stuck in the Shopping presentation.

We ALL just LOVED everything we got from the FE's and it was sooooooo much fun for us!!!

I hope everyone had as much fun as we did!!!

Hi guys! Thanks for all the great FE pressies! We loved them all, but most especially the handmade ones :lovestruc

We had an awesome cruise and also rebooked..... for May 19 next year! Although this might be changed as I forgot DS starts school next year and it won't correspond with his vacation time.

Hi everyone

We landed back in London this morning after an amazing vacation

Missing the Florida sunshine already :sad2:

We both want to say a huge thanks for all of the wonderful FE gifts :grouphug:

It was great fun coming back to our room to see what was waiting for us

I hope everyone had a wonderful cruise :goodvibes

Linda

I enjoyed the cruise as well. It was the first cruise ever for my mom and she enjoyed herself!

I live in FL but couldn't stand the heat nor the love bugs, those stupid crazy black bugs that were all over the place on the ship and outside the port. So when I go again I will go only during the Nov-Feb months.

I loved this ship, more so than the Wonder! The Aquaduck was fun! And I loved the decor around the ship. The only thing I hated was the fact that even though I had table #1 in all the restaurants, the first 2 nights in Royal Palace and Enchanted Garden we didn't have a view of the dining room and we were near the serving area. The waiter, in his very broken English, almost unable to understand him, said he wanted for us to have a porthole view, which is very nice of him and understandable, however, I was there to see the restaurants, not the ports we were in or the ocean. I had to request that we have a better view for the 3rd night in Animator's Pallet. He accommodated us on the 3rd night w/ a better view of the dining room and views of the screens so we could see Crush and the other characters interacting with people. Also the stateroom I had (#8643) had some issues w/ a noise in the walls. Kept my mom and I up most of the 3 nights on board the ship. We did complain and the housekeeping dept. gave us an apology note and a book on the making of the ship, a book that most would have had to buy in the shops, along w/ a chocolate cut out of the ship. I hope the problem was resolved, as engineering was called and inspected the problem. I'd hate for the people cruising after me to have to deal w/ the noise. It sounded like something metal was scraping against metal w/ the movement of the ship. It'd roll one way and then roll back the other way. And it would ONLY happen at night, like 2-3 am. Weird.

Anywho, I still had a great time. There was too much to see and do. My next, and 3rd cruise, WILL be a 4 day cruise at least. No more 3 days for me.

The only thing I hated was the fact that even though I had table #1 in all the restaurants, the first 2 nights in Royal Palace and Enchanted Garden we didn't have a view of the dining room and we were near the serving area.

Anywho, I still had a great time. There was too much to see and do. My next, and 3rd cruise, WILL be a 4 day cruise at least. No more 3 days for me.

We had a very similar experience (table #2, second seating), which was a bummer. My family did not even really want to do the dinners at night and I had to talk them out of just heading over for pizza and burgers. The only place we saw anything was about 5-10 seconds with Crush cruising by in AP and one princess' back as she peeked in at RP and then was gone before anyone even really noticed her. :(

The rest of the cruise was great! Four days would be much better than three as there was so much to see and do that we would definitely need more time, but I would definitely ask to be where you could see something with dining next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter