May 19th 2011, Three Day Dream Cruise

Hi Suzy

I have just been reading about this on another thread.

Can you do on-line check in right now then? I thought you would have to wait for a few days out :confused3

Linda

Linda, I was able to do this as a Castaway Club member at the 90 day mark. I think for nonmembers it is 75 days. For some reason the on-line check in documents were not visible until later in the day (or atleast not at 12:01 AM when I first looked). I was able to fill them all out and THEN choose my arrival time. (I also thought I read that you had to wait until a few days out but that was not the case.)

Hi! I'll be staying at the Residence Inn near the airport. We too, will be arriving later in the day on Wednesday so it just made sense for us.

However, I'm curious now about the port arrival times. So are you guys saying that once we can check in online(for me it would be 75 days out because this is my first Disney cruise) that I'll choose a time? That's interesting. I'm just planning on taking the first shuttle out of the airport that morning so I guess I'll just have to kind of guess what time I would arrive. I read that they leave around 930 or 10, I think. So I guess I would choose 1030-11?

Linda, I was able to do this as a Castaway Club member at the 90 day mark. I think for nonmembers it is 75 days. For some reason the on-line check in documents were not visible until later in the day (or atleast not at 12:01 AM when I first looked). I was able to fill them all out and THEN choose my arrival time. (I also thought I read that you had to wait until a few days out but that was not the case.)

Thanks Suzy :goodvibes
I just logged on to check my booking and yep, it gives me a date of 75 days out to use on-line check in
It's in my diary already :banana:

75 days is taking FOREVER to get here!!!!:mad:

This weekend is "cruise" weekend!!! We will be worrking on FE gifts, shopping for some new clothes and organizing our luggage with the items we have already gotten!!!! I can't believe how excited I am about doing all of this!!!

A couple of weekends ago I made boarding shirts for us!!!!

I AM SOOOO FREAKIN EXCITED!!!!!

Ok, I just had to share that!! :flower3:

Just found this thread and love it. We are so excited to be going and our boys are going to be thrilled that POTC4 will be premiering! Too cool! We didn't even know about it when we booked this time. YEAH!

It will be DH (43), me (42), and DS (6 and 11). First time cruisers after first time to Disney and US and Nick Hotel. We will be ready to relax after all the running at the parks. We will be Room #9108 04A. Hope this is a good location, but sure we will not spend much time in there anyway.

Is the FE thing still going on. We don't know much about it, but may be interested in trying it out.

Any tips for first timers would be greatly appreciated!

See you all there.

Shawni

Hello all! This will be our first Disney Cruise and we are so excited. My husband and I are celebrating out 9th anniversary and have invited my parents along so that they can celebrate their 50th anniversary. Our 2 year old son will also be with us. I have seen a few postings about FEs and they sound fun. I would like to learn more and possibly participate. Also any other tips for crusing would be great! Thank you, Christy

It's our first cruise, too, so I don't have many tips, but Welcome Aboard! We decided to do the FE (okay, I did) after reading more on the boards. It does sound like fun! There are some neat threads about homemade gifts with some really unique ideas.

Just found this thread and love it. We are so excited to be going and our boys are going to be thrilled that POTC4 will be premiering! Too cool! We didn't even know about it when we booked this time. YEAH!

It will be DH (43), me (42), and DS (6 and 11). First time cruisers after first time to Disney and US and Nick Hotel. We will be ready to relax after all the running at the parks. We will be Room #9108 04A. Hope this is a good location, but sure we will not spend much time in there anyway.

Is the FE thing still going on. We don't know much about it, but may be interested in trying it out.

Any tips for first timers would be greatly appreciated!

See you all there.

Shawni

Again, no tips, but Welcome! our DS is 7 (turning 8 on the ship :thumbsup2 ) and he would be excited about POTC4, but he has no idea we are going.

The FE post is #108, I think. But that just has the cabins participating.

If I think of any good tips, I'll try to share them here, too! I have read that the shoe organizers are not fitting over the doors in the Dream well, so I might modify mine to hang in the closet or try magnets... Or maybe leave it at home...

It's our first cruise, too, so I don't have many tips, but Welcome Aboard! We decided to do the FE (okay, I did) after reading more on the boards. It does sound like fun! There are some neat threads about homemade gifts with some really unique ideas.

Thank you! I have been reading all of the great posts on FEs and I am so excited to participate.
:donald: :mickeyjum

We are staying at the Spring Hill near DTD. Going to spend the evening there and pick up some last minute pirate gear :)

Read all 14 pages of this thread!!!! What great information!

We are cruising May 19th also. DH, DD4, myself, sister and niece(DN6) :cool1:
We are on Deck 7 with two connecting veranda rooms.

FE sounds like fun but I will watch and learn on this first cruise :-)

We are also staying at the Country Inn the night before and will take cruise shuttle over. I"m hoping for the early shuttle and now with reading about the Port Arrival times I'm not sure. I will hope for the best and show up as early as I can get there.

We are hoping to board early and try to reserve a cabana on Castaway Cay(we are not concierge so must wait til on boat)

We are also staying on this ship in Nassau... Just a big ship with lots to do, so my thoughts.... save the money :goodvibes

Anyone rent the cabanas yet? This arrival time thing has been bothered... :confused3

Read all 14 pages of this thread!!!! What great information!

We are cruising May 19th also. DH, DD4, myself, sister and niece(DN6) :cool1:
We are on Deck 7 with two connecting veranda rooms.

FE sounds like fun but I will watch and learn on this first cruise :-)

We are also staying at the Country Inn the night before and will take cruise shuttle over. I"m hoping for the early shuttle and now with reading about the Port Arrival times I'm not sure. I will hope for the best and show up as early as I can get there.

We are hoping to board early and try to reserve a cabana on Castaway Cay(we are not concierge so must wait til on boat)

We are also staying on this ship in Nassau... Just a big ship with lots to do, so my thoughts.... save the money :goodvibes

Anyone rent the cabanas yet? This arrival time thing has been bothered... :confused3

Hi and Welcome!

I'm worried about arrival times, too! We are leaving from the Hyatt MCO, and a big draw for us was getting to port early, but now, I am reading to get there a little later so you can just walk on. But I bet Disney will have it all figured out by May...plenty of time!

We thought about a cabana also, using money saved from not doing an excursion in Nassau. But May 20th is our son's birthday (he'll be 8) and he has always wanted to swim with dolphins. We'll do that excursion instead. Can you not book the cabanas online or is that just for excursions?

Welcome aboard everyone :welcome:

Anyone else feel like their ticker is stuck :eek:

Hopefully the last couple of months with fly by :goodvibes

Hi again everyone. I just read through the whole thread and took some notes. I have the following information for the fish extenders. Please let me know if I left anyone out or have the wrong information. Obviously as the cruise gets closer those who don't already have room assignments will get them and we can fill in that info.

1. Linda67- Linda, DH deck 10

2. Kelly green eyes 23- Kelly, DM, DF deck 8 main dining Celebrating college graduation

3. Tigger2on-Suzanne, DD6, DM. B2B with May 15th Celebrating Suzanne’s 40th bday

4. Belle1129-B2B with May 15th, 8th deck Celebrating dad's birthday on May 20th

5. AuroraGrace- mom and DS 4

6. Tikibirds- Sandy deck 7 cat 11c

7. ShellyLynn3630- mom and DD cabin 5768

8. Addlema-
Celebrating 10th anniversary on 20th

9. Cathy_s- Cathy&Ray Sara 17 Hope 14 cabins 7681 & 7683 late dining Celebrating 21st anniversary on May 19

10. Mum from oz- Simone, DP, DS DD deck 7

11. BluegrassBelles-Donna, Joan, Sandy, Sarah, Jeremy b2b May 15th. cabin 10578 main dining Celebrating Sarah’s and Jeremy's graduation from law school.

12. RROARKE-Rob
Celebrating 12th anniversary

13. Tracykim- Tracy, DH DD14, DD11 B2B starting with this cruise cabin 5532

14. Kjackson83- deck 8

15. Suzyqn-Suzy and 3 family members deck 9

16. Suzyqn’s sister- and 3 family members

since this is our first trip I don't think we are going to participate in the FE exchanges. Maybe next time!

since this is our first trip I don't think we are going to participate in the FE exchanges. Maybe next time!

Removed you...
For everyone else... the updated list is actually on Page 8 post #108

Removed you...
For everyone else... the updated list is actually on Page 8 post #108

We want to participate :woohoo: We have two rooms and both will be doing FE.
The first room is 7536 me, DH, and DS2 will be in that one.
The second room is 7538 and my mom who is 69 and my father who is 71 will be in there.
:yay:

Hi and Welcome!

I'm worried about arrival times, too! We are leaving from the Hyatt MCO, and a big draw for us was getting to port early, but now, I am reading to get there a little later so you can just walk on. But I bet Disney will have it all figured out by May...plenty of time!

We thought about a cabana also, using money saved from not doing an excursion in Nassau. But May 20th is our son's birthday (he'll be 8) and he has always wanted to swim with dolphins. We'll do that excursion instead. Can you not book the cabanas online or is that just for excursions?

Unfortunately you can only book cabanas early if you are concierage. Others must do it on the boat and I've been reading it isn't a "for sure" thing of who/where to reserve them.

I'm ready for May to get here. A hint of spring has arrived and I'm getting anxious :banana:

75 days until our cruise! Woohoo! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hope you all got the excursions you wanted! There are still lots of reservation at Palo, but only a few for Remy left. (We are not eating there, but I was curious so I looked)

Hope you all get what you're looking for! :wizard:

Its so nice to be past the 75 day mark now :banana:

I haven't started on my FE gifts yet as I wanted to wait until we have the final list

I am also hoping inspiration will strike and I will think of something good to give everyone :idea:

I think the cut off is end of March

Cut off date for FE participation is March 19. That gives everyone exactly 8 weeks to prepare and not feel rushed.

Thankyou for adding me to the FE list. I forgot to mention that both cabins will be celebrating anniversarys. It will be our 9th and my parents 50th. I cant wait to cruise. It has been a great help to read all of the info posted here :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter