• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

Any chance you could share the instructions - i have an ipad but never actually saved anything to it and don't have a clue how to!

Well, it started when he asked me if I have iBooks.".. So, that's what I will ask you. While waiting for an answer, I"ll go over our communications .

This would be a summary of what Matt said to me :

I clicked, then opened the Pdf. There was an option on the bottom to download. I clicked there and then in the top I was given the option to open/save in iBooks. Does that make sense? Do you have the option to click the download button on the bottom of the PDF?

Stand by - I'll go and get my ipad! But the ibooks thing - I've never put that on there, so unless it is something on there automatically then no.

I just remembered that the option " to save in iBooks" was something that appeared in the upper right hand of the screen when I inadvertently touched that area lightly. Finding that to click on was just about the hardest thing. The envelope with the arrow extending from it was what Matt used to get the "iBooks" but for me, "iBooks" wan't there.

Good luck!
Bobbi:goodvibes

I have done the download thing, but nothing now appearing, and am clicking everywhere to try and make something appear. :confused3

I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze it in somewhere - after lugging 6 suitcases and six carry on's around texas for the last 2 weeks I'm sure 1 more box of wine won't kill us :faint::faint:

If you see us at the port come and grab it but if not i'm sure I'll see you at the meet & greet

Paul

I would absolutely love one if you have the capacity to carry it - I'm not staying in Galveston though, so wouldn't actually see you until the Saturday?

If you can, great, and will happily reimburse you, if you can't, then no problem (I'll just stalk your cabin for a drink instead :rotfl:!!!). :)

I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze it in somewhere - after lugging 6 suitcases and six carry on's around texas for the last 2 weeks I'm sure 1 more box of wine won't kill us :faint::faint:

If you see us at the port come and grab it but if not i'm sure I'll see you at the meet & greet

Paul

I ordered wine from Spec's in Galveston and I'll pick it up on Friday on the way to my hotel - then, I've got wine sleeves and an extra carry-on for boarding the ship. I believe wine is part of the basic essential food groups - starts with grapes after all !!!!!:cheer2:

I class wine as one of my 5 a day,

I was looking at getting bottles but the box is so handy, light and v v cheap, works out at about $2 a bottle, and it's not bad - just having a glass now :cool1:

I ordered wine from Spec's in Galveston and I'll pick it up on Friday on the way to my hotel - then, I've got wine sleeves and an extra carry-on for boarding the ship. I believe wine is part of the basic essential food groups - starts with grapes after all !!!!!:cheer2:

I was looking at getting bottles but the box is so handy, light and v v cheap, works out at about $2 a bottle, and it's not bad - just having a glass now :cool1:

I am having a glass also - cheers !!! Also - my fav wine doesn't come in boxes !

Tubbster, thank you so much! If you see a blonde lady with 2 teenagers all wearing matching tshirts at the port, that will be me!

I got up at 4:30 a.m., showered, and checked my flights online while eating breakfast. I saw that my 6:45 a.m. flight to Dallas was delayed just over 2 hours, so I called American to see if there was anything else I could take. Had I been able to make a 6:05 flight to Chicago, I could've gotten to IAH at 11:40 - the same time as my original flight to HOU. However, my rental car and roommate will be waiting for me at Houston Hobby! Therefore, I will wait for my original flight to depart as now scheduled, and hope that my new connecting flight, arriving at 1:55, isn't also delayed. I feel bad for Vicki - who will have to wait for me or take a shuttle to Galveston on her own.

If I were cruising today, I'd be a nervous wreck! I have never flown in the day the ship sailed, and I hope I never have to. To the poster who thinks nothing of flying the day the ship sails, but is leery of booking a non-DCL excursion for fear of "missing the boat" - you have it backwards, buddy! :teeth:

See you all Saturday, and maybe some of you tomorrow night at the Tremont. :)

I got up at 4:30 a.m., showered, and checked my flights online while eating breakfast. I saw that my 6:45 a.m. flight to Dallas was delayed just over 2 hours, so I called American to see if there was anything else I could take. Had I been able to make a 6:05 flight to Chicago, I could've gotten to IAH at 11:40 - the same time as my original flight to HOU. However, my rental car and roommate will be waiting for me at Houston Hobby! Therefore, I will wait for my original flight to depart as now scheduled, and hope that my new connecting flight, arriving at 1:55, isn't also delayed. I feel bad for Vicki - who will have to wait for me or take a shuttle to Galveston on her own.

If I were cruising today, I'd be a nervous wreck! In 24 cruises, I have never flown in the day the ship sailed, and I hope I never have to. To the poster who thinks nothing of arriving the day the ship sails, but is leery of booking a non-DCL excursion for fear of "missing the boat" - you have it backwards, buddy! :teeth:

See you all Saturday, and maybe some of you tomorrow night at the Tremont. :)

Wow! Yes, good to allow for travel problems. We have an early AM flight to Houston tomorrow!
We do not generally take non cruise-line excursions. We have witnessed problems of that sort as well.

Have fun in Galveston.

Wow! Yes, good to allow for travel problems. We have an early AM flight to Houston tomorrow!
We do not generally take non cruise-line excursions. We have witnessed problems of that sort as well.

Have fun in Galveston.

I have seen people miss the boat, but it wasn't because they were on private tours; it's because they were idiots! I'll take a private tour any day before I will fly to the port city the same day the ship sails.

I was bringing bottles, bought special wine "nappy" bags as well. However, the bottles are just so heavy I couldn't fit them in. Bought a couple of 2 litre boxes as well, which I think weigh less than 3 bottles even though they've got 6 bottles equivalent between them!

I am packed. :thumbsup2. Slightly worried about weight, I only have cheap suitcase scales and one is bang on 23 kilos, but I'm not sure how accurate the scales are. I have a pull along bag that is lighter but no space, so can't transfer anything in, and the final suitcase I need to wait til the kids get home as can't lift it and see what it weighs by myself!

Have semi tidied house, about to go and hoover. Got a much needed haricut booked in an hour, then taking DD and DS for theirs after school.

After that, DS has to clean out his hamsters and take them to a friends house, and I am waiting for someone to come and collect my foster cat and take him to another foster carer whilst we're away.

Glad you are coming in today, Nancy! We had several tornadoes around Dallas last night. The spring weather that normally hits in April is running about a month late it seems.

We should arrive at Hobby around 7:30 in the morning. Weather is looking better the next few days and 0% chance of rain for sailaway when I looked this morning. :cool1:

I will definitely see you guys at the Tremont tomorrow night! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter