May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

Think they must be laced with something because once I open a box I have a hard time stop eating them.. LOL

Yeah. They're laced with STARBUCKS. I swear Starbucks puts something in their coffee to make it addictive...:tongue::smooth:

THIN MINTS! Love them.

I bought 35 boxes of GS cookies this year haha. 25 were Thin Mints. I planned to use them to make ice cream (DH is a homemade ice cream enthusiast), but they are all still just sitting there.

I can't believe we leave so soon! I am already telling clients "I'll see you in SIX WEEKS". WOW!

I hear you on the travelling when you should be packing. I will be packing this weekend because my schedule looks like this:
Monday, April 29th-Thursday, May 2nd-working like crazy!! (14-15 hr days)
Friday, may 3rd-Sunday May 5th- 10 hr drive to Ohio for DH's cousin's wedding
Sunday May 5th-Friday May 10th-working out of town at university of rochester in NY
Friday, May 10-Hosting a going away party at my house for over 50 ppl.
Saturday, May 11-Sunday, May 12-Out of town in Pa for baptism/Mother's Day/ DH bday
Sunday, May 12-Friday, May 17th-back at university of rochester
Friday, May 17th-Driving back home to PHL to caught my flight

Should I start to freak out yet?

Just got off the phone and my University of Rochester work has been pushed back until after I return from vacation. I never thought I would utter these words but I LOVE FINALS and dead week!. Even though these weeks are the optimal time to preform my study, they don't care and don't want to disturb the students and graduations. My prayers have been answered!

Prior to our cruise in December, I was working 16 hr shifts 6 days a week away from home doing Hurricance Sandy cleanup work and it was so stressful and tiring. Stress level has just gone down so much!

I'm having a difficult time figuring out all the DISnames/Facebook names and their cabin numbers

ME! I am a stickler for the time - You can give me a call anytime on board for a time check! :)

...and I will, Stephen!

LOL - It's Paul (not Stephen) but just to tie everything up for you
DISNAME=p17blo
Facebook=Paul Brennan
Cabin=6152

I would be ever so grateful, since this is my first time peering into cabins, if someone who has previously led the Stateroom Walk on another cruise would give me some guidance on this....
I haven't done anything like this before but I would be more than happy to assist you with planning and/or 'hearding' on the day - PM if you want ;)

Not sure if all of you are following our facebook page, but I've been asked by a number of people to put another order in for the Polos I received the other day (there is a post in this thread with images of them) - I'm happy to oblige and i've posted all details over the facebook page.

If you aren't following and you are interested, please PM me your email address and I will send you more details.

Please can you let me know if you are interested by the end of the weekend - I'll work out final costs and send those of you interested a paypal request. I'll be placing an order on Tuesday or Wednesday next week to ensure they are all here in plenty of time and then I'll bring everything with me to the ship and meet up with you onboard. - The 50/50 Polos is the most in demand at the moment so if you are looking for best Value (as prices reduce for the more we take in a specific style etc) that's the one to go for.

Yeah. They're laced with STARBUCKS. I swear Starbucks puts something in their coffee to make it addictive...:tongue::smooth:

Well that would explain why I can't stop eating them.. I'm a big Starbucks addict. Quad Espresso Macchiato usually twice daily.. First one after I dropped the kids of in the morning which by at that time I already had 2 cups of coffee :rotfl2:

You would think this be me :jumping1: :rotfl:

THIN MINTS! Love them.

I bought 35 boxes of GS cookies this year haha. 25 were Thin Mints. I planned to use them to make ice cream (DH is a homemade ice cream enthusiast), but they are all still just sitting there.

I can't believe we leave so soon! I am already telling clients "I'll see you in SIX WEEKS". WOW!

I think I might miss placed your address... Let me know when the ice cream is ready to eat ;)

Just got off the phone and my University of Rochester work has been pushed back until after I return from vacation. I never thought I would utter these words but I LOVE FINALS and dead week!. Even though these weeks are the optimal time to preform my study, they don't care and don't want to disturb the students and graduations. My prayers have been answered!

Prior to our cruise in December, I was working 16 hr shifts 6 days a week away from home doing Hurricance Sandy cleanup work and it was so stressful and tiring. Stress level has just gone down so much!

Yay.. Cheers... Means you will arrive to the cruise not totally exhausted ;)

YAY Emily!!!! Parrrr---ty time!!!:banana::banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo:

Sorry if I am cutting into something here - I am posting from my phone for the first time.
I am still trying to coordinate a ride from IAH to Galvaston/Tremont on Friday night leaving airport about 7:30pm.
Let me know if this might fit your schedule :-)
Lynn

I am sorry for your loss. What a nice way to honor her!

I think you were the one with the friend that was waitlisted for addtional days in Barcelona along with me. Has she heard anything? I have called but they still know nothing. I might just do deviation for additional.

I knew this trip would be here before we knew it. We have so much going on this time of year that I feel like I won't get everything done. If anyone pmed me and did not get thru, my box was full. Gotta go clean it out now.

Yes it was my friend who was wait listed. Our travel agent called everyday and about a month ago they did say they had rooms for her. I had paid $200 per night she was told her charge would be $400 per night per room and would need two rooms because there are four of them. :confused3:confused3 She choose to rent an apartment that is close to the familia church. She is happy with this plan because looking at prices for food and having four in the family they are happy to be able to eat some meals there. We were all surprised at the cost of the rooms from what I had paid.

I just wanted to thank everyone for your thoughts with my grandma. It was a bitter sweet passing. She had no idea who anyone was and was in pain as well as being sick and could not remember from moment to moment. She is no longer in pain and no longer forgets so it is a blessing. Thank you all again, I am so looking forward to meeting everyone and having an adult time-out.

Considering the awesome customer service I have had on the cruises, I was really surprised at the issues I had with this part of it. Victor came thru today with a deviation but it is going to cost me $600 more and if it would have been taken care of in the beginning it wouldn't have. Plus now I have to arrange transportation. I called no less then 6 times, I really lost count and they always told me the same thing, nothing yet. Just wait till you hear from us. I am looking at hotel accomodations right now. I am THANKFUL for Victor and that he took pity on me in my stressed out frustrated condition but overall was disappointed in the lack of consistancy from agent to agent and lack of followup. I have been looking at places to stay all day. I just don't know what area we want to be in and since it is costing us more to not only stay but the deviation and flight fees I need it to be reasonable. Glad it worked out for your friend. We paid $260 for the Hilton Diagonal for one night but there are no rooms there for any other days after the 1st.
Yes it was my friend who was wait listed. Our travel agent called everyday and about a month ago they did say they had rooms for her. I had paid $200 per night she was told her charge would be $400 per night per room and would need two rooms because there are four of them. :confused3:confused3 She choose to rent an apartment that is close to the familia church. She is happy with this plan because looking at prices for food and having four in the family they are happy to be able to eat some meals there. We were all surprised at the cost of the rooms from what I had paid.

When is her birthday? We are doing dd's "half" birthday the weekend before we leave with family. We still don't know if we are moving and she has always wanted a pool party. Her birthday is in January and that doesn't work with the weather and our pool. So we said we could do it when it warms up. Mother nature has not been so cooperative this season and she has not been in the pool but 2 times. Usually by now she has had a month in. Right now she is NOT a fan of Mother Nature. LOL I am sure she is going to want to spread her half birthday celebration into the cruise too! LOL
So my niece (who LOVES birthdays) just informed me that the day we board the ship is also her half birthday and that she is getting the Mickey cruise as her half birthday present. And she also asked to blow out Uncle Michael's birthday candles. So it looks like we will be celebrating a half birthday on May 18th!

My sister also tried to get her to watch the movies Cars and was informed "Mommy, I don't like race car movies, I only like princess movies"

I really liked Cars!

I'm still in SoCal at my daughter's - caring for my special needs grandson as I do - so I won't be back to my home in NoCal until 5 days prior to flying to Houston/Galveston and our meet at Tremont. So I'm a bit stressed - I "think" I have it all together ----- however today I realized that I forgot to reorder my make-up. So now I'm thinking oh my what else did I forget - especially as my DH and other DGS are meeting w/me in Rome post cruise to celebrate his high school graduation - what do I need to remind them to bring/pack and what else do I need for that phase of the vacation - okay - yes - I'm stressing and most likely needlessly. Thanks all for a place to vent !

I'm still in SoCal at my daughter's - caring for my special needs grandson as I do - so I won't be back to my home in NoCal until 5 days prior to flying to Houston/Galveston and our meet at Tremont. So I'm a bit stressed - I "think" I have it all together ----- however today I realized that I forgot to reorder my make-up. So now I'm thinking oh my what else did I forget - especially as my DH and other DGS are meeting w/me in Rome post cruise to celebrate his high school graduation - what do I need to remind them to bring/pack and what else do I need for that phase of the vacation - okay - yes - I'm stressing and most likely needlessly. Thanks all for a place to vent !

Chris, vent away!! You are not alone in stressing, I'm right there with you. :crazy2:

When is her birthday? We are doing dd's "half" birthday the weekend before we leave with family. We still don't know if we are moving and she has always wanted a pool party. Her birthday is in January and that doesn't work with the weather and our pool. So we said we could do it when it warms up. Mother nature has not been so cooperative this season and she has not been in the pool but 2 times. Usually by now she has had a month in. Right now she is NOT a fan of Mother Nature. LOL I am sure she is going to want to spread her half birthday celebration into the cruise too! LOL

Her birthday is November 18th so she will be exactly 3.5 years old on the day we board. Which means it will be pretty close to both my Mom and my half birthday (November 4th and 14th) as well. But I realized a few years ago that my dad died on my half birthday so no fun in celebrating it for me :( Plus, we are busy celebrating DH's actually birthday on May 12th!

I've put a spreadsheet online with a list of Polos and Hoodies requested so far. I am still waiting for a couple to let me know about posting their names online, so some names are removed for privacy at the moment.

If you think your name should be on the list and isn't please contact me as soon as you can.

I've indicated what the cost would be for each item if I ordered what has been requested so far; obviously as quantities change the price will to; i'll keep it up to date.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgMTEDXPkTrwdGtyRmVLUG42cVMxOU9reDR0dkp2UFE&usp=sharing

party: Are you celebrating an event onboard?

Please reply within this thread (not a PM) and I will add to post #1 and our personal DIS navigator! Wedding anniversary? Birthday? First Cruise? If you have an exact date of the celebration, please include it and I will add it on our calendar of events for that date. Otherwise it will be added as an additional "Celebrations" just below the calendar. I have added celebrations to a different rollcall I am helping with, and I know some people book cruises to celebrate end of chemo, kicking cancer in the rear, etc -- so if you have something to celebrate you would like to share, just reply and I will keep a list to add to post #1! :goodvibes

My Mom will be celebrating her 81st Birthday on May 29th! :bday:
Would love her to be added to the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter