• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

The new clocks next to the bed that has also an Ipod dock in it and the wavephones have the time change automaticly adjusted.

At least that was the case for our Western cruise on the Fantasy last December...

So that would make it a lot easier :-)

On previous cruises people have worn purple and black or red clothing and some with masks on Villians night, is anyone planning to do similar. I bought one in Venice (there in every shop) the other week and wondered whether to pack it.

Come to think of it, they had a decorating class for masks.

Anyone?

Things have been crazy the last week. I have for several months had written down when things need to get done so nothing is forgotten. My grandma who has been ill for a long time has passed away. The best time for everyone to gather from across the US is May 11..... HELP I should be packing that day not traveling. So now we are squeezing in a trip to LA that weekend. My calender is now a mess, I use paper hate the phone for this. Scribbles and cross out's everywhere in hopes to fit everything in. On the blessing side we will be spending Friday the 10th at Disneyland in honor of her. She lives about a 5 min. drive from the park and as kids we would always visit the parks with her. It sure is now sounding almost like an air, land and sea cruise.

Things have been crazy the last week. I have for several months had written down when things need to get done so nothing is forgotten. My grandma who has been ill for a long time has passed away. The best time for everyone to gather from across the US is May 11..... HELP I should be packing that day not traveling. So now we are squeezing in a trip to LA that weekend. My calender is now a mess, I use paper hate the phone for this. Scribbles and cross out's everywhere in hopes to fit everything in. On the blessing side we will be spending Friday the 10th at Disneyland in honor of her. She lives about a 5 min. drive from the park and as kids we would always visit the parks with her. It sure is now sounding almost like an air, land and sea cruise.

Sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. But I'm glad you will honor her with pixie dust at the happiest place on Earth!

Sorry to hear about your grandma. :grouphug:

So sorry for your loss. I am sure all will work out if you just take a breath and just pack when you can.

On previous cruises people have worn purple and black or red clothing and some with masks on Villians night, is anyone planning to do similar. I bought one in Venice (there in every shop) the other week and wondered whether to pack it.

Anyone?

Villain's night - I am wearing my Mistress of all Evil tshirt from Sorcerer of MK game. I saw masks in Venice..hope there is a mask class.

Sorry for your loss. DL will be extra fun that day :thumbsup2 . packing will get done, and if you forget something..oh well ..it will be fine!;)

I am so sorry for your loss :grouphug:

I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I think a trip to DL to honor her sounds so nice.

I hear you on the travelling when you should be packing. I will be packing this weekend because my schedule looks like this:
Monday, April 29th-Thursday, May 2nd-working like crazy!! (14-15 hr days)
Friday, may 3rd-Sunday May 5th- 10 hr drive to Ohio for DH's cousin's wedding
Sunday May 5th-Friday May 10th-working out of town at university of rochester in NY
Friday, May 10-Hosting a going away party at my house for over 50 ppl.
Saturday, May 11-Sunday, May 12-Out of town in Pa for baptism/Mother's Day/ DH bday
Sunday, May 12-Friday, May 17th-back at university of rochester
Friday, May 17th-Driving back home to PHL to caught my flight

Should I start to freak out yet?

WVURunner said:
Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I think a trip to DL to honor her sounds so nice.

I hear you on the travelling when you should be packing. I will be packing this weekend because my schedule looks like this:
Monday, April 29th-Thursday, May 2nd-working like crazy!! (14-15 hr days)
Friday, may 3rd-Sunday May 5th- 10 hr drive to Ohio for DH's cousin's wedding
Sunday May 5th-Friday May 10th-working out of town at university of rochester in NY
Friday, May 10-Hosting a going away party at my house for over 50 ppl.
Saturday, May 11-Sunday, May 12-Out of town in Pa for baptism/Mother's Day/ DH bday
Sunday, May 12-Friday, May 17th-back at university of rochester
Friday, May 17th-Driving back home to PHL to caught my flight

Should I start to freak out yet?

Yes you should or should already be freaking out.

Anyone?

We had added it as an event on the webpage when it was created about a year ago, but after people were having concerns about this cruise being too much like a previous Transatlantic crossing, I was skeptical to add to the front page of this thread. I added the link now with all the events and linked the webpage. :thumbsup2 The chit-chat a while back was the same --- purple and black, masks, some kiddos/adults wear Villains character tshirts, etc --- and that we would just do it whatever night Villains. Some families have bought cute Villains tshirts that I know. Watch our daily Navigators onboard, and the night the show is Villains (and the Villains masquerade afterwards in atrium area), wear our attire. Someone was told recently by DCL that Villains will definitely be onboard, we just don't know which night - so watch our Navigators. :goodvibes

As far as masks -- on the previous DCL transatlantic cruise I did, we made masks as a DCL activity held in Promenade Lounge. Feathers, glitter, markers, paper mask. It worked just fine :) But some have really neat masks they brought onboard.

I am sorry to hear this.:grouphug:

Bobbi

I am updating my TripIt and just looked this up so I'd have a note of who is joining. Anyone else?

Meeting 5:50am Tremont Lobby, then towards Starbucks, then to harbor area between Willie G's and Harbor House to watch the Magic sail in :boat:

We have had the following respond so far:
- SaraCat x 2
- gonecrusin x 3
- Stevie x 1
- MandyGirl x 1 (or a couple more - sleepyheads)

Looks like there are other crazies out there with me ;)

We had added it as an event on the webpage when it was created about a year ago, but after people were having concerns about this cruise being too much like a previous Transatlantic crossing, I was skeptical to add to the front page of this thread. I added the link now with all the events and linked the webpage. :thumbsup2 The chit-chat a while back was the same --- purple and black, masks, some kiddos/adults wear Villains character tshirts, etc --- and that we would just do it whatever night Villains. Some families have bought cute Villains tshirts that I know. Watch our daily Navigators onboard, and the night the show is Villains (and the Villains masquerade afterwards in atrium area), wear our attire. Someone was told recently by DCL that Villains will definitely be onboard, we just don't know which night - so watch our Navigators. :goodvibes

As far as masks -- on the previous DCL transatlantic cruise I did, we made masks as a DCL activity held in Promenade Lounge. Feathers, glitter, markers, paper mask. It worked just fine :) But some have really neat masks they brought onboard.

Where the heck have I been???? I've been on 8 DLC cruises - including a wbta and a ebpc w/a 5 night post ebpc and the remainder all 7 nights - I don't remember villains night - ever !!! I will make sure to check it out this time !!!

I'm so sorry for your loss - I love that you're honoring her at DL - enjoy happy memories !

Thanks for holding us accountable!!! I just added the event for each day in TripIt. There. It's in my plan. Walking across the Atlantic.... :thumbsup2

RUNNING CLUB
Want to avoid coming on the ship as a cruiser and coming off as a tanker? Join your fellow DISers as we hit the pavement, I mean the deck, every morning at 7:30. Find some motivation and a running/walking buddy to help you reach your goal. Running logs will be handed out at the first meet to help you track your progress. Set a goal of an on-board half-marathon (13.1 miles), on board full marathon (26.2 miles) or an on-board Ultra (50 miles). Certificates will be handed out on the last day for those who have reached their goal.

We will meet on Deck 4, Starboard side AFT, every morning at 7:30. If you are not an early riser and would like to log miles on your own time, feel free to do so but make sure you come to the first/last day meet to grab your log and certificate. An extra gold star will be awarded for those that only take the stairs and attend other workout classes while onboard. Walkers and runners of any kind and skill are welcome to join us.

DisName Name
Kirbo Kirsten
nitrame Eileen
Viking 53 Chuck
SaraCat Sara
Sara's DH
LWQuestie Erin
Emiel Emiel
kris3kid Kris
Jackie
Chris
MandyGirl Mandy
SDlong329 Steven
SDlong329 Donna
txsleeping beauty Kari
hmhaase Hope
hmhaase Aaron
Stephanie
LySand Lynn
Msaxon Meredith
geffric Geoff
geffric Susan
Jjmat John
Jjmat Julia
LuvsTheSun Lynne
LuvsTheSun Terry
GoofyNewfie Chris
GoofyNewfie Kim
Goofy39.3 Adam
Mrs.Goofy39.3 Heather
Squirrel956 Dave
Max
jhill10428 Jason
Lauri
Sarah
Lee
Anthony
gramfrog Jacquie
MissAndrea Andrea

Anyone?

My masks are packed, that was a great night and we got some fab pics.
I love all these dis traditions that have been made from previous dis cruisers like champagne girls, villains night and Mickey Mouse club night.

Things have been crazy the last week. I have for several months had written down when things need to get done so nothing is forgotten. My grandma who has been ill for a long time has passed away. .

Sorry to hear your sad news. :grouphug:

Where the heck have I been???? I've been on 8 DLC cruises - including a wbta and a ebpc w/a 5 night post ebpc and the remainder all 7 nights - I don't remember villains night - ever !!! I will make sure to check it out this time !!!

:rotfl2: I don't know which cruise it was first started on but we copied the idea in 2011, great fun at the masquerade ball in the atrium with everyone In There masks.

I'm sure one of the ebta's they even had co-ordinated coloured theme nights, so everyone was dressed in same colour be it dresses, shorts, tshirts, too much over planning for me that but would have been funny to see.

My masks are packed, that was a great night and we got some fab pics.
I love all these dis traditions that have been made from previous dis cruisers like champagne girls, villains night and Mickey Mouse club night.

:rotfl2: I don't know which cruise it was first started on but we copied the idea in 2011, great fun at the masquerade ball in the atrium with everyone In There masks.

I'm glad you are bringing your masks!!! Those were lovely! Ditto on the traditions. Many of the DIS events are what made our previous DCL cruises even *more* better. :thumbsup2

I have read the story about how Champagne Girls originated. So glad Noel was able to get that put together for us (gonna borrow a daughter's tiara but need to purchase my pink boa still).

Villains Night - yep - maybe it was reading previous trip reports or rollcall threads about the purple/black. Here are some of Corrina's pictures from 2010. I know I have seen some group pics on DIS of the purple/black and masks - even if smaller groups around the show / dinner / ball. We had some great pictures of our kids with the show characters at the ball that night. Here are some good show pics someone has and someone else for the ball which show the masks that can be made onboard. Maybe some who were on the 2010 crossings remember origins of such events? Noel?? I know the 2010 WBTA had a plethora of activities we got ideas from for the 2011 WBTA.... back in the day where DCL offered private mojito tastings still. :rolleyes:

Same thing for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse night, Stevie. ::MickeyMo We have it on our website, had talked about watching the Navigators for when the Fab Five are slated to have pictures, and that would be the night. If for some reason we didn't get the Fab Five (or more!!) then have a back-up date. It was suggested the backup date being night before disembarkation, but was felt too many would be packing and could not wear their tshirt. Regardless, we are bringing our shirts, including hubby's 1970s shirt our oldest daughter will wear again. :lovestruc I'll put it on the first page of activities because I know some will still want to participate. It was so cool in 2011 seeing sooooooo many shirts! We were cheap - made our's with the iron-on - but still worked fine :)

If it doesn't offend anyone, can I go ahead and remove "Scrap Booking" and "Palo Group Dinner" from our first page of activities? We never got an event coordinator for Scrap Booking, so I assume no interest. Palo Group Dinner event sponsor withdrew in February and I don't think there has been any interest expressed. I didn't want to remove them and then get in trouble for stepping on toes -- but am starting to try to work on the DIS Personal Navigator.

Also - if Event Coordinators can have your final tidbits of info on your posts, or if you want to include a final list of names (maybe just first names or DISboard names for privacy purposes - no cabin numbers), that would be FANTABULOUS! :) If you can update your post by May 4 I will start really hammering away the Personal Navigator on May 5 so that it is uploaded as a PDF file by May 16. Thank you so very much!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter