• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

We are organizing a walk-around to visit different category staterooms on the EBTA one mid-morning within the first eight days of the cruise. It would be particularly helpful to those who are either a) thinking about booking a future cruise or b) curious about layouts of rooms. If you would like to join in, and/or hopefully have your room shown, please PM me and I'll add you to the list. Particularly looking for the larger verandahs in aft, ocean view rooms, sideways inside rooms, and concierge suites. :cool1: Roy or Walt, anyone??? :love: In addition, our Facebook EBTA page has a doc on Cabin Cruisers and people have already added some cabins to the list. Thanks!

Sorry we have been MIA for the last few week. Our 23 year old niece was admitted to OSU intensive Care unit on 3/25 for acute liver failure. Unfortunately, there wasn't a liver found before she died on 4/2.

So if we have missed rsvp's for various things, please PM us, so we can get caught up.

Thanks, JenDen
Jen, I am SO SORRY for your loss of your niece. Such a short life, but the memory of her life will be long. xx

Sorry we have been MIA for the last few week. Our 23 year old niece was admitted to OSU intensive Care unit on 3/25 for acute liver failure. Unfortunately, there wasn't a liver found before she died on 4/2.

So if we have missed rsvp's for various things, please PM us, so we can get caught up.

Thanks, JenDen

Jen I am so sorry to hear that. Praying for the family.

Thanks, JenDen

So sorry to hear this, prayers to your family.

This month is national Donate Life month - hopefully if someone is reading this and is not a registered organ donor, but is considering it, they might sign up. Any adult from any US state can sign up here - it will link them to their state donor registry (we don't have a national donor registry in the US). I am actually reading this book right now -- it is about a former student of mine. No loss is easy. :( I will add your family to my prayers during this difficult time if that is okay.

I am a big supportor of donation. Since my Dad wanted to be cermated, we donated everything they would take. We just didn't see the need of letting it go to waste if it could be used to help someone. It gave me great peace knowing that after his death, he was able to help people.

In 43 days I won't be able to contain my excitement!!! I pity the people on our flight!

I get so excited and gitty before vacation, I can't even sleep the night before we leave. It is going to be tough since I will have to work on Friday morning, I am not going to be able to contain my excitement in the office. I drive my husband nuts with my excitment, espically since he never gets excited (or shows any emotion for that matter).

Also, I checked into blood donation for DH (who is a big donor but hasn't been able to donate for over a year from the places I have made him visit) and there doesn't seem to be any restrictions on the places we are visiting so you shouldn't have to wait to donate once we get back! Which means DH still has 6 months remaining.....

Thank you all for your kinds words, thoughts and prayers. :sad1:

April is not only organ donation month it is Autism month.

Looking forward to meeting new friends!!! :)

Thanks, JenDen

:grouphug: Prayers for your famiily.

Bobbi

Are there any updates I need to make to the first post? I can change Tink's name for PJ Breakfast and Pin Trading (still hoping she comes back! :goodvibes )

Any dates to add to the calendar?

BadBrad -- haven't seen you post in a while. You still onboard for Pub Crawl?

I would still participate in the pin trading. If there's no other person to organize it, I will, if I can learn how to pick a place and time. Do you have to go through Guest services on the ship. I've not been on the Magic before.

Bobbi:)

I would still participate in the pin trading. If there's no other person to organize it, I will, if I can learn how to pick a place and time. Do you have to go through Guest services on the ship. I've not been on the Magic before.

Bobbi:)
depending on how many folks are interested you may not need to worry a lot. Unless folks are bringing lots of books (which I doubt due to luggage restrictions) you could most likely just pick a table on deck or do what I did on the Wonder a few years back, we met on deck 4 above the Atrium, the kids sat on the floor and had a blast (in the corner near Studio Sea) and the bigger kids sat in chairs they dragged over. We were there for about an hour or so, the cast were checking in to see if we needed anything, and no one was upset at all about where we were.

We are not bringing books, just a few lanyard traders for officer's trading night. As I said on FB - I don't wear a lanyard, I just carry a few pins in my bag or pocket to trade with the cast members outside of the buffet line, or at guest services. Those are the only lanyards that are around consistently.

Cayla

depending on how many folks are interested you may not need to worry a lot. Unless folks are bringing lots of books (which I doubt due to luggage restrictions) you could most likely just pick a table on deck or do what I did on the Wonder a few years back, we met on deck 4 above the Atrium, the kids sat on the floor and had a blast (in the corner near Studio Sea) and the bigger kids sat in chairs they dragged over. We were there for about an hour or so, the cast were checking in to see if we needed anything, and no one was upset at all about where we were.

We are not bringing books, just a few lanyard traders for officer's trading night. As I said on FB - I don't wear a lanyard, I just carry a few pins in my bag or pocket to trade with the cast members outside of the buffet line, or at guest services. Those are the only lanyards that are around consistently.

Cayla

Ok, the group is not that large. I'm bringing 2 lanyards worth. I need to look at the schedule of what is happening which sea day, unless it's already on the schedule. I think it will be a fun thing to do!

We bring wine all the time in our luggage-- several bottles. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: We have been doing this at least 4x a year for about 7 years-- never had a broken or leaked bottle. If you are worried, Brookstone has a 12-pack wine carrier that you can buy to transport wine as luggage. That should do it for the trip!:hyper:

Thanks for the tip - I ordered one today - it will be handy not just for the cruise but also while we're wandering around Italy !!

Book Exchange​

* No sign up necessary. I will have a bag hanging outside my stateroom door 24/7. I'm midship on Deck 8. You can leave books in the bag for others and/or take books for yourself. All leftover books will be left at Guest Services at the end of the cruise.*
kaseyC: Thank you for organizing the book exchange!

We just returned from a 15-night cruise to Hawaii with many sea days, and I was reminded of the importance of an active book exchange.

On our recent cruise, the activities on sea days were front loaded (just like on our prior two DCL Transatlantic cruises). In other words, at the beginning of the cruise there were many activities to choose from, but it tapered off toward the end as several activities were simply repeated.

So I would encourage others to participate in the book exchange.

Woody

kaseyC: Thank you for organizing the book exchange!

We just returned from a 15-night cruise to Hawaii with many sea days, and I was reminded of the importance of an active book exchange.

On our recent cruise, the activities on sea days were front loaded (just like on our prior two DCL Transatlantic cruises). In other words, at the beginning of the cruise there were many activities to choose from, but it tapered off toward the end as several activities were simply repeated.

So I would encourage others to participate in the book exchange.

Woody

I no longer bring traditional books - I utilize eBooks or audiobooks - especially since I'm a reading addict - I'll download 20 books for my 5 weeks - I know - don't say .........

JenDen said:

Thanks, JenDen

Sorry to hear about that!! Praying for you and your family!

Morning,

Whilst I have only been to Disneyland Paris a handful of times, however I have stayed in a number of the good neighbour hotels, which are about a mile from the entrance of the parks and the Disney shopping village, these are the closest apart from the Disney owned hotels. The hotels have a round robin bus service which is quite frequent and makes the distance much closer than many we have stayed at in WDW. Some of these are, the Dream Circus, Kyriad, Explorers, Dream Castle and the Ibis Montevrain which is not on the bus route, however it is 50 yards from the local train, which takes you into DLP within a couple of minutes with the frequent trains. The Kyriad is basic with a good breakfast and the Dream Castle and Dream Circus are the better quality hotel with a good breakfast.

The best thing to do is shop around for prices, use european search engines for the hotels and also trivago. You would be better posting this on the DLP board for more qualified information. I know of someone on Dis called "Steamboat Will" a really helpful and knowledgable, who has been over 80 times, you could PM him, he knows Disneyland Paris better than most.

If you are getting the train in from Charles DeGaulle Airport, it's easy simply go to the TGV in the airport and connect straight to DLP, it took about 20 mins by train and you can use the Good Neighbour Hotels bus to take you to the hotels, it's easy.
When at DLP, just remember that for about 10 euro you can get a ticket into Paris with use of the Metro for a day, and a great way for kids to get a taste of Paris.

Hope this helps.

Hi Stevie

Thanks for the reply with loads of good advice. We signed up for the cruise just last week. It's kinda late in the game, but figured we can probably plan a post-cruise stay. We'll see...in any case, look forward to saying hello on the cruise.

Cheers,
Teri

I don't know... but I do have friends in my neighborhood on the April 16, April 20, and April 26 sailings I hope to hit up! hehehehe Might give insight to what might be showing for us.
:clap:

Six weeks!

I have a lot going on and am not really able to do much planning. But have decided to just let it all go and I figure it'll all work out and be wonderful :goodvibes

We are unbelievably excited and can't wait, but also will be unprepared :rotfl:

ETA What the heck is the code for the clapping smilie?

:clap:

Six weeks!

I have a lot going on and am not really able to do much planning. But have decided to just let it all go and I figure it'll all work out and be wonderful :goodvibes

We are unbelievably excited and can't wait, but also will be unprepared :rotfl:

ETA What the heck is the code for the clapping smilie?

I love it! What the heck! I'm with you, anything not done will work out on it's own!

Hope someone can help me - I have seen a bargain (crafting ) buy online and was wondering if there's any way I could get it sent to the ship for me? If so, would it be too early for them to hold it for several weeks, and if so, what address and other info would I need to include, and do they make a charge for this service?

Would someone mind posting a link to the FB page? I guess it is one of the 4000 odd posts a number of times, but it will take me an age to read all those through again.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks for the feedback from people on transfers - Looks like i'll go for limos.com

Paul

What shows will we get on board? On the 3 and 4 night Dream cruises there is something on in the theatre every night, but on the 7 night Fantasy cruises I seem to recall there were 'dark' nights. So what's the plan for 14 nights on the magic?

And also, whilst I think about it, how will dining work? Will we get a 7 night menu repeated or is there some kind of special 14 night menu?

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter