May 16 - Event? Convention?

bean bunny

Mouseketeer
On May 17th I have my pick of rooms at resorts but when I try to add a day and stay May 16th. There is no availability at Royal Pacific, and minimal elsewhere. Is there something going on during that time? Just trying to figure out if there's a chance of rooms opening or I should make other plans.

Thanks!

Yep - I tried making reservations back in December for this time - had a Disney Cruise followed by Universal. I ended up postponing the cruise to next year and doing Disney and Universal later in the month for this reason. At that time, the cost per night at RPR was outrages - but there were some rooms available. I did a lot of searching back then, and found this conference.

Yup, there is a big convention.

http://www.sapandasug.com/

This is why I will be in town that week :).

Try closer to the date they will release rooms usually in April, last year I had to keep waiting once my mom and sister wanted to visit and I needed a room for them. You are only allowed to book one room per conference ID. I think I was able to right around 30 days before.

mjohnson96 said:
This is why I will be in town that week :).

Try closer to the date they will release rooms usually in April, last year I had to keep waiting once my mom and sister wanted to visit and I needed a room for them. You are only allowed to book one room per conference ID. I think I was able to right around 30 days before.

How long is the convention going for? :)

It is an all week thing mon - thurs wit check out on Friday. I know when we book the rates ate good for about 4 days before and after too.

I will be at Royal Pacific May 12- 18, NOT with the conference. Will this affect my stay? I sure hope not :(

I will be at Royal Pacific May 12- 18, NOT with the conference. Will this affect my stay? I sure hope not :(

Normally it never effects the rest of the resort. The meeting and ballrooms are located away from the main areas. You might see people in the hotel in business attire with name tags roaming around.

Normally it never effects the rest of the resort. The meeting and ballrooms are located away from the main areas. You might see people in the hotel in business attire with name tags roaming around.

Are RPR's meeting and ballroom space being used by this convention? The website that Damo posted indicates that the convention is occurring at the Orange County Convention Center.

I think the convention is not being held at the RPH. That's why I am confused as to why the hotel is booked because of this? I just wondered if it will make the pools and everything more crowded? Or if it normally booked to capacity anyway.

I think the convention is not being held at the RPH. That's why I am confused as to why the hotel is booked because of this? I just wondered if it will make the pools and everything more crowded? Or if it normally booked to capacity anyway.

Convention is at Orlando Convention Center but it is huge and they book up most the hotels in the area. I know several from my company stay at the universal resorts and they have shuttles from the resorts to the convention.

Doubt it will make the pools busy, but in the evening the bars and restaurants might be. I actually love staying with the family during conventions because during the daytime things are slower than normal.

My bad, I didn't read it was been held offsite at t he convention center.

If its big then as others said many nearby hotels will fill up, supply and demand.

I think that a bunch of hotels give discounts if you are a convention attendendee. Someone mentioned that the Universal hotels were on the discount list for this large convention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter