• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 16, 2015 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western Caribbean!!!

I tried to send you a personal message but it said I haven't posted 10 times. Can someone please tell me how the FE work. Is it one gift per day per cabin. I think I read somewhere about you could do individual gifts or for the entire family. Also, what is the maximum # of cabins I will be exchanging with. Sorry for all the questions just trying to start getting prepared. Last but not least, we don't have our cabin number yet. Disney said it could be 2-75 days before the cruise. Please fill me in on anything I am missing. Thanks:)

Can't wait to be on the Fantasy. This will be my 3rd annual cruise and first time on a 7 day. Will be celebrating both my birthday and Mother-In-Law's during our trip. Cruising with my DH, DMiL, DD8, and DS7.

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one seems to be coming forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Many Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Hi All! I just booked this cruise to celebrate my son's High School Graduation! Cruising with my son(19) and myself will be my daughter (23). We love to eat, shop and stroll in Cozumel so, no excursion there. I am looking for activities in other ports. Happy to be sharing the boat with you guys for one magical week!

Hi All! I just booked this cruise to celebrate my son's High School Graduation! Cruising with my son(19) and myself will be my daughter (23). We love to eat, shop and stroll in Cozumel so, no excursion there. I am looking for activities in other ports. Happy to be sharing the boat with you guys for one magical week!
Welcome aboard :) I've heard the shopping in Grand Cayman is really nice. We will probably do that and the beach there. Jamaica, I have no clue! Castaway.. my DH will do the 5k, and we will prob hang at the beach, maybe rent bikes. We are beach people, so Im just looking forward to some sunshine and heat!

Hi all. We are really looking forward to joining the FE group for this cruise. Can someone please tell me how to sign up!

Many thanks,
Melissa

Our family is going on our first cruise together. Me and my kids have never been on a cruise! My husband loves them! My daughter is 9, and my son is 8 and we are super excited for our trip! 75 days!

We have decided to book a jet ski adventure with Fat Fish in Grand Cayman. Planning on a slow, restful day in Jamaica!

This will be my first cruise ever and an amazing vacation for my husband, myself and our 2 kids. Our son will be 3 and is so excited to go visit Mickey Mouse that he is just beside himself and packs every afternoon or so (its still 73 days away).

I think he would get a kick out of the Fish Extender tradition. Please count us in! We are also looking for some new friends to meet on this cruise. Hopefully someone is setting up the FE group list, we'd like in! I'm already coming up with fun ideas for gifts! Any advice on what to give out?

Also, not sure if this is the place to ask so if this is a total breech in etiquette please forgive this new-bee; we would love to meet up with a family and split the cost of a cabana on Castaway Cay for this trip- if there is a family out there that would like to share their rest spot and we'd cover half the tab please let me know! [Mom, Dad, 3-year-old and a 9-month-old (She's the real reason, we want nap shade but she doesn't count against the number of people, I checked every place I could find)]

Who is in charge of the Fish Extender group for this sailing? I'm worried because I don't see one. I'd do it but I have never been on a cruise or a Disney vacation before (I'm not really experienced on message boards either) and I'd hate for someone to be left out because I didn't do it right. I would gladly help if someone wants to head it.

Is this something where we all post our room number and the people participating and the someone compiles the info and sends out a spreadsheet or are we all individually supposed to go through the entire thread and compile the list ourselves? I was thinking of making a room gift for every cabin involved then randomly giving out little gifts to kids throughout the sailing, I know that finding presents in his pouch would make Liam's day so we plan on doing a lot of little things for other littles.

We are the Robertson Family
Room# 8616
Mom & Dad
Liam (3) (Allergic to Strawberries)
Colleen (9 months)

I also might be fun to all try to meet up on our first day at sea, I don't know much about this and I am nervous about boats so friends would make it easier. Thanks!

Hello!!!!!

This our 1st trip on any kind of cruise and we are super excited to be going on a disney one! I think I may be more excited than my kids :tinker:

We would LOVE to be part of the FE list. Ive read all messages and searched everywhere but can't seem to find the sign up list or any other specifics on how we are included. Can someone please help me with this. I would really hate to miss out. If one has not been started Id also be happy to start a spread sheet…….any input?

Cant wait!!!

Me Leslie ::MinnieMo27
DH Matt ::MickeyMo27
DD Nadya::MinnieMo 9
DS Izaak ::MickeyMo5

Hello Vanessa and Leslie, welcome aboard. It's nice to see a little activity on this meet. We are excited as we approach the 60 day marker. The sad thing is that the Disboard meets have seen some attrition. I'll try to do my part to keep this thread alive, but the only FE groups I know of are not on this site. I also know that I cannot post a link. Hopefully someone here will try to start a FE group or maybe you'll be able to find one elsewhere.

Hello!!!!!

We would LOVE to be part of the FE list. Ive read all messages and searched everywhere but can't seem to find the sign up list or any other specifics on how we are included. Can someone please help me with this. I would really hate to miss out. If one has not been started Id also be happy to start a spread sheet…….any input?

Cant wait!!!

Welcome!! This wonderful site provides an awesome opportunity for families to connect on FE, some families have found it convenient to meet up on other sites as well. Out of respect for this great site, you can try and start a FE list here with those who may not use other sites. I'm sure more than enough will pop in to join.

What a great reason to celebrate!! Our son is 19 (finishing first year of college) so nice to see others in his age group :) We will likely stroll around Cozumel as well!

Hi all. We are really looking forward to joining the FE group for this cruise. Can someone please tell me how to sign up!

Many thanks,
Melissa

As stated above, a FE list can be started here, some have opted for another popular media site to connect as well. Congrats on booking the cruise!! It's only 70 days away!! :)

Our family is going on our first cruise together. Me and my kids have never been on a cruise! My husband loves them! My daughter is 9, and my son is 8 and we are super excited for our trip! 75 days!

OH!!! You all will love the cruise!! So exciting and a great time of year to go!

We have decided to book a jet ski adventure with Fat Fish in Grand Cayman. Planning on a slow, restful day in Jamaica!

How much is the jet ski charging? Does this take you to stingray island? Anyone doing ziplining? My kids really want to do that...just not sure...of expense. Sounds like a great day! I would love to try jet skis!

This will be my first cruise ever and an amazing vacation for my husband, myself and our 2 kids. Our son will be 3 and is so excited to go visit Mickey Mouse that he is just beside himself and packs every afternoon or so (its still 73 days away).

I think he would get a kick out of the Fish Extender tradition. Please count us in! We are also looking for some new friends to meet on this cruise. Hopefully someone is setting up the FE group list, we'd like in! I'm already coming up with fun ideas for gifts! Any advice on what to give out?

Also, not sure if this is the place to ask so if this is a total breech in etiquette please forgive this new-bee; we would love to meet up with a family and split the cost of a cabana on Castaway Cay for this trip- if there is a family out there that would like to share their rest spot and we'd cover half the tab please let me know! [Mom, Dad, 3-year-old and a 9-month-old (She's the real reason, we want nap shade but she doesn't count against the number of people, I checked every place I could find)]

There are plenty of shady spots around the beach, the chairs had umbrellas in case you can't book a cabana, sometimes they book up quickly with Platinum/Silver cruisers who can book a few weeks before first time cruisers. You will have a blast! On the gifts, we like regional things from your area/crafty things/any tokens to remind us of the cruise :) Lots of pinterest pages to show creative ideas! If you are not a member at a popular media site, I'm sure some may start a FE here!

Who is in charge of the Fish Extender group for this sailing? I'm worried because I don't see one. I'd do it but I have never been on a cruise or a Disney vacation before (I'm not really experienced on message boards either) and I'd hate for someone to be left out because I didn't do it right. I would gladly help if someone wants to head it.

Is this something where we all post our room number and the people participating and the someone compiles the info and sends out a spreadsheet or are we all individually supposed to go through the entire thread and compile the list ourselves? I was thinking of making a room gift for every cabin involved then randomly giving out little gifts to kids throughout the sailing, I know that finding presents in his pouch would make Liam's day so we plan on doing a lot of little things for other littles.

We are the Robertson Family
Room# 8616
Mom & Dad
Liam (3) (Allergic to Strawberries)
Colleen (9 months)

I also might be fun to all try to meet up on our first day at sea, I don't know much about this and I am nervous about boats so friends would make it easier. Thanks!

Once a place/time is figured out for meetups it will be posted here...keep an eye out! Congrats on your cruise..so fun with little ones :)

Hello!!!!!

This our 1st trip on any kind of cruise and we are super excited to be going on a disney one! I think I may be more excited than my kids :tinker:

Cant wait!!!

Exciting! See notes above...others have posted links but this site asks that no links be provided referencing other media sites. Your family will have an aweome time!!

Okay reading between the lines! I am not a user of other social media sites rhyming with "PlaceHook" so here we go! I am officially starting a FE group for this lovely bunch of cruisers!

To minimize confusion I started an officially unofficial Fish Extender Group for this cruise, please see below to be added. You can also PM me if you like!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/fi...15-fantasy-7-night-western-caribbean.3386609/

Robertson Family
Room# 8616
Mom (Vennessa) & Dad (Rex)
Liam (3) (Mickey Fanatic) (Allergic to Strawberries)
Colleen (9 months)

I will start up a spreadsheet also, anyone interested in getting the spreadsheet from me please PM w an email address where I can send the document. I will also try to RTF one through the PM system.

Lets close it 30 days out so people have a chance to get with the making or buying. I'm excited to get on this! Any thing that gives me something to work on for the cruise nerves...

Leslie1027 would you mind making one too so we're sure no one who wants to play gets left out? Thank you kindly

Let the fish extend!

Last edited:
Oops please disregard this posting, I hit the wrong button...

See I warned you I'm not really a pro at forums! ;-)

I tried to send you a personal message but it said I haven't posted 10 times. Can someone please tell me how the FE work. Is it one gift per day per cabin. I think I read somewhere about you could do individual gifts or for the entire family. Also, what is the maximum # of cabins I will be exchanging with. Sorry for all the questions just trying to start getting prepared. Last but not least, we don't have our cabin number yet. Disney said it could be 2-75 days before the cruise. Please fill me in on anything I am missing. Thanks:)

Here is a link to the FE list we are starting. looks like we are all new so this should be fun!!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/fi...15-fantasy-7-night-western-caribbean.3386609/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter